The POV in the Lands of Always Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

It could be a number of people. We know Davos went to get Rickon in Skagos, which is in way North iirc. If I remember right GRMM said we won't get any new POV's so Davos could be it. That would cross Benjen out but I might be wrong.

Depends if it's an actual POV or the prologue/epilogue. I could see it being an unnamed brother in this case, or maybe Benjen to tie that thread off. Maybe even Coldhands. We could find out who he was and how he died if they used him as the prologue. If not, it can't really be anyone who isn't north of the wall already I imagine. That pretty much leaves Bran and Jon, or possibly Davos.

I second the Jon-via-Ghost theory. I know Jon has observed at least once that the extreme cold didn't seem to bother Ghost. It may be that one of the functions of Jon being out of commission/stuck in Ghost for a while will be for him to see firsthand (well, you know what I mean) what exactly is going on up there, in a body that isn't as sensitive to the elements as his is.

Depends if it's an actual POV or the prologue/epilogue. I could see it being an unnamed brother in this case, or maybe Benjen to tie that thread off. Maybe even Coldhands. We could find out who he was and how he died if they used him as the prologue. If not, it can't really be anyone who isn't north of the wall already I imagine. That pretty much leaves Bran and Jon, or possibly Davos.

Ya i agree with this theory that it could be cold hands, "The Cold Man" it would be named :D

I think a newly-resurrected Jon will go with Ghost, Longclaw, and a dozen or so wildling companions in search of the children of the forest (and unknowingly, Bran), not unlike the myth of the Last Hero. If he's going to be the primary hero of the story, he's going to have to know more about the Others and the 'threat' that they pose.. The only problem with this is that the motive of him going back north of the wall isn't there, but I could see it being something he learns while warging inside Ghost before returning to his body. And besides, given the circumstances at the Wall and in the North, he may have nowhere to go but north of the wall.

I think a newly-resurrected Jon will go with Ghost, Longclaw, and a dozen or so wildling companions in search of the children of the forest (and unknowingly, Bran), not unlike the myth of the Last Hero.

Longclaw is a sword, and how will wildlings follow a dire wolf?

I second the Prologue/Epilogue theory. Bran or Jon warging into something also has merit. Weren't we already given a clue in AGoT when Bran was in a coma and he sees lots of "dreamers" impaled on ice spikes? Then he sees something else that scares him? I always thought that place was The Lands of Always Winter. Maybe he will "revisit" them.

Aren't Alliser Thorne and Dywen on a ranging up north for some time now? I dont think they're dead yet, so far as we know, and it wasn't revealed where they went.

Since it took Bran almost a book, to get from the Wall to where he is now, and Mormonts Rangers half a book to get to the FotFM, the only people that can reach the Land of Always Winter should be way up north already.

By my account that are Benjen (if he's still alive), the group around Thorne (dito), Coldhands (dead but still mobile :thumbsup:) or some warging by Bran.

It's been pointed out in other threads that the prologue chapter should be south/maester related.

I think a newly-resurrected Jon will go with Ghost, Longclaw, and a dozen or so wildling companions in search of the children of the forest (and unknowingly, Bran), not unlike the myth of the Last Hero. If he's going to be the primary hero of the story, he's going to have to know more about the Others and the 'threat' that they pose.. The only problem with this is that the motive of him going back north of the wall isn't there, but I could see it being something he learns while warging inside Ghost before returning to his body. And besides, given the circumstances at the Wall and in the North, he may have nowhere to go but north of the wall.

I actually like this idea. Maybe when Jon is warging Ghost he'll hear someone (Bran) telling him that the COTF are still alive. He would wake up knowing that he has to go find them to learn more about the Others, which was one of his primary missions for Sam. Bran could lead Jon/Ghost to his cave in the same way the 3EC helped Bran and the Reeds get there. It's also possible that Bran would learn a lot of good information through the weirnet and pass it along to Jon. Maybe they'd find out where Benjen is and Jon would go to save him.

(I also have a crazy crackpot theory that Dany and her Dothraki will reach Westeros via a land connection between the Shadow by Asshai and the Lands of Always Winter. That way, the Dothraki would never have to go on water. As for Barriston and co., Tyrion knows about Aegon so they could easily back him or follow Dany once they hear about a giant Khalasar heading for Asshai. This is probably speculation that belongs in another thread but...whatevers..)

Here is one that will mind fuck you : Dany. Anyone remember a certain prophercy Quaithe gives her? "You must go backwards to go forwards, through shadow..." this is a paraphrase, sorry but that is the jist of it. Well what's more Backwards than the other side of the known world? Asshai, and shadow well, Asshai's by the shadow and it's not clear what IT is, what if it links around to the cold dark lands of always winter? The map of course would be messed up as hell, but I read the section in DWD earlier and it just came to mind.

This is pretty crackpot I know but it'd be interesting to see...

Aren't Alliser Thorne and Dywen on a ranging up north for some time now? I dont think they're dead yet, so far as we know, and it wasn't revealed where they went.

Since it took Bran almost a book, to get from the Wall to where he is now, and Mormonts Rangers half a book to get to the FotFM, the only people that can reach the Land of Always Winter should be way up north already.

By my account that are Benjen (if he's still alive), the group around Thorne (dito), Coldhands (dead but still mobile :thumbsup:) or some warging by Bran.

It's been pointed out in other threads that the prologue chapter should be south/maester related.

Didn't even think of Alliser Thorne. It would be nice to watch that doucher die in his POV. But yeah, according to the odd/even book this Prologue should feature a Maester since they alternate between North of the Wall and a Maester (at least, they have up to this point).

Archived