Sandor Clegane is Sansa perfect match II

bgona

Sansa II, ACOK:

"And what’s Joff’s little bird doing flying down the serpentine in the black of night?" When she did not answer, he shook her. "Where were you? "

"The g-g-godswood, my lord," she said, not daring to lie. "Praying... praying for my father, and... for the king, praying that he’d not be hurt."

"Think I’m so drunk that I’d believe that?" He let go his grip on her arm, swaying slightly as he stood, stripes of light and darkness falling across his terrible burnt face. "You look almost a woman... face, teats, and you’re taller too, almost... ah, you’re still a stupid little bird, aren’t you? Singing all the songs they taught you... sing me a song, why don’t you? Go on. Sing to me. Some song about knights and fair maids. You like knights, don’t you?"

I'm bringing this back to some earlier posts regarding whether or not Sandor is an alcoholic. There is an incredibly broad spectrum when it comes to diagnosing mental illness and addictive behavior. Sandor sounds like a functional alcoholic, just like Tyrion. Both consume massive amounts of alcohol on what appears to be a daily basis as a way to numb their pain, but manage to be efficient and productive when they're on duty-- or plotting power plays in Tyrion's case. Yes, Sandor is Joffrey's sworn shield despite consistently getting shitfaced during his off time, just as Tyrion takes on important duties like Hand of the King. But they both rely heavily on alcohol and are miserable (or more miserable than usual) when circumstances force them to abstain.

I don't know why this is brought up so often.

Sandor wants nothing to do with a young, sweet, virgin. He would rather have mug of fresh ale.

And if he did want anything to do with Sansa, it would be more of a father/daughter relationship rather than a romantic one.

I don't know why this is brought up so often.

Sandor wants nothing to do with a young, sweet, virgin. He would rather have mug of fresh ale.

And if he did want anything to do with Sansa, it would be more of a father/daughter relationship rather than a romantic one.

The text refutes that though. He seems to bring Sansa up in a positive way in everyone of Arya's chapters.

The text refutes that though. He seems to bring Sansa up in a positive way in everyone of Arya's chapters.

Whenever I bring up Hillary Clinton to my friends, I always bring her up in a Positive way. That doesn't mean I want to begin an affair with her.

Sandor can care about some one other than himself, but that doesn't mean he cares about her romantically.

I'm bringing this back to some earlier posts regarding whether or not Sandor is an alcoholic. There is an incredibly broad spectrum when it comes to diagnosing mental illness and addictive behavior. Sandor sounds like a functional alcoholic, just like Tyrion.

You could be right though I'd question whether we have sufficient information to be certain that Sandor is an alcoholic. Drinking may be his only past-time, from what we know it seems like there's little enough in his life aside from his work. If his life was filled with more, his drinking may naturally become insignificant. Alcoholic or fond of a drink though, doesn't mean that he shouldn't be loved -- by Sansa or anyone else. We haven't seen him give alcohol more importance to Sansa's or Arya's safety when the need called for it so we don't have evidence that it is his number one priority. There's a lot we don't know. If he's still alive, who's to say that he still drinks to the same degree if at all? Or that Sansa's love or any woman's love wouldn't give purpose to his life where none existed previously? For all we know, that's all he needs.

You could be right though I'd question whether we have sufficient information to be certain that Sandor is an alcoholic. Drinking may be his only past-time, from what we know it seems like there's little enough in his life aside from his work. If his life was filled with more, his drinking may naturally become insignificant. Alcoholic or fond of a drink though, doesn't mean that he shouldn't be loved -- by Sansa or anyone else. We haven't seen him give alcohol more importance to Sansa's or Arya's safety when the need called for it so we don't have evidence that it is his number one priority. There's a lot we don't know. If he's still alive, who's to say that he still drinks to the same degree if at all? Or that Sansa's love or any woman's love wouldn't give purpose to his life where none existed previously? For all we know, that's all he needs.

First of all, I'm responding to several posters in the original thread in which Sandor's drinking comes into question (I was actually posting my response when the thread was locked). When drinking becomes your only past-time, then you're an alcoholic. Sandor is not so limited that he only has alcohol to resort to--no one is. That's just an absurd notion. Sandor is clearly self medicating. People who self medicate typically are abusing highly addictive drugs such as booze and are engaging in a behavior much more severe than risk taking.

And nowhere have I ever suggested Sandor wasn't worthy of love, from Sansa, Arya, or anyone else. Of course he's worthy of love, especially if people (Sansa, Arya, etc...) find him worthy of their love. And I love the idea of a romantic relationship between Sansa and Sandor. As a matter of fact, I'm one of the few people on this forum (from what I've read) who wishes Sansa left with a drunkass Sandor during the Battle of the Blackwater.

Sandor is a sociopath whose prone to fits of rage, violence and enjoys killing people more than anything. But I'm sure you've heard this all before and for some reason, will remain unconvinced.

Not a SanSan shipper, but he doesn't come across like a sociopath to me. Deeply fucked up, yes, but not a sociopath.

First of all, I'm responding to several posters in the original thread in which Sandor's drinking comes into question (I was actually posting my response when the thread was locked). When drinking becomes your only past-time, then you're an alcoholic. Sandor is not so limited that he only has alcohol to resort to--no one is. That's just an absurd notion. Sandor is clearly self medicating. People who self medicate typically are abusing highly addictive drugs such as booze and are engaging in a behavior much more severe than risk taking.

And nowhere have I ever suggested Sandor wasn't worthy of love, from Sansa, Arya, or anyone else. Of course he's worthy of love, especially if people (Sansa, Arya, etc...) find him worthy of their love. And I love the idea of a romantic relationship between Sansa and Sandor. As a matter of fact, I'm one of the few people on this forum (from what I've read) who wishes Sansa left with a drunkass Sandor during the Battle of the Blackwater.

You are not alone!! Jajajajajaja

Anyway, as it is proof after leaving KL, he is highly depress without knowing how to approach the North army. After the Red Weeding them he is trully depress. He drinks or chop trees. He doesn´t know what to do.

-----

To all the others:

A fool is the one that refuses to see.

I would be incredibly disappointed if this happened. Which is won't since Sandor is too low born, crippled and likely to never leave his grave digging duties let alone go to the Eyrie.

I would also be really disappointed if they somehow ended up together. But I don't think they will, because I think it's unlikely they'll meet again. I want Sandor's story to be finished (but I'm not quite sure it is); he can live on the QI and find some kind of peace.

To all the others:

A fool is the one that refuses to see.

Please don't call me a fool just because I don't share your opinion.

Archived