Possibilities in Bran chapters in TWOW

I was re-reading ADwD over the past couple of days and now that we know Bran can recall past events through weirwoods that were present it got me to thinking of information we may get access to as readers through Bran's POV. I think this has the possibility to answer a lot of questions people have been asking as the few scenes from Bran's visions so far were very intriguing; Eddard talking of (what I take to be) Jon and Robb, Lyanna fighting with one of her brothers, other knights and lords over the years (Dunk etc) and that was just through one weirwood at Winterfell.

We could potentially see the coming siege of Winterfell through this very tree, as well as more information on the Others through weirwoods further north, the history of the building of the Wall, events at the Wall currently (it's noted the Wildling's carved faces into the trees near Castle black from memory) and any number of past or present events. So I guess aside from thinking out-loud here I was wondering whether other people had any events they though might be revealed through Bran in the next book and how significant other people think this ability will be in G.R.R.M's ability to display the history of Westeros?

This is one of the more interesting suggestions I read, (sorry can't remember who made the post or the thread for that matter.)

As Lucas Blackwood's bones are being returned to Raventree Hall for burial beneath the giant Weirwood then Bran might witness the Red Wedding through Lucas' eyes. A bit out there perhaps but it reminded me of the line, "The bones remember," as said by Mel to Mance regarding the Rattleshirt glamour, iirc.

DWD Bran POVs are great, imo, and I was kind of disappointed that he only have three chapters. I think his POVs will have a load of revelations that happened in the past. Maybe he'll learn as a greenseer that Jon will play an important role in the upcoming Long Night and the battle against the Others. I hope he'll show us what really happened to Mr. Coldhands, too, and who that guy really is.

I think Bran chapters are some of the best in the series as well.....Martin takes particular care in writing for Bran.....he says in interviews that Bran is the hardest character to write for being that he is so young and it's not always so easy to have to explain things through the eyes of a 9 year old .....well 10 year old by DWD......but it should be interesting how he handles Brans arc ....especially with these new fantastic poers that he is developing.

I can't help but feel Martin has huge plans for the weirwood vision over the centuries, so many things that can't be displayed through his POV writing that can be shown/elaborated with this ability. Tower of Joy, foundation of Winterfell/TheWall and Bran the Builder's exploits, battles against The Others and their potential weaknesses. Honestly feel like this changes everything from a reader's perspective and is one of the most exciting things in the next 2 books.

"A woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. " I bet it was Lyanna praying for a son to avenge Rhaegar.

I'm hoping for some insight into the origin or at least the early history of the Others. Of course, my pet theory is that Bran's experimentation with the weirwood will actually create the Others in the past. I know that Bloodraven said that it's impossible to change the past, but since the Others exist now it wouldn't really be changing, just causing.

Definitely going to get something. Theres really only 2 options to see the land of always winter, Bran or Jon, and I think Brans would be better. Jon would have to go very far, and Bran has already seen the lands once back in AGOT.

I agree..Bran would be the wiser of the two options for GRRM to use. There's already so much going on with Jon (The Wall, GNC, etc).

If they married in front of a weirwood tree. I bet a septon married them (if they really got married).

How could they get married in front of a weirwood in the South when GRRM makes it known that the Andals burned almost all of the weirwoods south of the neck, with the exception at the one in Raventree Hall, due to the fact that the Blackwoods still keep the old gods.

"A woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. " I bet it was Lyanna praying for a son to avenge Rhaegar.

Lyanna died at the Tower of Joy and never made it back to Winterfell. There's no way it was her. It had to be someone else.

How could they get married in front of a weirwood in the South when GRRM makes it known that the Andals burned almost all of the weirwoods south of the neck, with the exception at the one in Raventree Hall, due to the fact that the Blackwoods still keep the old gods.

You're forgetting about the Isle of Faces, close to Harrenhal as Tofagerl has pointed out. Many supporters of the R+L old gods wedding theory think this the most likely location.

Archived