And the price for the most useless prophecy goes to...

"I even have my own crackpot that the weeping blood may have been weirwoods and they didnt see it well which could foreshadow Dany against greenseers/wargs etc."

Ahem.... One of those greenseers is her great-grandfather's uncle. I see no reason to suppose that Lord Brynden has abandoned his house, even as his concern has expanded to the safety of all of Westeros.

We don't know what the relationship was between Lord Brynden and Aemon but the only indication is the latter's remark about traveling to the Wall with "no less a man" than Lord Brynden which suggests a certain respect which would not be consistent with Bloodraven becoming hostile to their house.

Who says she will know BR is related to her when he is hiding in a cave?

Thats what the children of the forest say, personally I am not going to believe them especially when they may have lied to Bran about weirwood paste but that's just my opinion and I respect yours.

I don't think there is any useless prophesies in aSoIaF just unfulfilled ones.

I don't think they transfer or go away either. Just because we think the Stalion prophesy is Rhaego doesn't mean it's not about another person. It just may be that it is.

Prophesy is so well done in this,story that I wouldn't sell any of them short.

These prophecies come with several warnings about prophesy in general(like a sword with no hilt there is no way to safely grasp it) (sorry for paraphrasing)

The simplest ones are most likely the trickiest. Nothing and no one are as they seem in GRRM's universe.

That's actually why so many people don't think Quaithe is actually trying to help Dany.

I completely agree, we have no evidence that quaithe is trying to help dany whatsoever. The only thing I can say for sure about her is that she's trying to draw dany to Ashai'i, but I doubt its for any noble purpose. Everyone else seems to have their own selfish motives in these novels, why not quaithe?

Supposedly the glass candles let the user enter others dreams and visions. I believe that's in Sam's last chapter in AFFC

You believe? You don't know? Yes Archmaester Marwyn gives Sam a brief account of Valyrian obsidian candles at the end of the chapter in question. You could have looked it up, you know.

Aren't all prophecies useless by nature anyway? I mean if you manage to use the knowledge to successfully avoid what happens then the prophecy is wrong in which case the person who could see the future wouldn't see it happening and the person trying to avoid the prophecy coming true would no longer believe in them either. Or they try to avoid the prophecy, fail and it comes true anyway in which case knowing about it has made absolutely no difference whatsoever. Am I making sense here?!

Way to be a smug bastard bud. Sorry I don't keep a dog eared copy around me at all times.

It might help. And I don't post about things about which I am not sure without consulting the text. The few times I have done that I have made a couple of serious mistakes.

Faith in prophesy is a tricky thing. I think these sorts of prophesies could have their interpretations bent to fit actual events. In the same way that we can argue for almost any younger sibling in the series to be Cersei's Valonqar. Is it Sandor, Jaime, Tyrion, or even Arya... it almost seems like no matter how it goes down we can make the events fit the prophesy.

The difference I see with the Stallion prophesy is that the others like TPTWP and AA are very old and have been translated between languages in many cases. With the SWMTW, we (readers) were present at the time of its telling. There is no mistaking the gender. There is no mistaking the details. It was said to be about Dany and Drogo's son. A son that is now dead.

Does the cosmic burden of fulfillment now fall to another (Dany)? I suppose it is possible... but I just don't see it yet.

Yes, I believe the STMTWP is the most useless prophecy.

"As swift as the wind he rides, and behind him his khalasar covers the earth, men without number, with arakhs shining in their hands like blades of razor grass. Fierce as a storm this prince will be. His enemies will tremble before him, and their wives will weep tears of blood and rend their flesh in grief. The bells in his hair will sing his coming, and the milk men in the stone tents will fear his name." The old woman trembled and looked at Dany almost as if she were afraid. "The prince is riding, and he shall be the stallion who mounts the world."

"We are an old people. Ancestors are important to us. Wed Hizdahr zo Loraq and make a son with him, a son whose father is the harpy, whose mother is the dragon. In him the prophecies shall be fulfilled, and your enemies will melt away like snow."

He shall be the stallion that mounts the world. Dany knew how it went with prophecies. They were made of words, and words were wind. There would be no son for Loraq, no heir to unite dragon and harpy. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only then would her womb quicken once again …

If there actually was a harpy+dragon=superbaby prophecy then Dany has miscarried two messiahs already.

Seeing as things come in threes in asoiaf I expect she will have one more pregnancy.

Either she will miscarry again and the pregnancies represent her dragons or it will survive and I have no idea what might happen then.

STMTWP and the Meereen hybrid let downs could yet turn into something interesting.

The Martells have their own agenda of Revenge, and Quentyn did try to steal her dragon...

Tyrion is looking out for Tyrion, he's the least trustworthy out of all them.

I completely disagree in regards to Tyrion. I actually think he is the MOST trustworthy of them all... He is searching for someone to believe in and he is clearly into the dragon story. He also really wants to get Cersei and the Lanns. in general away from the throne, and I think in his mind Danny is the only one who can do it (with his help, of course!)

Despite his current intentions, I think Tyrion will end up betraying Dany. I can see him being the third treason (treason for love). Dany's going to want some serious revenge on Jaime the Kingslayer, right? I can see a scenario unfolding where Tyrion promises to bring her Jaime's head, but when it comes to do the deed he can't and lets Jaime go free/switches sides.

I'm inclined to believe that Quaithe is on Dany's side. You could make an argument that her prophesy refers to the less obvious threats, which have potential to do more profound damage to Dany's cause.

Yes, I believe the STMTWP is the most useless prophecy.

How is it useless?

There is evidence that it is Dany so that doesnt mean it useless and I am pretty sure they saw a dragon in the vision or Dany riding a dragon thats why they were afraid.

Quaithe and Marwyn know each other from Asshai. Thats why no warning against Marwyn.

Quaithe is not from Asshai, but from the shadow lands adjacent to Asshai, which is sometimes called "Asshai by the Shadow". And when we encounter her, she is in Quarth. There is no warning about Marwyn because he does not set out for Slavers Bay until after Dany gets her warning from Quaithe. (The last chapter of Feast would be about midway thru Dance.)

Don´t trust the Sun´s son? Don´t trust Quentyn Martell? Really?

This guy may not be pretty enough for her, but he seems completely sincere to me, and his father, whom he represents, is trustworthy too.

Well, if Dany could just trust her own judgment about who "seems trustworthy" the prophesy would be irrelevant anyway. But this prophesy may be foreshadowing something. Which further suggests that Quentyn may be still alive.

To those who suggest that the prophesy has already been fulfilled, because Quentyn tried to steal Dany's dragons ... I'd say that's a poor fit. The dragons were no longer in Dany's possession, they were in greater danger captive than "stolen"; Dany herself had invited Quentyn to try for the role of DragonRider, and Dany was no longer around to ask permission.

Don´t trust Tyrion?

Why? Tyrion shares her goals and is (for Westerosi standards) pretty trustworthy.

Is this a joke? Tyrion is a murderer whose only loyalty (once) was to his evil family; except now he wants to kill them too. This shared enmity now provides a motive for a tentative alliance with Dany, but is still no guarantee of trustworthiness. He is a jealous, self-pitying creature who "wants it all" and is willing to hurt those who get in his way. Surely nothing is more predictable than the fact that Westeros is not big enough for both Dany AND Tyrion. We don't even need Quaithe for that.

Archived