Dreadfort claimers?

borgenone

Perhaps Stannis will marry off Jayne P. to a southern knight/lord.

BTW, what is Jaynes legal status? Is her marriage still valid even though she married using a fake identity?

Well, as with all things regarding Westerosi laws, it depends on the will of whoever is in power. I can't really see Ramsay surviving the series anyway.

As for the Dreadfort, it depends too much on who ends up inheriting the North and how. It is a tempting reward for Vale Lords, for instance, but I don't see Sansa/LF moving fast enough to claim the North. As someone said, giving it to a major Northern House would upset the balance of power too much. The Hornwood lands will also be vacant once the Boltons are out.

If Stannis wins and captures Dreadfort it doesn't mean he'll kill Roose. He gave the chance to Renlys people to shift to his side once Renly was gone. He'll probably do the same with Roose. Because he's a righteous man. For that same reason, even if he kills Roose, there is no chance he'll kill innocent pregnant lady Bolton and her child along with her. Thus, Dreadfort stays in Boltons hands.

If Stannis wins and captures Dreadfort it doesn't mean he'll kill Roose. He gave the chance to Renlys people to shift to his side once Renly was gone. He'll probably do the same with Roose. Because he's a righteous man. For that same reason, even if he kills Roose, there is no chance he'll kill innocent pregnant lady Bolton and her child along with her. Thus, Dreadfort stays in Boltons hands.

Stannis is a righteous man, one who punishes those who participated in a massacre of unarmed wedding guests protected by ancient customs of hospitality. If he has the chance, Roose will feed R'hllor's flames.

The northern Lords would leave Stannis in a hot minute if he doesn't destroy the Boltons. He wouldn't offer pardons to the Freys would he?

Hopefully both Walda and Jeyne will get pregnant by someone else on the sly.

According to Jon, the Northmen would not like Stannis to give Northen castles to Southroners, so I doubt he'll reward his men with Northern lands. That said, the Dreadfort is too good a castle to destroy or abandon, so maybe he'll redistribute the lands to Northern lords in exchange for support, and give the castle to a particularly distinguished member of a more minor house to make sure that the balance of power in the North is maintained.

It will be razed to the ground.

The HappyFort will replace it.

and what would their banner be? a giant smiley face?

Words cannot express how much I laughed at this. :lmao:

Stannis is a righteous man, one who punishes those who participated in a massacre of unarmed wedding guests protected by ancient customs of hospitality. If he has the chance, Roose will feed R'hllor's flames.

The northern Lords would leave Stannis in a hot minute if he doesn't destroy the Boltons. He wouldn't offer pardons to the Freys would he?

Does he know that Boltons were involved? Is he sure? As I see it Boltons and Lannisters didn't exactly expose themselves, the RW blame is going to fall on the Freys alone. Anyway, it doesn't matter, if he kills Roose there's still the pregnant lady Bolton.

Does he know that Boltons were involved? Is he sure? As I see it Boltons and Lannisters didn't exactly expose themselves, the RW blame is going to fall on the Freys alone. Anyway, it doesn't matter, if he kills Roose there's still the pregnant lady Bolton.

The North lords seem to believe they were, and that's all that matters if it comes to Stannis accepting Roose's surrender.

Stannis specifically says that Roose was made Warden of the North for betraying Robb, so he knows.

Mance Rayder is rewarded with the Dreadfort as he will be in ideal position to watch over the wildlings who settle in the gift. House Rayder is created...with Gilly's son being the heir. I don't know if Mance will ever find out the truth about his son.

I can't believe nobody has named Stannis' Hand. It's high time that Davos be a landed Lord.

Onions instead of the Flayed Man!

Like Jon said, the Northern lords will not like Stannis giving Northern castles and lands to Southroners, even nice guys like Davos. Davos already got lands and a keep on Cape Wrath when he became a landed knight, and got the Rainwood when he became a Lord and Stannis' Hand.

Like Jon said, the Northern lords will not like Stannis giving Northern castles and lands to Southroners, even nice guys like Davos. Davos already got lands and a keep on Cape Wrath when he became a landed knight, and got the Rainwood when he became a Lord and Stannis' Hand.

Well, I don't think Stannis will get the chance as I believe that eventually all will be well with a Stark in Winterfell. But, effecting a rescue from unicorns and/or cannibals (are they one and the same???) on Skagos could also make Rickon inclined to award the Dreadfort to him as well.

Archived