Targaryens are Albinos

King of Vaes Tolorro

I have a crackpot theory that before the first men came to Westeros there was an ice age. Only the very south and land bridge were inhabitable by humans and Valyria was quite populous because the volcanoes kept it warm. However, these regions would have had a northern type climate during the ice age so the peoples of Lys and Valyria developed Scandinavian colouring which remained later, after they warmed up, due to inbreeding and a cultural preference for the local look.

This turned into a fireproof targs somehow.

Every thread about the Targs it ends with Targs being fireproof, I don't know how this happens. :dunno:

I always thought that they were the closest thing to elves that this series has.

I think that you mean Tolkien's elves.

the closest thing to the elves in ASOIAF are the children of the forest!

:agree:

The Targs are definitly not albinos, barring Bloodraven. Their skin is fair, not pale, and their hair and eyes is blonde and blue, rather than white and red. Granted, their blonde hair is very light, being called silver-blonde, and while violet eyes only appears due to albinism, it is possible for blue eyes to appear purple, as was the case with Elizabeth Taylor, who had dark blue eyes that appeared purple. Still the Targs lack of other albino traits, as well as the apperance of a true albino, Bloodraven, who is specifically set apart by being an albino... well, it seems to me that their eyes are infact a shade of blue, that appears to be various shades of purple.

That said, they are certainly abnormal, since such apperances, as well as their connection to magic is rather mystic.

Alright, let's forget the rather important difference between white hair and red eyes (which signify lack of pigmentation) and silvery-gold hair and various shades of purple (the ranging in colour alone should be an indicator that there is a normal level of pigmentation) for a moment:

If Targaeryens are albinos, Daenerys and Viserys would have shriveled up very early into their treck across the Dothraki Sea. Months of travel under a beating sun with no shade anywhere, and all they've got to complain about is sweaty clothes? And yet we have a verified albino in Bloodraven, who wore a hood every time he walked outside? Sorry OP, this does not compute.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't understand why everyone insists that dany isn't unnaturally immune to fire and heat. isn't it mentioned a few times that she likes taking scalding hot baths? I understand that the funeral pyre thing was a one time thing and she couldn't just walk into a fire again and come out unburnt but she definitely isn't as sensitive as normal people, no? or am I completely wrong here?

Archived