Is Theon better off?

Seaworth'sShipmate

I just want to point out that it was Ramsey's idea to murder and burn the bodies of the two children and try to pass them off as the Stark children. Also I believe Ramsey did not inform Theon that he was going to flay all the iron born at moat calin. He also never tortured fake Arya. Ramsey made him do what he did.

You omitted the part in which he endangered Bran's life by releasing an arrow that could have missed his target or be too powerful and cause Bran to loose his life.

Robb, his best friend, saw through Theon intentions: he was only trying to be the 'hero of the day', with no actual care for Bran.

jk

Theon took the only option: with Bran a hostage, gambling on his archery skill was the only way out.

As for the "only in it for glory" argument, Theon can't win under your reasoning. If he shot the arrow, he gets accused of not caring for Bran, if he hadn't shot the arrow, he'd be accused of not caring for Bran.

Theon took the only option: with Bran a hostage, gambling on his archery skill was the only way out.

As for the "only in it for glory" argument, Theon can't win under your reasoning. If he shot the arrow, he gets accused of not caring for Bran, if he hadn't shot the arrow, he'd be accused of not caring for Bran.

lol, you missed out the 'jk' ending my post. It means 'just kidding'.

nktt

No-one has mentioned Moat Cailin.

Post Reek Theon convinces the garrison that if they surrender they won't be harmed. One of them is so overjoyed he promises to name a son after Theon. Then Ramsay flays them all. IMO this is one of the darkest scenes of the entire series.

What about the Ironborn he has killed to cover up the Bran/Rickon plot?

What about the Ironborn he has killed to cover up the Bran/Rickon plot?

What about them?

It isn't like he flays them. He kills to keep secrets, maintain morale and ensure his war plans go ahead. Not very nice, but par for the course being a military commander. Hell, even Ygritte does likewise. I really don't get how you can compare this to tricking an entire garrison into getting flayed by Ramsay.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived