Bumping for TWOW V4

Kikajon

You know in Melbourne it dropped 5 degrees Celsius in only fifteen minutes this morning as a cold front came in?! Crazy!

It was 32 yesterday and 18 today. Four seasons in a day. ;) 

I can't even remember the last time (if in living memory at all) we had a tornado. They happen in central Australia a fair bit, though. Must be scary, eh?

On 12/6/2016 at 6:20 PM, Yukle said:

Eek! Must've been terrifying at the time! :( 

Actually I didn't know about it until later. Just knew there was one in the area and that there was a warning in effect, so we went to the safest part of the house. Too late to be scared after the fact, though I was nervous about it being close even. I must say in retrospect I'm rather impressed at the volume my boys managed to attain...louder than a tornado. 

It was I think between 50 and 100 yards away. Probably closer to the 50, but we never measured. My dad and husband were out milking the cows and heard it go by. And later we saw the a line of trees it took down as it passed (lived in a heavily tree'd area).

Saw some more snowflakes today.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:34 AM, Lady of Whisperers said:

:lmao:

I actually want to spend Christmas at the southern hemisphere at one point. Just to see what it's like to celebrate christmas in summer. 

It's awesome. :D

You get to lounge about in the sun - which is such a relaxing feeling! Plus it's in the middle of our longest holidays. It's a great beginning to a long break.

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

It's awesome. :D

You get to lounge about in the sun - which is such a relaxing feeling! Plus it's in the middle of our longest holidays. It's a great beginning to a long break.

Sounds really wonderful.

Australia is the no. 1 of my list of countries I want to visit, but unfortunately it's currently too expensive for me :(

Archived