Which Show Character do you like better than in the Books?

rayarts

There is always a lot of unhappiness going on because of how

poorly this and that was portrayed in the show compared to ASOIAF.

But aren't there some characters that are actually more interesting or improved

in dimension in Game of Thrones than in the books?

There is sometimes great acting going on and some great spiced-up characterization.

For me, first thing comes Tyrion into mind.

Come on - Peter Dinklage is PERFECT - and Tyrion's sarcastic character points in GoT

are just so much more entertaining to me than in the books.

Robb plays a bigger "pure hero" role (until he dies) than in the books.

Brienne and Jaimie together are brilliant.

Whom do you like more?

(this has to be here, not in the TV-Show section, because you have to have read the books in order to answer)

They made Tyrion into a 'goodie' in the show though. In the books he is a lot more sketchy morally (which makes him a better, if less likeable, character).

You are right, they did. But I just like Show Tyrion so much, I love sarcasm and wits, so I don't care.

Tyrion is more likeable in the show as the story progresses. On the contrary in season 1 I wasn't sure if Tyrion is supposed to be a hero or a villain there.

Brienne is very different in the show, I'd say that she's more entertaining there in a way.

Ramsay is quite entertaining in the show compared to a complete d*ck in the books. Like, he's a d*ck anyway but quite an entertaining one.

Jorah is probably better in the show.

Qyburn and Tywin

HATE both characters in the books, enjoy them in the show. Qyburn comes across as genuinely compassionate towards Cersei in the show which is so fucking weird (knowing all the horrible things he does in the books) but interesting to watch at the same time.

Qyburn and Tywin

HATE both characters in the books, enjoy them in the show. Qyburn comes across as genuinely compassionate towards Cersei in the show which is so fucking weird but interesting to watch at the same time.

Tywin for sure, Charles Dance was amazing, I just reread through ASoS and to be honest, Tywin didn't even really had that much of a presence in the book, due to the POV format...Dance brought Tywin to the forefront.

Tywin for sure, Charles Dance was amazing, I just reread through ASoS and to be honest, Tywin didn't even really had that much of a presence in the book, due to the POV format...Dance brought Tywin to the forefront.

yeah whenever Tywin shows up in the books, its mostly just to be evil towards his kids and then the rest of time we just hear about all the disgusting war crimes and rapes he ordered. pre-series tywin comes across as compelling but current series tywin is a very flat character in the books imo.

yeah whenever Tywin shows up in the books, its mostly just to be evil towards his kids and then the rest of time we just hear about all the disgusting war crimes and rapes he ordered. pre-series tywin comes across as compelling but current series tywin is a very flat character in the books imo.

I hope GRRM did this intentionally, that is tell us the worst about Tywin from the very start because we only see Tywin from Tyrion's perspective, apart from one Jaime chapter where Tywin disowns him and Sansa observing him a bit from afar. Other info we get about Tywin is from Ned and Arya I think and we learn the worst of him (the murder of the children and Tysha rape) before we even meet Tywin. Tywin seems more dimensional in the main books as well after he is dead. So hopefully this was done on purpose to show POV bias a bit and GRRM did not realise in hindsight he had made Tywin too one-dimensional.

Probably Alliser Thorne, at least until the final episode.

Agreed. The actor playing him is one of the best in the show. I love every minute of his interactions with Jon Snow.

It's such a shame that the writers decided to include him in the stabbing. I just can't believe that a character like Alliser Thorne would be stupid enough to let an army of wildlings through the Wall shortly before executing Jon.

I agree about Tywin too. I found him to be a bland character in the books.

I hope GRRM did this intentionally, that is tell us the worst about Tywin from the very start because we only see Tywin from Tyrion's perspective, apart from one Jaime chapter where Tywin disowns him and Sansa observing him a bit from afar. Other info we get about Tywin is from Ned and Arya I think and we learn the worst of him (the murder of the children and Tysha rape) before we even meet Tywin. Tywin seems more dimensional in the main books as well after he is dead. So hopefully this was done on purpose to show POV bias a bit and GRRM did not realise in hindsight he had made Tywin too one-dimensional.

I like that a look into pre-series Tywin fleshes him out more but I still find him to be a pretty flat character. I like my villains to have more vulnerabilities and Tywin really doesn't.

Most of the characters on the show are watered-down versions of the characters in the book. I realize that is what they have to do to turn a book into a show, but it can be very frustrating. However, I really like Show Jorah Mormont. He isn't so much watered-down, just an interesting alternative version to Book Jorah.

For me, it's a tie between Book Jorah and Show Jorah. Pretty much all the other characters' show versions don't come close to their book versions, but there are some changes they have made that I approve of.

Archived