GoT Theory: What if Gendry is the black haired son of Robert and Cersei?

Millysandre

I'm sure that it was a lie. How can it not be news when the King has a baby(possibly the Crown Prince) and later dies of fever? There would have been ravens flown from castle to castle carrying that news.

I'll quote myself: She's not lying. The baby is the hint for us to know that any baby fathered by Robert would be black of hair.

Such baby did exist. He was black of hair. Cersei says so. We know he has black hair because Robert is the father. She says so too.

So... how is that the other kids aren't black of hair? Mmm--- maybe because they aren't Robert's? At the end, we were meant to use this as a proof too, I suppose.

The thing is, in the books, is clear that Cersei hated having Robert's children since day one. She made everything she could to abort them. In the show, IICR, they started well. She told Robert she loved him until their first baby died.

I'll quote myself: She's not lying. The baby is the hint for us to know that any baby fathered by Robert would be black of hair.

Such baby did exist. He was black of hair. Cersei says so. We know he has black hair because Robert is the father. She says so too.

So... how is that the other kids aren't black of hair? Mmm--- maybe because they aren't Robert's? At the end, we were meant to use this as a proof too, I suppose.

The thing is, in the books, is clear that Cersei hated having Robert's children since day one. She made everything she could to abort them. In the show, IICR, they started well. She told Robert she loved him until their first baby died.

Sure it's a hint. That still doesn't explain how the wife of the Warden of the North wasn't aware of it. Just because Cersei says so, doesn't mean it's true. Especially when she also tells Ned about how she "finishes" Robert off in other ways. She also mentions how Robert whispered "Lyanna" on her wedding night.

Sure it's a hint. That still doesn't explain how the wife of the Warden of the North wasn't aware of it. Just because Cersei says so, doesn't mean it's true. Especially when she also tells Ned about how she "finishes" Robert off in other ways. She also mentions how Robert whispered "Lyanna" on her wedding night.

Are you saying people keep track of every baby that doesn't survive? Doubt it.

Also, when Cersei tells Cat this, Bran is still in coma. If she knew, she probably didn't have it in mind.

Unfortunately the showriters turned Cersei into Carol. Cersei screwed Jaime on the day of her wedding to Robert and we find out that Cersei hated Robert for killing Rheagar on the Trident. Cersei was told as a child by her father, after her mother died that she will be Prince Rheagar's wife and eventual Queen. The Mad king rejected the proposed match and enraged Tywin. Cercei must of still dreamed and held out hope to still get Rheagar but when Robert killed him, she was hateful towards him for that. When Rheagar ran off with Lyanna Stark, she was resentfull towards her for that too. She was jealous. Her thing with Jaime seems more like her entitled twin fuckboy more than love. He was as much a part of her that she felt no big deal in what they did. In fact, if you look at it, having those three kids was like her getting pregnant and giving birth by immaculate inception. Cersei is about Cersei. Robert and her never had a chance because Cersei only wanted to be Queen but wanted nothing from him. She did not need him other than for her crown or title. So, if he actually whispered Lyanna's name on their wedding night, I think it is funny as I know Cersei was already betraying him with her own twin brother. Now, for show only people, they have made Carol into a complete victim of Robert (The Seed is Stong) Baratheon and we are supposed to feel sorry for her and hate him forever.

Are you saying people keep track of every baby that doesn't survive? Doubt it.

Also, when Cersei tells Cat this, Bran is still in coma. If she knew, she probably didn't have it in mind.

No. Not every child. But every child of the Royal line, yes.

It depends if little robert died after 2 nights of being a sickly infant I doubt anyone would no if he died aged 2 people would know he existed.

In the show, they rang bells for Sansa when she was born. Is it difficult to think that the news of a crown prince would spread anyway? Especially to the King's best friend and Warden of the North.

Cersei's story was as honest as her praying for Bran's recovery.

Tyrion: “Making honest feelings do dishonest work is one of Cersei's many gifts”

In the show, they rang bells for Sansa when she was born. Is it difficult to think that the news of a crown prince would spread anyway? Especially to the King's best friend and Warden of the North.

Cersei's story was as honest as her praying for Bran's recovery.

Tyrion: “Making honest feelings do dishonest work is one of Cersei's many gifts”

Yeah, this is probably it. She is just shoveling shit as she is assessing Bran to gauge whether he will ever recover or come to because he saw her and Jaime. Funny, if no one sent that lickspittle to kill Bran, how much destruction could have been avoided.

Update: I take back all my claims.

I just re-watched S01E05 in which, Cersei was chatting with Robert. She mentions the loss of "their" first child to him and asked if there was ever a chance for their marriage. He says no.

• 10 months later...

More than a theory I think that it is all written..., is all written; people just dislike the idea of Gendry been king and not Jon Snow. Jon Snow is more worried about the white walkers menace than the iron throne...

On 31.07.2015 at 11:16 PM, TepidHands said:

I dunno, it's as valid a theory as the continuity-be-damned story of a woman who as a child was told by a witch that she'd have three children later have four. 

And you actually believed Cersei's story about that black-haired son? lol she was spewing BS

On 7/31/2015 at 0:21 PM, Grayce Hornwood said:

Ew.

Also, I doubt Gendry is that important to the storyline. He's been rowing a boat for the past two seasons, so it's highly unlikely he'll suddenly reappear and become king and marry his (supposed) mom.........

I wouldn't put it against D&D to do something like that actually. I mean, they are running out of people to kill and characters to feature in their show. They gotta do something or people are going to lose interest. 

Archived