The Identities of the Rat, the Hawk, and the Pig: Implications for Dunk

All-Seeing Aye

I like the idea of The Rat, The Hawk, and The Pig being Dunk's buddies from Flea Bottom. Here are a few interesting tidbits that allude to this possibility:

- Flea Bottom has a lot of rats, or rather the people of FB are.  Throughout the Princess and the Queen and the Rogue Prince the lords and such often mention the "rat holes" amd "rats" referring to the he people there.  Also, one of the ingredients to a Bowl of Brown is often rat. Dunk mentions this when he says he was fetching rats, pigeons and what not for a cook there.

- Dunk also mentions that Ser Arlan found him "chasing pigs" in FB

** unfortunately I don't see anything that has to do with Hawks, flying, wings/Flea Bottom/, or Dunk himself so tough to make a connection to all three, but....

- Ser Clayton Suggs. This is a man who is a hedge knight and from Flea Bottom. He apparently is also a man who has a thing with torture and young women (according to Justin Massey when he is talking to Asha about him). Now, the Rat Hawk and Pig caused Aelora to commit suicide due to their nefarious deeds the inflicted on to her, she was a young woman. Lastly, Suggs' similar is a Winged Pig. 

** in conclusion, Clayton Suggs is a hedge knight (Dunk) from Flea Bottom (Dunk and Rats) with a sigil of a Winged (Hawk) Pig (Pig) who is a cruel man with an appetite for young women (Aelora). 

Could be ridiculous and that I'm stretching hard on this, but I find the Clayton Suggs parallel intriguing. Thoughts?

I also do believe that the Rat, Hawk, and Pig who were involved in Aelora's death can just as well be the same that led a rebellion in 251 AC.  If they are Dunk's old friends from Flea Bottom, they are of similar ages, giver or take a couple years.  If Barristan Selmy can still fight like he does at the age of 64 or 65, then so could those fellas.   

Archived