What if Robert set aside Cersei?

purple-eyes

Honestly, I was just quoting Stannis. The intention is the same.

Not really. First of all we have no idea if Lyanna went willingly, but even if she did she didn't sleep with Rhaegar for ambition. The Starks certainly did not encourage it.

The Tyrells seem to be sending their 14 year girl to entice the, frankly, fat unattractive King in a bid to gain more influence. I don't see anything wrong with this, fairly common concept, but it is more akin to prostitution than Lyanna's involvement with the Prince.

How do you know Lyanna did not sleep with Rhaegar for ambition? How do you know Rhaegar did not promise her to install her as wife and she will be the sole queen of 7K because Elia is weak and frail and going to die soon (I think this is likely the truth otherwise why Lyanna wanted to elope and hide and ruin her life, reputation and family honor and more interesting, remain silent for two years even on the deaths of her family?) How do you know he did not promise her to set their child Jon Snow as heir since he is promised prince and song of ice and fire stuff? how do you know Lyanna's death promises did not include: Ned, promise me when he was of age, tell him he is the heir of rhaegar and help him to get his throne? (and this is the promise Ned broke)

By the way, it is a whore to sleep with a fat unattractive king but it is not a whore to sleep with a beautiful prince?

double standard here. 

How do you know Lyanna did not sleep with Rhaegar for ambition?

I don't.

That is a possibility, as is the possibility that she was abducted and had no choice in the matter as is the chance that she did so out of love.

All things being equal there is a 33% chance that she did it for ambition. The Tyrells plan to have Margaery seduce the King was 100% ambition.

How do you know Rhaegar did not promise her to install her as wife and she will be the sole queen of 7K because Elia is weak and frail and going to die soon (I think this is likely the truth otherwise why Lyanna wanted to elope and hide and ruin her life, reputation and family honor and more interesting, remain silent for two years even on the deaths of her family?)

I don't. It might be possible but there is ZERO evidence in the books for this. I tend to back my assumptions on what we have been told in the books.

How do you know he did not promise her to set their child Jon Snow as heir since he is promised prince and song of ice and fire stuff?

Again, may have happened. But there is zero evidence it has.

By the way, it is a whore to sleep with a fat unattractive king but it is not a whore to sleep with a beautiful prince?

No, it is a whore who sells herself (or in Margaerys case her family) for gains. We know that was the plan from the Tyrells/Renly. There is no evidence that Lyanna did this.

double standard here. 

Hardly. I am making a judgement on stuff we have been told about in the books. You just made up a lot of accusations with there being no evidence in the books for them.

I don't.

That is a possibility, as is the possibility that she was abducted and had no choice in the matter as is the chance that she did so out of love.

All things being equal there is a 33% chance that she did it for ambition. The Tyrells plan to have Margaery seduce the King was 100% ambition.

I don't. It might be possible but there is ZERO evidence in the books for this. I tend to back my assumptions on what we have been told in the books.

Again, may have happened. But there is zero evidence it has.

No, it is a whore who sells herself (or in Margaerys case her family) for gains. We know that was the plan from the Tyrells/Renly. There is no evidence that Lyanna did this.

Hardly. I am making a judgement on stuff we have been told about in the books. You just made up a lot of accusations with there being no evidence in the books for them.

it is you made a lot of assumption. 

Tyrell tried to sell their daughter, but how do you know Margarey wanted to do everything willingly for ambition?

They may force her to do this or margarey may feel Robert is famous and attractive so she wanted to approach him like Lyanna. 

After all sansa genuinely wanted to marry Willas without knowing his look but knowing he is crippled. Robert is fat but he used to be brave and popular, by your logic, nobody should be interested in him just because being fat?

You know nothing about her attitude towards Robert stuff and how can you call her a whore and think Lyanna is superior over her?

You already had something in mind that Margarey is selling herself to robert as a whore but sorry, there is no evidence for that either. 

in fact, since the book implied (you seems to agree with this) that Lyanna willingly ran away with a married man with two very young children at home, it is much more reasonable to call Lyanna a whore than Margarey who in fact did not do anything towards Robert yet. I hope you do not judge people in the reality like this. 

Tyrell tried to sell their daughter, but how do you know Margarey wanted to do everything willingly for ambition?

I didnt, as I said before, I was just quoting Stannis. Her family intended to 'whore' her out to the King.

They may force her to do this or margarey may feel Robert is famous and attractive so she wanted to approach him like Lyanna. 

If that is ever revealed I will go back to the post and edit it. Happy?

Until then I will continue to base my assumptions on what we have been told.

After all sansa genuinely wanted to marry Willas without knowing his look but knowing he is crippled. Robert is fat but he used to be brave and popular, by your logic, nobody should be interested in him just because being fat?

No. Where did I say that it was just because he was fat? You really have an issue with not reading other peoples posts.

14 year old Margaery had never met the fat, unattractive King. Now that we have met her she makes no mention of being attracted to him and the fact that she has married three kings in the space of the year shows that it is mainly about ambition for her and her family.

Please show some evidence to back up this claim that Margaery was actually attracted to Robert.

You know nothing about her attitude towards Robert stuff and how can you call her a whore and think Lyanna is superior over her?

Where did I say Lyanna was superior to her? Read other peoples posts rather than respond to what you think they have said.

You already had something in mind that Margarey is selling herself to robert as a whore but sorry, there is no evidence for that either. 

Yes there is. Stannis implies it, Renly confirms it and her marriage to not one but THREE KINGS shows she marries for ambition.

Unless you think she is a paedophile and married Tommen because has a thing for plump eight year olds?

in fact, since the book implied (you seems to agree with this)

I didn't. Learn to read. I said it was a possibility

that Lyanna willingly ran away with a married man with two very young children at home, it is much more reasonable to call Lyanna a whore than Margarey

It is actually not as there is no suggestion of Quid pro quo

in fact, since the book implied (you seems to agree with this) that Lyanna willingly ran away with a married man with two very young children at home, it is much more reasonable to call Lyanna a whore than Margarey who in fact did not do anything towards Robert yet. I hope you do not judge people in the reality like this. 

How did this thread become about Lyanna? I thought it was about Robert and Margaery?

we are still talking about robert and Margarey. 

but lyanna and robert is kind of inseparable. And marg is called to resemble her. 

But discussions as to whether Lyanna was a whore or not are off-topic. No matter what she was, by this time in the story Lyanna's dead and gone. 

house tyrell would never allow Margarey become mistress. she had to become queen.

Being a mistress is an important title. Being a King's favourite can also be beneficial for your family if you play right your cards. Imagine if Margaery gets pregnant with a child that looks like a Baratheon: Robert would be delighted as he's already disappointed of Joffrey. And then the rumours of incest would sound louder.

After that, it would be easier to get rid of Cersei, tbh. Considering everybody hates Tywin Lannister, Westeros would unite against him. He's not an idiot to try to fight all Westeros.

Being a mistress is an important title. Being a King's favourite can also be beneficial for your family if you play right your cards. Imagine if Margaery gets pregnant with a child that looks like a Baratheon: Robert would be delighted as he's already disappointed of Joffrey. And then the rumours of incest would sound louder.

After that, it would be easier to get rid of Cersei, tbh. Considering everybody hates Tywin Lannister, Westeros would unite against him. He's not an idiot to try to fight all Westeros.

That child will be a bastard just like Edric and Gendry. 

Margarey needs to become his wife. 

Bastards can be legitimised by Kings. If Robert had wanted to, he can always legitimize a child of him by Margaery, specially after Cersei and her children are gone.

to legitimize a royal bastard is a incredibly big thing for a country. even Aegon IV dared to do it at his death bed. 

It is not something a king can do as he pleases.  

Unless he really fell in love with Marg there would be no reason for him to do that and risk pissing off Tywin, especially with how much gold he owed him and kept taking from him

Pissing off Tywin is exactly what I'd want to do if I was Robert.

If Tywin tries revolting, Randyll will shove a Highgarden Army up his ass. Debt cancelled.

Bastards can be legitimised by Kings. If Robert had wanted to, he can always legitimize a child of him by Margaery, specially after Cersei and her children are gone.

A very good point. 

If the child looks Baratheon, then Legitimizing it would be a good way for Robert to replace Joffery with an heir that's actually descended from him.

Robert just needs to avoid legitimizing his other bastards, and everything should work out well enough.

If Tywin tries revolting, Randyll will shove a Highgarden Army up his ass. Debt cancelled.

I am always wondering why king needs to be in debt with westerland and reach. 

Seven kingdoms are all property of king. He can just take whatever money he needs to take. If Tywin and highgarden refuse, they are traitors. 

Tywin was also constantly funding Robert though. And the only reason he was able to keep his head above the deep water with the Iron Bank

seriously, are you 14 years old?

Believe it or not there are about 500 other posts of his/hers that are worse that would make you say that as well. I won't go into detail and get myself banned over it though. But I do have him on my ignore which is something I almost never do lol

Archived