Right actor, wrong part?

Good Guy Garlan

Here's an unpopular opinion: I think NCW is a good actor, but I've never warmed up to him as Jaime, and I think part of the reason is his accent. Weirdly enough, I think the more he tries to hide it the more distracting it gets, whereas I barely register Dinklage's way more obvious accent now, as it has become such a natural part of his performance. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems NCW's accent is way more noticeable this season.

Anyway, I wonder if maybe he would've made a good Mance Ryder, and I would've liked someone like Hugh Dancy to play Jaime. 

Also, Sophie Turner has been giving me Val vibes all season. 

7 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

I would switch Kit Harrington with Richard Madden, I think Kit Harrington always comes across as kind of dumb and naive and would fit the role of Robb Stark perfectly, while Richard Madden would've had the range to make Jon Snow a much more compelling character. Other than that, casting is one of the strengths of the show, especially for the more villainous characters.

Ive always thought this as well - Richard Madden seemed to have more range. I also think Iwan Rheon would have made a great Jon.

Agree with the others that say Euron is wrong. His is simply to chubby. He is more huggable than terrifying.

I actually think Kit is doing a good job as Jon and does match the book Jon well. Other amazing performances make him look average.

If I would have changed anyone else it would be Dany, although I thinks she's pretty good.

Whoopi Goldberg as Queen Cersei

Gary Coleman as Tyrion

Justin Timberlake as Robb Stark

Lindsey Lohan as Shea (cause she's a whore)

John Goodman as Manderly

Jane Fonda as Olenna Tyrell

Justin Bieber as Jon Snow

Djimon Honsou as Stannis Baratheon

Orlando Bloom as Reek

Orlando Jones as Tywin Lannister

Melissa McCarthy as Ygritte

I should be a casting agent, I got this handled

I think Kit Harington is a fine Jon Snow.  I agree that he's not the strongest actor in the cast (although he's certainly not the weakest), but I also think most of the criticisms I've seen leveled against him have much more to do with the writing than his actual performance.

I think they just introduced the euron actor poorly. They should have followed through with how the book describes him. The show makes it seem like he just showed up by himself walked into the castle after having been exiled like he owns the place... If theyd have shown him rolling into a port with his cronies and being regarded with suspicious eyes, that would have been cool.

18 hours ago, The Lash said:

Whoopi Goldberg as Queen Cersei

Gary Coleman as Tyrion

Justin Timberlake as Robb Stark

Lindsey Lohan as Shea (cause she's a whore)

John Goodman as Manderly

Jane Fonda as Olenna Tyrell

Justin Bieber as Jon Snow

Djimon Honsou as Stannis Baratheon

Orlando Bloom as Reek

Orlando Jones as Tywin Lannister

Melissa McCarthy as Ygritte

I should be a casting agent, I got this handled

LMAO :D

On 6/3/2016 at 0:04 AM, kimim said:

Natalie Dormer and Emilia Clarke switch

OOOH THIS. Oh man I'd love to see what Dormer could do with the Dany role. Emilia would be boss at coming off as sweet and naive Marg, and I think Dormer would just be excellent with Dany's character arc. I love them both in their current roles but this switch would be absolute gold. 

On 6/6/2016 at 5:52 PM, Boudica said:

No, Harry Lloyd was great at Viserys, but he does not have the right look or feel for Jon. I don't necessarily mean physical attributions such as eye or hair colour it is more about his vibe and attitude that would not work. He always has a bit crazy vibe around him. He might also have been interesting as Ramsay. If played good character I could imagine him being more convincing as a type of a slightly kooky character. 

Kit has a more solemn/ sensitive/ serious vibe which lends itself well to playing perhaps more heroic characters realistically. Kit is doing a great job this season so far with the acting, and last season as well. 

Harry Lloyd as Ramsay would have been really interesting! And I agree that Kit definitely has the Jon vibe, certainly more than Harry. 

On 6/6/2016 at 7:57 PM, Maester Totoro said:

Only one switch: Ian McShane would've been a great Euron.

That dude sucks.

BookMance could have taken away some of the direness of the wildling situation, so I get why they made him way more serious and tired, but Ciaran Hinds, despite being a great actor, never seemed quite right for the role.

Not sure about McShane as Euron (not saying no, just not sure), but I think he definitely should have had a bigger/more long term role. Hmmmmm....

On 6/19/2016 at 2:30 AM, Frejac said:

I think Kit Harington is a fine Jon Snow.  I agree that he's not the strongest actor in the cast (although he's certainly not the weakest), but I also think most of the criticisms I've seen leveled against him have much more to do with the writing than his actual performance.

This. Pretty much. 

Archived