[Book Spoilers] Jaime & Brienne- What's going on?

Meera of Tarth

34 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Well let's hope that if she is in WF it's just for a short period of time unless Jaime goes there. 

Yeah, I'm pretty confident Brienne won't be in Winterfell long.  She's a person of action, most of the time we've seen her she's on the move.  She sat and waited for the candle for a couple of episodes, but other than that...on the move.  She's a travelling knight.

I don't think they could send LF because he is no friends with Jon; in fact I don't know how Jon let's him stay there given that he married her with Ramsay (lthough "he didn't know").

Littlefinger is a possibility to go to King's Landing b/c he does have some influence, presumably and is smart (in certain ways), and might be able to convince Cersei to do things that Brienne could not convince Cersei of (especially since there was fairly open hostilitiy between Brienne and Cersei at Joffrey's wedding).

Regarding why Littlefinger is allowed to stay at Winterfell:  This is a really sensitive subject, BUT...  I'm no defender of Littlefinger (I believe he has caused more chaos and harm than anyone else in the entire series), but I do not believe Littlefinger had any clue what a monster Ramsay was.  Littlefinger blundered, plain and simple, but so did Sansa.  She agreed to marry Ramsay.  Period.  Sansa agreed to it.  On the way to Winterfell, in the carriage, there is a conversation between Sansa and Littlefinger when they openly discuss the plan for Sansa to marry Ramsay, and it's true LF pressures her to agree (with "logic" and "reason," not coercement), but he ALSO tells her that ultimately it's up to her and if she tells him to turn the carriage around he WILL, but Sansa declines, and they continue to Winterfell.    She also agrees when she says "I do" (or whatever) at the wedding.  No one forced Sansa to marry Ramsay, and I honestly believe LF had no idea what the situation was, for a few different reasons, not least of which is that I don't believe LF would purposely, knowingly, subject Cat's daughter to that.

I don't like Brienne as an emissary but the reason you point out is very interesting.

Sansa and Jon have already used Brienne as emissary, when they sent her and Pod to Riverrun.   I'm guessing they'll do it again, especially since, as I've said, "if not her, then who???"   Jon and Sansa don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to picking people to send to Winterfell to treat with Cersei.

Sure, Tormund+Jaime+Brienne would be really cool because it would be similar to Hyle+JB and thus create some explosive romantic tension between JB. But ultimately, Tormund would have to leave....

Awwww!!!  Poor Tormund is gonna be heartbroken if that happens!!!

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Yeah, I'm pretty confident Brienne won't be in Winterfell long.  She's a person of action, most of the time we've seen her she's on the move.  She sat and waited for the candle for a couple of episodes, but other than that...on the move.  She's a travelling knight.

Littlefinger is a possibility to go to King's Landing b/c he does have some influence, presumably and is smart (in certain ways), and might be able to convince Cersei to do things that Brienne could not convince Cersei of (especially since there was fairly open hostilitiy between Brienne and Cersei at Joffrey's wedding).

Regarding why Littlefinger is allowed to stay at Winterfell:  This is a really sensitive subject, BUT...  I'm no defender of Littlefinger (I believe he has caused more chaos and harm than anyone else in the entire series), but I do not believe Littlefinger had any clue what a monster Ramsay was.  Littlefinger blundered, plain and simple, but so did Sansa.  She agreed to marry Ramsay.  Period.  Sansa agreed to it.  On the way to Winterfell, in the carriage, there is a conversation between Sansa and Littlefinger when they openly discuss the plan for Sansa to marry Ramsay, and it's true LF pressures her to agree (with "logic" and "reason," not coercement), but he ALSO tells her that ultimately it's up to her and if she tells him to turn the carriage around he WILL, but Sansa declines, and they continue to Winterfell.    She also agrees when she says "I do" (or whatever) at the wedding.  No one forced Sansa to marry Ramsay, and I honestly believe LF had no idea what the situation was, for a few different reasons, not least of which is that I don't believe LF would purposely, knowingly, subject Cat's daughter to that.

Sansa and Jon have already used Brienne as emissary, when they sent her and Pod to Riverrun.   I'm guessing they'll do it again, especially since, as I've said, "if not her, then who???"   Jon and Sansa don't have a whole lot of options when it comes to picking people to send to Winterfell to treat with Cersei.

I also think LF didn't know about Ramsay or more like.....we aare supposed to believe "he didn't know". And I'm not defending him either. I just think that is so badly written that it seems impossible that he didn't know considering how smart used to be written as a villain (like Lex Luthor) when the show was more like an adaptation.

Awwww!!!  Poor Tormund is gonna be heartbroken if that happens!!!

Maybe he finds another one;)

31 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I also think LF didn't know about Ramsay or more like.....we aare supposed to believe "he didn't know". And I'm not defending him either. I just think that is so badly written that it seems impossible that he didn't know considering how smart used to be written as a villain (like Lex Luthor) when the show was more like an adaptation.

Maybe he finds another one;)

I hear you about it being surprising that LF didn't know about Ramsay...but I can say the same thing about Sansa.   She grew up in the north, and House Bolton's sigil is a flayed freaking man, for goodness' sake!  Granted, Ramsay himself was not so well known (cuz he was an illegitimate child), but how is it possible that people born in the north don't know that the "DREADFORT" is not a nice place???  And that people who live there might not be very nice either???

Regarding Tormund: Sigh.  That's a romantic notion, I suppose, that he might find "another one," but I've got a feelilng Brienne is Tormund's true love, and I hope one day I will be able to convince you of that.

1 minute ago, Cron said:

I hear you about it being surprising that LF didn't know about Ramsay...but I can say the same thing about Sansa.   She grew up in the north, and House Bolton's sigil is a flayed freaking man, for goodness' sake!  Granted, Ramsay himself was not so well known (cuz he was an illegitimate child), but how is it possible that people born in the north don't know that the "DREADFORT" is not a nice place???  And that people who live there might not be very nice either???

I also think that Sansa should have said "No", but she is not supposed to be as machiavellian as LF. And also, she trusted him bc he had saved her from the Wedding issue. The writing problem is more on LF's side.

Regarding Tormund: Sigh.  That's a romantic notion, I suppose, that he might find "another one," but I've got a feelilng Brienne is Tormund's true love, and I hope one day I will be able to convince you of that.

Non, you can't convince me of that but...I'd like to know why do you think he is her true love considering the scenes they shared and no story like JB.

On 8/10/2016 at 9:53 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Nikolaj Coster Waldaw has shared a pic of Gwen in his twitter account: https://twitter.com/nikolajcw?lang=ca

https://www.instagram.com/nikolajwilliamcw/

It could only be they are on the same area, but I think it's reasonable to speculate they might be currently filming some scenes together!

:wub:   *crossingfingers*

I don't know what will happen to J/B in the books, 'cause I'm not sure. But, after having re-thought of all the seasons, I am more and more convinced that we'll see them together in the show. At least for some scenes.

7 hours ago, Cron said:

Yeah, I'm pretty confident Brienne won't be in Winterfell long.  She's a person of action, most of the time we've seen her she's on the move.  She sat and waited for the candle for a couple of episodes, but other than that...on the move.  She's a travelling knight

:agree:

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I also think that Sansa should have said "No", but she is not supposed to be as machiavellian as LF. And also, she trusted him bc he had saved her from the Wedding issue. The writing problem is more on LF's side.

Well, don't get me wrong, I absolutely DO feel sorry for Sansa b/c of what happened to her.  In fact, as I've mentioned (maybe in this thread or elsewhere, I dunno), the shoehorning of Sansa into Jeyne Poole's storyline is by far the single biggest change from the books to the show that I dislike the most.  I was appalled when it became apparent what was happening.

Having said that, though, the way it was written, she and Littlefinger badly miscalculated together.  I suppose I could be convinced it's more LF"s fault than Sansa's, but...she agreed to it.  And why did she agree to it?  Far as I know, she did it cuz she wanted power, and was too impatient to wait until she could do in a much safer and more reasonable way than marrying some guy she doesn't even know, whose father helped kill her brother and mother, whose banner is a flayed man and who lives in a "Dreadfort."

And these are just the things we know she knew (or 99.99% probably knew).   This is not counting anything she might have hard growing up in the north! 

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Non, you can't convince me of that but...I'd like to know why do you think he is her true love considering the scenes they shared and no story like JB.

Well, oui, I agree that I don't have proof yet that he's her true love.   But that's what I see developing.   Maybe I'm wrong...you know I strongly believe Jaime is gonna die and Tormund is gonna be Brienne's "rebound guy," but maybe I'm wrong about Jaime dying.  Could be...

8 hours ago, Cridefea said:

:wub:   *crossingfingers*

I don't know what will happen to J/B in the books, 'cause I'm not sure. But, after having re-thought of all the seasons, I am more and more convinced that we'll see them together in the show. At least for some scenes.

:agree:

Thanks!

By the way, what is your avatar?  It's interesting...kind of soothing to look at.

9 hours ago, Cron said:

Thanks!

By the way, what is your avatar?  It's interesting...kind of soothing to look at.

4 hours ago, Cridefea said:

It's the spiral pattern WW made at the Fist. 

For some reason I thought it was a school of fish swimming :) 

4 hours ago, Cridefea said:

It's the spiral pattern WW made at the Fist. 

Oh, awesome!!

And I said it was soothing!!

HARRR!!!!!

(All the blue made it soothing.  Blue is a very soothing color, so I like looking at your avatar.)

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

For some reason I thought it was a school of fish swimming :) 

LoL it's a bit more gruesome than fish swimming, instead.

18 hours ago, Cron said:

Oh, awesome!!

And I said it was soothing!!

HARRR!!!!!

(All the blue made it soothing.  Blue is a very soothing color, so I like looking at your avatar.)

ahahah thank you! 

9 hours ago, Cridefea said:

LoL it's a bit more gruesome than fish swimming, instead.

Yes, I looked at this: https://videohive.net/item/school-of-fish/11295226

the pattern is very similar, although, as you mention it's different when you actually look at both of them together.

It's cool when you realise that it might have a deeper meaning regarding the magic of the WWs. I looked at the thread. I wonder what ir may be.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I looked at this: https://videohive.net/item/school-of-fish/11295226

the pattern is very similar, although, as you mention it's different when you actually look at both of them together.

It's cool when you realise that it might have a deeper meaning regarding the magic of the WWs. I looked at the thread. I wonder what ir may be.

Yeah, they added this universal symbolism in the show. I don't know what they wanted to say. Maybe it's just to add something mystical about WW origin.

Archived