Karstark, Umber and Dreadfort

So what do you think Karstark did in the end of the battle, as we now before men from Vale he did not participate in the heat of the battle, he was located with the rear forces. Is it possible that he surrounded or did he fight til the end? Even if he was a bad man I'm still tired of the fact that old legendary houses goes to extinct in the show. I hope Umber also has some Lord alive.

What about Dreadfort, who is the castellan and how many men do he have? Will he fight and keep the castle or yield? Who will get Dreadfort will they show it or will it be left as a plothole.

Discuss :)

Umber got what was coming to them, Small Jon was a fool to think for a minute that Jon Snow would ruthlessly lead an army into his lands and take them by force. Then he knowing gives up a little boy to someone he knows is crazy and allies with him. From what we know he was the last of the Umber line and it would not shock me to see the Starks send someone there.

Karhold is another story, I think Lord Karstark must have escaped but his days are certainly numbered even if he did. He probably lost most of his men and will be branded as a traitor by all the other northern houses.

And finally the Dreadfort, the Bolton's took most of the army with them and only left enough men to guard the city. So doing rough estimates here. The army of the north had 10k soldiers, the Bolton Warden of the North army had 5k soldiers which were pretty much reduced to 0. So making an educated guess I would probably say there are 200 or less men guarding the Dreadfort. 

I think the Starks will most likely send them the choice to surrender or die and give the lands to the Wildlings.

Karstark ran, the fact that he wasn't fighting tells a lot. He'll try and negotiate terms of surrender although if Sansa and Jon pardon the House, Lord Karstark has to die. House Umber has to fall, they're responsible for Rickon's death. That can't be forgiven. They have to lose everything.The Dredfort Castellan doesn't go down fighting, why would he? When representatives of House Stark show up he let's them in, it's his only move. As for who gets it. I say shrink it's lands and give it to Davos.

8 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

Karstark ran, the fact that he wasn't fighting tells a lot. He'll try and negotiate terms of surrender although if Sansa and Jon pardon the House, Lord Karstark has to die. House Umber has to fall, they're responsible for Rickon's death. That can't be forgiven. They have to lose everything.The Dredfort Castellan doesn't go down fighting, why would he? When representatives of House Stark show up he let's them in, it's his only move. As for who gets it. I say shrink it's lands and give it to Davos.

House Umber have been around for thousands of years. One traitor do not been that the house need to be extinct. If there is other members left it deserves to live on. I think it would be ridiculous even on the show standards if three houses would go extinct in the show for fighting against Starks.  Starks have numbers of times pardoned rebels before. They are not acting like Tywin Lannister.

3 hours ago, King Gendry Baratheon said:

House Umber have been around for thousands of years. One traitor do not been that the house need to be extinct. If there is other members left it deserves to live on. I think it would be ridiculous even on the show standards if three houses would go extinct in the show for fighting against Starks.  Starks have numbers of times pardoned rebels before. They are not acting like Tywin Lannister.

Being stripped of lands and titles isn't unheard of for rebelling against your Leige Lord. Actively causing the death of Rickon deserves harsh punishment.  Saying well they've been here forever, isn't an excuse to just keep them around. That's insane. The Boltons are extinct, that had to happen. Stripping the Umbers of lands and Titles may be harsh but it would send a clear message to everyone in Westeros not to test House Stark, which in my opinion is what they need right now. You don't have to go Rains of Castamere and kill everyone but banishing them is reasonable. And the Karstarks I said could be forgiven (they had a legit excuse to be pissed off) but Lord Karstark has to die. I'm advocating one death, Lord Karstark. The Boltons are extinct, the Karstarks forgiven, The Umbers banished, a far cry from what you're implying I said do.

i know that Lord Karstark was never seen in battle like SmallJon was, but at the end of the battle when Jon was chasing after Ramsay, Lord Karstark was no where to be seen.  Wouldn't he have retreated back into Winterfell with Ramsay?  I feel that although they did not show it, Lord Karstark did indeed charge into battle and may or may not have been killed there.  

We might see Karstark's fate in the next episode. Regardless the Last Hearth, Dreadfort and Karhold all would seem to be on the table to reward those who helped out. Actually what I'm interested in is if any of the Stark household that was taken to the Dreadfort survived.

Archived