Religious Conflict? Dany's Struggle

Iron Mother

If Thoros or Melisandre start preaching for Dany when she is coming/arrives..... that could be the worst thing/obstacle for her being accepted in Westeros.

Will she confront them like "I speak for NO god" or use it to her seeming advantage?  Tyrion would advise against it.

I believe the Sept Sloths and Sparrows will be annihilated in the next episode somehow.  But if they survive, they will be against her too.  I think most of the people in Westeros would be terrified and filled with hate toward her for it.

What kind of religious conflict will arise with the coming of Daenerys' host as they approach and try to settle in Westeros?

On the side: WHERE are the thousands of Unsullied???  Mereen was defended on the ground by Dhario with the Khallasar but there were like 10 Unsullied with Dany and Tyrion..... where are the rest anymore?  This ties in because Westeros sees Unsullied as SLAVES and will they respond well to a tyrant bearing slaves as her fighting force?  Westeros is not used to a host of eunuch warriors speaking a foreign tongue and killing in the name of basically a fire goddess with dragons who demands to be put on the throne based solely on her last name (in their viewpoint).  Do they even want MORE Targaryen drama ruling over them?  Currently, they have a ruling power that is like a Daytime Soap.... meaning, it isn't really harming them, just distracting.  That, opposed to a whole regime change brought by unparalleled violence and upheaval.

That could prove a problem in the ranks of her own army, let alone when she arrives to Westros.  Followers of the Drown God just joined her ranks of course.  Add that to followers of the Horse God (Dothraki), Lady of Spears (Unsullied), Lord of Light and others, and Daenerys does not have to venture far to experience religious differences and the potential violent disputes they occassion.  This will probably prove most acute once her army is on the high seas.

Her army consists of slave soldiers, Dothraki barbarians and iron born. The former two being foreigners and the latter two being renown for their raping, pillaging and murdering. I don't think she's going to be popular no matter what the priests say or don't say.

5 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Her army consists of slave soldiers, Dothraki barbarians and iron born. The former two being foreigners and the latter two being renown for their raping, pillaging and murdering. I don't think she's going to be popular no matter what the priests say or don't say.

well it's a good thing she has women on her side then, they might be more ..... discerning?  Slaves set free, barbarians who are  no longer a hoarde and reformed iron borne renounced to reaving.

Archived