Jamie is the Younger Brother

BloodRider

8 hours ago, YOVMO said:

My problem with this is that it assumes that Cersei hold's Jamie dear. 

now we know Jamie hold's Cersei dear. But during Jamie's "escape" from riverrun I think he has the perfect comment about their relationship. He says, after chopping off his hair, "I don't look so much like Cersei now. She will hate that"

cersei is a classic narcissist. She loves her beauty. She loves power and she loves her children (though part of that is as an extension of herself)

someone younger and more beautiful to take all that she holds dear always made more sense to me as Margary (even though it is a little on the nose).

You're right, but I think Jaime plays a lot into this narcissism : he is the only person who's loved her (worshipped her, some would say) all her life ; he's feeding into her idea that she is sun around which the sun revolves. When she's at her lowest (WoS), she still believes Jaime will come save her, and she reassures herself by thinking " Jaime always said I was beautiful, he wouldn't lie to me".

True, what Cersei desires is power and the admiration of others, and Jaime has always been the tool to achieve it (other than her good looks and birth), and soon he'll be all that she has left. She's in denial he abandoned her (despite Kevan telling her so), but soon she'll have to face the truth.

With all that being said, Marg is definitely possible (in the self-fulfilling kind of way) ; hell, it might even be a combination (or successive waves) of Marg, Sansa, Arianne, Dany, Brienne, etc..

On 29.6.2016 at 11:27 PM, YOVMO said:

My problem with this is that it assumes that Cersei hold's Jamie dear. 

now we know Jamie hold's Cersei dear. But during Jamie's "escape" from riverrun I think he has the perfect comment about their relationship. He says, after chopping off his hair, "I don't look so much like Cersei now. She will hate that"

cersei is a classic narcissist. She loves her beauty. She loves power and she loves her children (though part of that is as an extension of herself)

someone younger and more beautiful to take all that she holds dear always made more sense to me as Margary (even though it is a little on the nose).

Though it is obvious somehow (but since Cersei is soooo very paranoid about Tyrion - he would be even more obvious) I want Jaime to be the Valonqar.

I believe Cersei doesn't truly love Jaime as he does love her (romantically) in any way .... I don't think Cersei is capable of actually LOVING anyone in a classical way -  for her it is always about possession rather than love. In ASOS and AFFC she starts despising Jaime because of his stump, the way he looks older and less perfect and because he interferes & objects her ideas & plans all the time - therefore she sends him away to the Riverlands.

However, should someone else take him away from her (even someone like Brienne who is absolutely no match for Cersei's beauty) - she would still be mad, because in her weird perception, he belongs to her and her alone. She wants to possess him and not share ;o)

The "Brienne the Beauty" phrase was used more often in AFFC and ADWD (I seem to recall) - and maybe that's because Brienne is indeed the younger and more beautiful (inner beauty) someone that will take away all Cersei holds dear...after all: when she loses her power (though not to Margaery) and her three children, Jaime is all she has left...

But maybe Brienne has already "taken Jaime away" from Cersei - as he is much changed after their journey and their shared ordeal and he later follows her (willingly) after their meeting in Pennytree - and so he might not even return to Kings Landing to witness Cersei's downfall and eventual death himself.... and in the end the "Valonqar" is just Arya or some other younger sibling....

On July 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM, LulaMae Barnes said:

But maybe Brienne has already "taken Jaime away" from Cersei - as he is much changed after their journey and their shared ordeal and he later follows her (willingly) after their meeting in Pennytree - and so he might not even return to Kings Landing to witness Cersei's downfall and eventual death himself.... and in the end the "Valonqar" is just Arya or some other younger sibling....

I like this idea. However, saying that Brienne has taken Jamie away from Cersei gives a lot more credit to Brienne for Jamie's character arc than I think it right.

Jamie certainly has changed due to his experiences with Brienne but a lot of that comes from within...as least as much as it is owing to Cerisi's influence.

Archived