2 Crows and 2 Queens; Parallells *minor spoilers*

OberynBlackfyre

Soo I think this could definitely be an interesting set up for what is to come: Keep in mind this is with the belief that the foreshadowing in the books and the tentative CANONICAL timeline of the show.  That is NOT saying what happened in the show is bible, but I think we can definitely infer some of the broad strokes of what will happen.....ok, so here we go- 

Cersei may fight Euron at first because she wants all the power for HERSELF. However when Jon sees how bad it's getting in the North with the White Walkers and Winter, he will probably hear about Daenerys and her dragons and see that as a potential saving grace. 

So I think that will make him bring his forces or whatever is left to the South so that way he and Dany can vanquish the people who are just greedy and want power, so that way they can focus on the REAL war. When Jon comes into the fray, I think Cersei will become desperate. She will probably see Euron as her only saving grace (even though they will ally together, they probably will both make plans to double cross each other). Euron and Cersei will probably marry (and this is where I think Jaime will be DONE with Cersei)

2 minutes ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

Daenerys and her dragons and see that as a potential saving grace

Why? Are you sure that the dragons will have any effect on the Others?

Also I disagree. GRRM has already spoken about a second Dance. Dany needs to fight and kill FAegon.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Also I disagree. GRRM has already spoken about a second Dance. Dany needs to fight and kill FAegon.

Oh definitely, but I think Faegon will either die relatively quickly, or become subject to Dany.  I mean I was REALLY pulling for Aegon, but given current events I just don't see him having that much more of an impact other than bringing the Blackfyres possibly back into the fold.  

And I mean, why WOULDN'T the dragons have an effect on the White Walkers? Look at the story of the Ice Dragon. 

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

oh and also there can still easily be a Dance of Dragons- esp if Euron ends up stealing one from Dany

6 minutes ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

Oh definitely, but I think Faegon will either die relatively quickly, or become subject to Dany.  I mean I was REALLY pulling for Aegon, but given current events I just don't see him having that much more of an impact other than bringing the Blackfyres possibly back into the fold.  

I can, I believe that he is one of the reasons the Westerosi will start hating Dany.

6 minutes ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

And I mean, why WOULDN'T the dragons have an effect on the White Walkers? Look at the story of the Ice Dragon. 

Because there were ancient dragons and yet they were never mentioned as a weapon against the Others, because there is nothing to say that the fire can harm the Others, because we have seen dragons being killed, because we have seen that huge, trained and powerful have trouble during small normal storm hence LN2.0 for them would be like killing them, because it would had been too easy and too simple and because Dany's dragons are baby, tiny and not trained.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I can, I believe that he is one of the reasons the Westerosi will start hating Dany.

Because there were ancient dragons and yet they were never mentioned as a weapon against the Others, because there is nothing to say that the fire can harm the Others, because we have seen dragons being killed, because we have seen that huge, trained and powerful have trouble during small normal storm hence LN2.0 for them would be like killing them, because it would had been too easy and too simple and because Dany's dragons are baby, tiny and not trained.

well exactly, the Valyrians never CAME to Westeros, probably for the reason of Wargs and possible due to the Others.  

And of course there are no accounts of dragons being used against Others, because there are hardly accounts of Others!! Everything we know of them is uber steeped in legend. 

But we know that-

-Dragonsteel (Valyrian steel) can be used to kill them

-Dragonglass (frozen fire) can and HAS been used to kill them

-Even Tormund says that fire can destroy them.

Given all of those things are elements of fire, and dragons are fire made flesh, there is WAY more foreshadowing that dragons will be VERY useful against the others.  Hell, the Ice Dragon is set within Westeros (or the world of Westeros) and it was made very clear that Ice Dragons are A) powered by the same magic that Others are B ) capable of being harmed by fire dragons C) are just more massive/powerful than the avg fire dragon.  

Anywho, the to the Faegon thing- trust me there was no one more than I that wanted Aegon Blackfyre to have a HUGE saving role.  A Henry Tudor of Westeros- however between Euron and his evil plans, and Cersei gaining control, I don't see him harming Daenerys' cause in any last way, especially when she has dragons. 

1 minute ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

well exactly, the Valyrians never CAME to Westeros, probably for the reason of Wargs and possible due to the Others.  

So what? We know that there wew ancient Westerosi dragons.

-Dragonsteel (Valyrian steel) can be used to kill them

We don't know that.

-Dragonglass (frozen fire) can and HAS been used to kill them

It's simple obsidian nothing to do with actual dragons.

-Even Tormund says that fire can destroy them.

He say that it keeps them away not destroy them.

3 minutes ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

Also, Daenerys' dragons are no longer babies, she can now ride them at will. 

That doesn't mean anything. Stormcloud was able to be ridden and yet he died by a human.

3 minutes ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

Anywho, the to the Faegon thing- trust me there was no one more than I that wanted Aegon Blackfyre to have a HUGE saving role.  A Henry Tudor of Westeros- however between Euron and his evil plans, and Cersei gaining control, I don't see him harming Daenerys' cause in any last way, especially when she has dragons. 

As I said, he doesn't have to play a role. His death can be a serious role. Just like Quentyn.

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So what? We know that there wew ancient Westerosi dragons.

We don't know that.

It's simple obsidian nothing to do with actual dragons.

He say that it keeps them away not destroy them.

That doesn't mean anything. Stormcloud was able to be ridden and yet he died by a human.

As I said, he doesn't have to play a role. His death can be a serious role. Just like Quentyn.

well even if his death is important, it still ultimately won't affect Daenerys when the great war happens.  

And we absolutely know that Valyrian steel kills White Walkers.  it was confirmed 

Also if fire DOESN'T harm them, why would it keep them at bay??

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You can use the "eye" like button.

gah thank you!! 

ok so also now that 

Spoiler

we have confirmation that Jon is indeed a Targayren, at least half. Of course he would want to help Dany and see a potential ally within her,

Just now, OberynBlackfyre said:

And we absolutely know that Valyrian steel kills White Walkers.  it was confirmed 

No it wasn't. Book canon =/= tv series canon. *cough*Sansa, Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, Quentyn and so on*cough*

1 minute ago, OberynBlackfyre said:

well even if his death is important, it still ultimately won't affect Daenerys when the great war happens.  

It will after a fashion, if she is hated.

Also if fire DOESN'T harm them, why would it keep them at bay??

Because they don't know what it is. We know that they bring the winter with them.

gah thank you!! 

ok so also now that 

Hide contents

we have confirmation that Jon is indeed a Targayren, at least half. Of course he would want to help Dany and see a potential ally within her,

Jon's parentage have nothing to do with who he will follow. His father is Ned and not a sperm donor. I can bet that he will not support someone who insults Ned and who is basically a kinslayer.

It's a fun conversation with so much show influence.    I think the dragons will be helpful in at least getting rid of those pesky hordes of wights at the very least.   Since dragon fire burns so hot, perhaps those buggers will just stay dead.   I wonder if we aren't all wrong about Dany's future contributions.    She grew up essentially alone with only her nutbag brother's stories to develop her identity.   She conquered and saved thousands.    I wonder if it isn't possible that she will look upon Aegon and maybe Jon with an orphan's heart who wants kin.  She may take Aegon under her wing and try to teach him.   They may end up great allies, or not, but it is possible. Surely someone will have to show Jon more than the tales of rape and kidnap about Rhaegar.    At some point Jon will have to come to terms with his Targness--who better to aid in that than Dany? 

Archived