Regarding Young Griff

AemonBlackfyre

Hey everyone!

This is my first forum post on this site so go easy, please, haha.

Anywho, regarding the (not so recent) release of the new Arianne preview chapter from Winds of Winter we can note that she has ventured into the Stormlands seeking Jon Connington and Aegon Targaryen (supposedly)  and seeks a possible alliance between house Martell and House Targaryen once more.

We can note that she doesn't yet know the unfortunate death of Quentyn Martell as of yet, nor does her father, Prince Doran.

We know that Prince Doran plays the game of thrones with caution, he's a strategist and therefor doesn't run into situations he has no knowledge of.

Arianne mentions this multiple times in the preview chapter, and we can look at past experiences why this is the case.

Now I wont get into the Dornish master plan, I'm sure we've all heard it before, but It will mix in with the future of Young Griff.

We know that Young Griff has a decent chunk of the stormlands at this point, and he's sieging Storms end, he has the entire golden company behind him with their elephants, and I believe that with the fall of storms end (and if he breaks Mace Tyrells army) most of the stormlords will kneel to him. 

Now hear me out.

The Stormlords have followed the Baratheons for three centuries, and house Durrandon, the Storm Kings, thousands of years before that. But the Stormlords don't always respect tradition and the ancient laws of westeros, we see that when most swear to Renly instead of Stannis, and I think we'll see that again with Young Griff, now after the defeat of Renly not ALL of the stormlords sided with Stannis, most remained neutral. Meaning the Stormlords still have a good reserve of troops. Of course we know that they feel on hard times during the war, we notice this with the capture Lady Mertyns.

So, let's say in the perfect world the storm lords who didn't side with stannis swear to Young Griff, which is very much possible, and say Dorne also sides with young griff as well.

We note in the preview chapter with Arianne that if young griff takes storms end, the realm would take them seriously, meaning people who don't like the Lannisters.. Will side with Young Griff, and she sent this to Prince Doran.

With this, and with the absence of Daenerys marrying or even speaking to Arianne's brother, Quentyn, it's likely that Doran will give up of Daenerys, consider the dragon rumors to be fake and side with Young Griff, this will ultimately, with the victory at storms end and the defeat of Mace Tyrells army, have the people who hate the lannister side with Young Griff.

And with the help of Varys a lot of lords will flock to the three headed dragon under young griff, and they could expect possible help from Pentos,Under Illyrio, as well, I believe it's estimated that Pentos may have 13,000 men maybe more that they could supply to the cause. Of course republics can be confusing.

Regarding the absence of Young Griff from the show,

I think this answer is simple. I believe they just gave his storyline to Daenerys.

It's too late to bring in Young Griff, and the producers know that, and it would be I guess "Confusing" to the novice show watchers a random new character appearing.

Anyways, that's my two cents, tell me what you think, and what I did wrong and what I can improve on! Remember this is my first forum post!

Best Regards, 

Aemon Blackfyre

I agree with you. Both regards to the likely path that Aegon's campaign will tke, and the fact that the show has given his storyline to Daenerys. The producers are currently trying to streamline all plotlines, and I expect they don't wish to introduce any major new characters right now.

Welcome!

I think chapter also sais Aegon captured SE and is about to fight Tyrell army.

I agree that Stormlords will join him (by will or force) and it just makes A LOT sense that Martells join him, after all Aegon is their blood and Daenerys is not, not to mention that Quentyn died in Meereen which wouldnt make Doran happy.

I also think feiends in Reach will join, to be more precise Rowans, Tarlys, Hightowers and maybe Redwynes.

I can see even Blackfish and other Riverlords joining him because Aegon is the only one that can give them RR back (but will Aegon accept them is another question).

There is only one gamechanger, Vale, and this should be really i teresting to see what is in LFs head.

About upcoming battle with Tyrells, Aegon faction seems pretty convinced they will win and how can they know it? Half of their amry defects in battle.

8 hours ago, AemonBlackfyre said:

Hey everyone!

This is my first forum post on this site so go easy, please, haha.Anywho, regarding the (not so recent) release of the new Arianne preview chapter from Winds of Winter we can note that

Spoiler

she has ventured into the Stormlands seeking Jon Connington and Aegon Targaryen (supposedly)  and seeks a possible alliance between house Martell and House Targaryen once more.

We can note that she doesn't yet know the unfortunate death of Quentyn Martell as of yet, nor does her father, Prince Doran.

We know that Prince Doran plays the game of thrones with caution, he's a strategist and therefor doesn't run into situations he has no knowledge of.

Spoiler

Arianne mentions this multiple times in the preview chapter, and we can look at past experiences why this is the case.

Now I wont get into the Dornish master plan, I'm sure we've all heard it before, but It will mix in with the future of Young Griff.

Spoiler

We know that Young Griff has a decent chunk of the stormlands at this point, and he's sieging Storms end, he has the entire golden company behind him with their elephants, and I believe that with the fall of storms end (and if he breaks Mace Tyrells army) most of the stormlords will kneel to him. 

Now hear me out.

The Stormlords have followed the Baratheons for three centuries, and house Durrandon, the Storm Kings, thousands of years before that. But the Stormlords don't always respect tradition and the ancient laws of westeros, we see that when most swear to Renly instead of Stannis, and I think we'll see that again with Young Griff, now after the defeat of Renly not ALL of the stormlords sided with Stannis, most remained neutral. Meaning the Stormlords still have a good reserve of troops.

Spoiler

Of course we know that they feel on hard times during the war, we notice this with the capture Lady Mertyns.

So, let's say in the perfect world the storm lords who didn't side with stannis swear to Young Griff, which is very much possible, and say Dorne also sides with young griff as well.

Spoiler

We note in the preview chapter with Arianne that if young griff takes storms end, the realm would take them seriously, meaning people who don't like the Lannisters.. Will side with Young Griff, and she sent this to Prince Doran.

With this, and with the absence of Daenerys marrying or even speaking to Arianne's brother, Quentyn, it's likely that Doran will give up of Daenerys, consider the dragon rumors to be fake and side with Young Griff, this will ultimately,

Spoiler

with the victory at storms end and the defeat of Mace Tyrells army,

have the people who hate the lannister side with Young Griff.

And with the help of Varys a lot of lords will flock to the three headed dragon under young griff, and they could expect possible help from Pentos,Under Illyrio, as well, I believe it's estimated that Pentos may have 13,000 men maybe more that they could supply to the cause. Of course republics can be confusing.

Regarding the absence of Young Griff from the show,

I think this answer is simple. I believe they just gave his storyline to Daenerys.

It's too late to bring in Young Griff, and the producers know that, and it would be I guess "Confusing" to the novice show watchers a random new character appearing.

Anyways, that's my two cents, tell me what you think, and what I did wrong and what I can improve on! Remember this is my first forum post!

Best Regards, 

Aemon Blackfyre

You need to hide content from Winds in spoiler tags until about six months after the publication of the forthcoming book. 

Archived