Queer Talking of Hungry Fires

YOVMO

In SOS when Saan is telling Davos about Stannis talking to no one but Mel and a bunch of odd things that are rumored to be happening on Dragonstone he says "Queer talking I have heard, of hungry fires within the mountain, and how Stannis and the red woman go down together to watch the flames. There are shafts, they say, and secret stairs down into the mountain's heart, into hot places where only she may walk unburned. It is enough and more to give an old man such terror that sometimes he can scarcely find the strength to eat."

Shafts within the mountains heart with immense heat coming from them is pretty much how the Valyrians found the 14 flames. So, a couple of questions

• Is it possible that Dragonstone has a 15th flame
  • If so, might it be a breeding ground for dragons (the stone dragon?) as this is how the shepherd valyrians found dragons in the first place
  • If so, would it have been active during the reign of the Valyrian Freehold
  • If so, why wasn't this discovered in the hundreds of years that Dragonstone was under Valyrian control?
  • Assuming that Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar = Melony Lot 7 = Melisandra = red star bleeding (which I take at this point to be as true as R+L=J) would it be the case that much of Mel's powers come from her Valyrian dragonlord roots rather than from being a Holy R'Holler
  • If so, what does this say about the possibility of Mel's possible ability to control a dragon?

• Assuming that Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar = Melony Lot 7 = Melisandra = red star bleeding (which I take at this point to be as true as R+L=J) would it be the case that much of Mel's powers come from her Valyrian dragonlord roots rather than from being a Holy R'Holler

First, love the term Holly R'Holler... Braavo!

but I don't know how you got her being the red star bleeding, also something that's always bothered me is that the prophesy seems to be plural stars in some cases and not others...

Melisandre was robed all in scarlet satin and blood velvet, her eyes as red as the great ruby that glistened at her throat as if it too were afire. "In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the starsbleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

"It is night in your Seven Kingdoms now," the red woman went on, "but soon the sun will rise again. The war continues, Davos Seaworth, and some will soon learn that even an ember in the ashes can still ignite a great blaze. The old maester looked at Stannis and saw only a man. You see a king. You are both wrong. He is the Lord's chosen, the warrior of fire. I have seen him leading the fight against the dark, I have seen it in the flames. The flames do not lie, else you would not be here. It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai reborn!" Her red eyes blazed like twin fires, and seemed to stare deep into his soul. "You do not believe me. You doubt the truth of R'hllor even now . . . yet have served him all the same, and will serve him again. I shall leave you here to think on all that I have told you. And because R'hllor is the source of all good, I shall leave the torch as well.

"Come with me," said Sam. "Maester Aemon's woken up and wants to hear about these dragons. He's talking about bleeding stars and white shadows and dreams and . . . if we could find out more about these dragons, it might help give him ease. Help me."

So I'm not convinced that the comet or one person will fulfill that part...

Of course the one obvious (to me) group of stars that may bleed would be the Sword and Stars... Who wear red stars...

but its up in the air, and since Dany has already raised dragons from stone, I don't know that we will be getting any more

3 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

First, love the term Holly R'Holler... Braavo!

but I don't know how you got her being the red star bleeding, also something that's always bothered me is that the prophesy seems to be plural stars in some cases and not others...

So I'm not convinced that the comet or one person will fulfill that part...

Of course the one obvious (to me) group of stars that may bleed would be the Sword and Stars... Who wear red stars...

but its up in the air, and since Dany has already raised dragons from stone, I don't know that we will be getting any more

Hey great job with the quotes. I can't respond in kind right now because I'm on my phone. That said, at the wall Mel has a vision of bloodraven and then starts spontaneously bleeding. This is right before she will presumably bring Jon back from the dead so he would be born under the red star bleeding.

the question of multiple stars is a good one. To be honest it is one thread I have as of yet still not followed. The sword and stars are a fair guess but way too one to one and, I think, ultimately unfulfilling 

Archived