Melisandre - did she burn any children in bookverse?

TMIFairy

17 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

How would the ygrette glamor have "succeeded?"     He so glad to see her that he forgets she's dead?    Partial lobotomy of reasoning center until she gets her way?

While I think I get the gist of what you are saying ---Mel, in her chapter revealed that she has a *chest full of shite that when used produces reactions in people.

Does what the Kindly Man told Arya describe Mel ----“and sorcerers use glamors, weaving light and shadow and desire to make illusions that trick the eye.”

19 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

While I think I get the gist of what you are saying ---Mel, in her chapter revealed that she has a *chest full of shite that when used produces reactions in people.

Does what the Kindly Man told Arya describe Mel ----“and sorcerers use glamors, weaving light and shadow and desire to make illusions that trick the eye.”

It is not only the chest full of shite, but Mel also mentions her her other magics are more powerful, like her hand gestures and words, and we see her making hand gestures towards Ghost and Ghost sniffing her hands as she is weaving her Ygritte glamour (which Jon sees through). What is also really odd to Jon that he mentions to himself, is how queer it is that when he called to Ghost, Ghost ignored him, and even use the dreaded stranger adjective. Now, if Ghost really liked Mel, then maybe Ghost would go to her without the spell casting going on, let her pet him, and when Jon called his dog back to him, his dog would listen. Mel is up to no good. Her matchstick fingers are itching to strike on something.

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It is not only the chest full of shite, but Mel also mentions her her other magics are more powerful, like her hand gestures and words, and we see her making hand gestures towards Ghost and Ghost sniffing her hands as she is weaving her Ygritte glamour (which Jon sees through). What is also really odd to Jon that he mentions to himself, is how queer it is that when he called to Ghost, Ghost ignored him, and even use the dreaded stranger adjective.

I find it very difficult to articulate my thoughts because of Martin’s writing style. There is a bit of information here and a bit of information there. I started out reading some remark in in the books Mel arrived at Dragonstone while Stannis was still in residence at KL.

Iffin’ I was to elaborate on a topic I would end up with three pages of text trying to explain the reason I think what I think. Then someone would chime in with asking for a quote. That would piss me off, so I try stick to what can be supported by text. :blush:

Below, we have Ghost cozening up with Mel. I do believe she is using trickery. I have no idea why Ghost would be snowed by Mel’s tricks.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon VI   "Yes, but …"   "Ghost." Melisandre made the word a song. The direwolf padded toward her. Wary, he stalked about her in a circle, sniffing. When she held out her hand he smelled that too, then shoved his nose against her fingers.

Then I have the Mance reveal to Jon.

A Dance with Dragons - Melisandre I    Melisandre touched the ruby at her neck and spoke a word.   The sound echoed queerly from the corners of the room and twisted like a worm inside their ears. The wildling heard one word, the crow another. Neither was the word that left her lips. The ruby on the wildling's wrist darkened, and the wisps of light and shadow around him writhed and faded.

So I would agree she uses, I dunna know Leech, magic.  Fundamental preachers use cadence. So do self help gurus. Voice usage can be a useful tool. A person can change the pitch of their voice and suddenly people hear what is being relayed.

So darling :wub:  where are we going with this dialogue. I like the way Kitt says darling.  Kidman is a bit off the rails as usual.

7 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I find it very difficult to articulate my thoughts because of Martin’s writing style. There is a bit of information here and a bit of information there. I started out reading some remark in in the books Mel arrived at Dragonstone while Stannis was still in residence at KL.

Iffin’ I was to elaborate on a topic I would end up with three pages of text trying to explain the reason I think what I think. Then someone would chime in with asking for a quote. That would piss me off, so I try stick to what can be supported by text. :blush:

Below, we have Ghost cozening up with Mel. I do believe she is using trickery. I have no idea why Ghost would be snowed by Mel’s tricks.

Then I have the Mance reveal to Jon.

So I would agree she uses, I dunna know Leech, magic.  Fundamental preachers use cadence. So do self help gurus. Voice usage can be a useful tool. A person can change the pitch of their voice and suddenly people hear what is being relayed.

So darling :wub:  where are we going with this dialogue. I like the way Kitt says darling.  Kidman is a bit off the rails as usual.

Yeah, I am leaning heavily to the idea that this small use of magic used on Ghost should mean something for the near future, and I myself, tend to think that the reason why Bowen was crying and Wyck was claiming, "not me", when they stabby stabbied the Jon is because they could have been under a spell. Kinda that three-fold reveal George says he does; small hint (Mance with ruby), medium hint (Ghost with spell), and then the main reveal (the weird actions at the mutiny).

But hey, that is just this bouffant right here twirling some ideas around, Darling.

Archived