Is Syrio dead?

Checkered Knight

Or, what if Syrio did kill Meryn Trant and then, as a faceless man, impersonated him. Then wouldn't Cersei get the surprise of her life when she finds out that the useless knight she hoped would get Margaery condemned to death is, infact, anything but. I can see martin doing that.

First, I like your post ...

Why thank you

But there has to be a but: I have two problems, after thinking through the Syrio=Jaqen circumstances.

To be perfectly honest with you I swing both ways on the Syrio = Jaqen thing. It's not something I ever considered when I read the book first time round and it was only when arguing the possibility of Syrio survival did I kind of talk myself into it.

What I do believe is that Jaquen was with Yoren's group for his own reasons and not because he happened to be in the black cells when Yoren came calling. Therefore if they are one and the same person perhaps Syrio's place in the party wasn't Arya related

But Arya's movement from Flea Bottom to the Great Sept is described in detail, and it just doesn't have room for guidance. It's convincingly random.

I totally agree but is there a chance that Yoren wasn't acting randomly? Could Yoren have been looking for Arya after being tipped off that she's in Fleabottom before giving up getting ready to leave but being stopped and asked to wait for Ned. Then again it was coincidence (a friend was once trekking up a mountain in Peru only to meet his next-door neighbour who was on his way down)

As for the Everyone's a Faceless man theory it goes back to older boards and was my own personal crackpot theory in which I wasn't really suggesting Varys was a FM but I did point out that there was some link between Varys and Illyrio beyond that of co-conspirators. I dont have any quotes to hand but basically they both move lightly on their feet for men of their bulk, Arya describes Varys as moving like a Waterdancer when spying on them, which suggests they shared a common training whether this was FM or Mummers is another question

:hat:

After rereading the second Arya chapter in AFFC I'm more convinced than ever that Syrio is not a FM. The Kindly Man asks Arya if she wants to be a Braavo in a way that suggests that no FM would ever do such a thing. I suppose if one needed ot play the role he could assume the position of a Braavo, but it just seems like on the whole braavos and FMs are two distinct cultures that happen to reside in the same location.

Also, I still don't understand why Syrio would take time to become Arya's trainer int he forst place if he were truly a FM with ulterior motives. I guess we'll have to wait to find out until Syrio resurfaces ;P

Hi, i seldom post on the forum, but I thought that this question needed to be settled.

So, is Syrio dead? NO!

How do I know that? I know just where he is.

He know lives on a secret island with Elvis Presley. No kidding, we ve been exchanging emails couple of times and he did tell me he misses Arya very much. Now I m sure all of you would like to know how in the hell did he escape!? The explanation is really quite simple. I ll refer you to one of the last things that Syrio says: "The first sword of Braavos does not run", or something close enough. So really, he just walked out of that situation. So that s it. He s safe and sound playing cards and showing sword tricks to The King. He s not dead, nor is he Jaqen H'qar(though they used to hang out together until Syrio mocked Jaqen's hair style).

By the way, his email is [email protected]

In my next post I ll tell you ?+?=J. It ll blow your mind.

If Syrio is not Jaqen, then he is most likely dead. The entire castle was under lockdown.. Arya barely escaped due to being a small boy/girl who was no trouble. The knight fighting him later showed no signs of injury.. so unless he had super ninja face changing skills, I highly doubt he was able to survive.

If Syrio is not Jaqen, then he is most likely dead. The entire castle was under lockdown..

Is this the same castle that is so secure it is impossible for anyone to enter or leave without being seen and is not riddled with secret passages? ;)

You are implying that Syrio knew all of these secret passages? :P.. Arya was lucky to randomly have found one, and that she was small enough to fit into the window.

Honestly, I think it would be amazing if Arya and Syrio met up in Bravoos or wahtever city it is Arya is in.. but for some reason I don't think it is going to happen. Although, who knowws, things happen.. like Arya and Sam meeting. I laughed at the coincidence there.

*Frantically flips through the book, looking for characters whose names begin with a question mark*

?+? :eek: sounds like incest is involved, how ironic if Jon turns to be Lyanna's son and Ned's bastard :rofl:

You are implying that Syrio knew all of these secret passages? :P.. Arya was lucky to randomly have found one, and that she was small enough to fit into the window.

Honestly, I think it would be amazing if Arya and Syrio met up in Bravoos or wahtever city it is Arya is in.. but for some reason I don't think it is going to happen. Although, who knowws, things happen.. like Arya and Sam meeting. I laughed at the coincidence there.

No, Arya had a vague sense of them because of all the cat chasing Syrio sent her on... I wouldn't be shocked if he'd poked around and learned a few secret passages himself.

Archived