How many Tyrells will be in next season?

j52y

Before GRRM said he'd been watching audition videos for Margery, there were many people who felt that Margery won't even be in this season. Now, we find out that she's a regular and has been casted with a relatively name actress. This implies that Margery will be in season 2 a lot more than she was in A Clash of Kings.

Assuming they follow the story, this means that she will retreat back to Bitterbridge after Renly dies until Littlefinger comes over and convinces them to side with the Lannisters. Dormer being a main cast member, along with Gillen already being main billed, implies that we will see this happen. But how can they think to show this scene without Mace Tyrell or the Queen of Thorns? If Natalie Dormer is in fact a regular and the release wasn't a typo, then they need to have Mace and Olenna Redwyne.

So what about the other Tyrells? I see no need to include Willas, but what about Garlan? I'll be disappointed if Garlan isn't introduced either, for two reasons:

1. He doesn't have to be a great actor, he only has to know how to fight. Garlan barely talks in the books, they could prolly get a stunt man for the role.

2. I really want them to include the bit about Garlan wearing Renly's armor and people thinking that Renly came back.

So, do you think we'll get all of the Tyrells? And what about bannermen? Any chance that we'll see Randall Tarly in the second season?

I"m not sure if she'll be on that much, Viserys was a regular and he was only on 5 episodes, so I think 2 to 3 episodes before Renly dies, 1 episode after where she tries to comfort her brother after he has killed the other 3 rainbow guards guys, then arrive with the other Tyrells at the end of episode 9 is in episode 10 to set her marriage to Tommen. about the other Tyrells I hope to see Garland and Mace this season, Oleana would probably be saved for the third. I hope those who think Margaery and Oleana are to be compressed into a single character are wrong as Olena is I think the best female role in the whole series.

Yeah I feel like maybe the listing of her as a regular could have been a misprint. I think she's probably in reality a featured cast member for the next season, like Varys, Renly, etc. I can't imagine she could have more than 4 scenes.

then arrive with the other Tyrells at the end of episode 9 is in episode 10 to set her marriage to Tommen.

I suspect you mean Joffery

It's been mentioned in the other threads that this "Series Regular" billing might be more to do with the deal her agent has struck rather than a reflection on how much she's actually going to be in it. Though I do imagine they'll give her more screen time than she got in the book.

It would make no sense at all to shoot scene much additional scenes with her. I can see her being present at Storm's End, maybe even during Stannis' and Renly's last conversation. And they could show us a Loras-and-Margaery-scene after Renly's death, with her comforting him and promising that they 'would kill them all', but that's it.

I'm pretty sure we are also going to see Loras burying Renly at their secret place.

And this would be only 3-4 episodes, not more...

Shooting scene with her, Olenna, Mace, and Littlefinger in Highgarden would make no sense at all. The presence of the Tyrells and Tywin at the Blackwater has to be a surprise for the audience. The same is true for the poisoning of Joffrey, so I really do hope there will be no scenes set in Highgarden.

Margaery can't even be a regular in season 3, I guess, as she just does not appear that much. It could make sense to make her a regular in the AFfC-season, but not this early.

And yes, they should make Conleth Hill a regular in season 2. As he is going to appear pretty much in every Tyrion chapter in ACoK he should be in every episode as well...

Any chance that we'll see Randall Tarly in the second season?

I suspect he will - as well as being a nod to the fans, it's a chance to indirectly improve Sam's characterisation by showing us what his father's like. He does appear in one scene in the book, when Cat first meets Renly at the tourney.

As for the Tyrells, if they're increasing Margaery's role I would expect to see more of Mace also. Not necessarily Olenna - unless they show us directly the negotiations with LF, then I think she can be kept in the background until season 3. Garlan will at least need to be introduced, so he can be a candidate for the non-readers when they're trying to guess who's wearing Renly's armour.

I'm not sure - part of the legend of the Knight of Flowers is the great deeds he did fighting beside Renly's ghost, and it would seem odd if such a well-known valiant knight wasn't seen at all in the battle (Garlan's less well-known, and can therefore get away with it easier). I agree it doesn't necessarily have to be Garlan wearing Renly's armour, but I don't think it can be Loras.

I think they will at least have to cast Mace. I think they'll show Littlefinger's meeting with the Tyrells, but maybe not show their decision, so that it will still be a surprise when they show up at Blackwater. I really really hope they'll cast Olenna and Garlan too, but I can't remember - was Olenna even at Bitterbridge?

Mace only appears at the end of ACoK. I hope they keep it that way. It's the same with Garlan, and I'd not be surprised if they omit him entirely from the series. He does not do that much at all in the series. Olenna only appears in ASoS, and they should stick to that as well.

The Tyrells have to disappear from the radar of the audience after Renly's death, I think. Of course they should give us the discussion of the Small Council and Littlefinger's mission, and Stannis should send his envoys as well. But that they arrive at KL during the Battle of the Blackwater has to be surprise.

And they would spoil that surprise if they would show us any scenes with the Tyrells after Renly's death/Loras' mad rage/the burial.

Are people really going to be surprised when the Tyrells show up at the Blackwater? Most viewers are going to assume that Littlefinger being sent out to make an alliance will have some tangible effect. I'm not sure why keeping this a surprise is particularly important.

Having some extra scenes with her makes plenty of sense. You don't cast Dormer to use her as scenery for 3 episodes. If the role wasn't being expanded or changed, they'd have cast some unknown.

could see them adding a couple scenes of Marg with Renly before he dies,just some random conversation scenes.

Margeary:"Where's your body hair? Has my brother been shaving you again ? Loraaaaaaaaaas!!!! "

Renly: "Uh...uh.." *Ros enters the room totally naked and does nothing. Everyone stares at each other for 5 minutes*

Margeary:"Where's your body hair? Has my brother been shaving you again ? Loraaaaaaaaaas!!!! "

Renly: "Uh...uh.." *Ros enters the room totally naked and does nothing. Everyone stares at each other for 5 minutes*

I actually quite like the first part - plenty of women LIKE chest hair on a guy; make Marg one of them; with a little sibling squabble.

It is a surprise in the books. And I don't see them having time for pointless Tyrell scenes with only ten episodes for ACoK.

And why cast Dormer? Well, obviously she wanted to get the role. But that doesn't mean she has to appear in every episode. And Margaery could become a regular in the AFfC season I guess. I can see her being present during the Renly-Loras-Brienne-Cat-scenes. But there is simply no time left to expand her role further after Renly's death.

Hahaha, it does seem that Ros is the only whore in Westeros.

Dormer isn't that big a name. It's typecasting, at its finest. I don't see how this means they're giving Sansa's lines to Dormer or something. She's not even relevant for 99.9% of Clash.

Game of Thrones was very well received, will make a killing at award shows and is HBO's baby. With Clark blowing up as Dany any sane actress would kill for a role like Marg in one of the hottest shows on TV.

If anything this role will be raising Dormer's stock since we'll only get her in limited doses. Less chance to see her mediocre acting shine through. I won't be opposed to HBO expanding her role with some kinky nude/sex exposition though. :)

If Margery does indeed get more screen time than she did in the books, it opens up an intriguing possibility - did she know about the relationship between her brother and her ersatz husband? Did they ever discuss it?

I'd love to see a few scenes with Marge giving Loras grief about pushing Renly to war - or something of the sort. We know D&D will be giving us non-canon scenes throughout the season, might as well have Marge be an insight to some of the workings that we never got to see due to lack of in-house POVs...

Archived