Masculine Wiles

Spider From Mars

Guest Raidne

I was raised by a woman, hence why I have such contempt for most of them ;)

Come again? Darling, you know I'm a fan, but we're going to have to hash this one out.

But! You might say, clearly I'm not including you! Did I not devote an entire crush thread to expressing my admiration for your ability to compliment me you?

To which I say: so what? Speaking of masculine wiles nobody should fall prey to the "he's not a dick to me because I'm special" trap. Sure, sure, you've managed to land that guy who doesn't really like most women, has contempt for them even, but, but he really, really likes you. Proving, therefore, that you are a special snowflake.

Bad idea. Because, I have eyes and when I look around at the women in my life that I am friends with and work with I see dozens of interesting, intelligent, beautiful and accomplished women, and they don't become less so just because they don't happen to be sleeping with or flirting with the man in question.

And so, if any man says he has contempt for most women (duh?) run the fuck the other way.

And so Spider, I apologize, but thus I bring the axe down on the rope of Montaigne that so briefly connected us together in this forum that you hang out in to flirt with women without your wife knowing about it. ;)

All yours Salome. Enjoy. :)

Don't you know? When women are sexually appealing, they must be trying to manipulate men for something. When men are sexually appealing, it's just all part of their laid-back charm! :wideeyed:

I dont know about you, but I don't want to hear about real life stories of men manipulating womenfolk. It might prove to be too depressing and disturbing.

Instead, let us all revel in LooN's hammer and Nasruddin's ass.

Come again? Darling, you know I'm a fan, but we're going to have to hash this one out.

But! You might say, clearly I'm not including you! Did I not devote an entire crush thread to expressing my admiration for your ability to compliment me you?

To which I say: so what? Speaking of masculine wiles nobody should fall prey to the "he's not a dick to me because I'm special" trap. Sure, sure, you've managed to land that guy who doesn't really like most women, has contempt for them even, but, but he really, really likes you. Proving, therefore, that you are a special snowflake.

Bad idea. Because, I have eyes and when I look around at the women in my life that I am friends with and work with I see dozens of interesting, intelligent, beautiful and accomplished women, and they don't become less so just because they don't happen to be sleeping with or flirting with the man in question.

And so, if any man says he has contempt for most women (duh?) run the fuck the other way.

And so Spider, I apologize, but thus I bring the axe down on the rope of Montaigne that so briefly connected us together in this forum that you hang out in to flirt with women without your wife knowing about it. ;)

All yours Salome. Enjoy. :)

That wasn’t supposed to be taken seriously (I even tried to include an emoticon to help that). After the blow-back I got in the first Cat-calling thread, I thought the women of the board had largely formed an opinion of me as a woman-hater. I figured I'd throw out a bone for some confirmation bias.

And Chat is for flirting with women my wife doesn’t know care about. The board is strictly reserved for droll one-liners.

Guest Raidne

Oh well, I personally had not typed you as a woman hater, for what it's worth, so, ironically, your attempt at irony was lost on me.

I also took you seriously because the "woman on a pedastal" thing is pretty contemptuous as a social phenomena. It's taken me a long time to realize that I actually have to get off the elevator before any man is going to budge.

I have to admit, OTOH, now that I've gotten used to that whenever any guy gets off first I kind of think that he has bad manners until I catch myself.

You just can't win.

Oh well, I personally had not typed you as a woman hater, for what it's worth, so, ironically, your attempt at irony was lost on me.

I also took you seriously because the "woman on a pedastal" thing is pretty contemptuous as a social phenomena. It's taken me a long time to realize that I actually have to get off the elevator before any man is going to budge.

I have to admit, OTOH, now that I've gotten used to that whenever any guy gets off first I kind of think that he has bad manners until I catch myself.

You just can't win.

DP

You just can't win.

I appreciate that, because I’m not. Unless they have vaginas. In which case they are the Enemy.

I am one of those men who will struggle mightily to hold the doors ajar, plastering a smile onto his face to hide the strain of his rubbery biceps against the mechanical inevitability of the elevator door closing, until the woman I am sharing it with gets off. If I am the last one on in a full elevator, and there are women behind me, they will have to wait though. I’m not holding up 15 other people for the sake of chivalry. The only time I won’t wait for a woman to get off before me is if she has a stroller. Because it might be Mlle. Zabzie coming for me and I need the head start.

No… no you can’t.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up and whoa.

We were supposed to let women off the elevator first? I never even knew that was a thing. If it is your floor, then just get the hell off in the order you're standing in. :/

Guest Raidne

We have many elevators and they are not crowded. So, literally, nobody will move until I get off if the other people are men. They will stand there and stare at me and wonder if I was raised in a barn.

We were supposed to let women off the elevator first? I never even knew that was a thing. If it is your floor, then just get the hell off in the order you're standing in. :/

yep, could be landmines on the floor. We call it "gentlemanly" and "manners", really it's just self preservation.

I haven’t checked with my feminist advisor this week, but I think the new approach is to try and trample the women standing between us and the door, so they will earn respect and equality by fighting for it. I think it might work. When the 5’2 petite brunette is standing with her stiletto heel on my neck, pumping her manicured fists into the air, and screaming an inquiry into who is her bitch now, I will let her off first the next time in the interest of self-preservation and not out of an instinct to coddle her.

We have many elevators and they are not crowded. So, literally, nobody will move until I get off if the other people are men. They will stand there and stare at me and wonder if I was raised in a barn.

Sounds like a fun game to play when bored. Ride the elevator and don't get off. See how many trips up and down it takes for the guys to figure it out.

Changing a tire? Jumpstarting a battery? Hah! Tasks for boys! Have a woman come upon you as you are building a home for her - when you're shirtless, sweaty, tanned, muscled veins straining from hard use, smelling faintly of sawdust, with a long dangerous hammer dangling from your belt - and I promise you, she will be wet and willing.

This, hands down. There's nothing more alluring than a man who actually knows what to do with a power tool...especially when he's shirtless, sweaty, tanned, and muscled. :)

Sigh.

You just can't win.

That sounds familiar. Sort of like being on the bus or subway and not a single male will get up and let a pregnant woman sit down--it's always another woman who gives up her seat. The guys pretend that they don't see her.

The “there is a reason I am the way I am!” wile: This guy plays up his tragic (or at least in his own mind) past. You absolutely can’t blame him for anything because after all he has his reasons. (Which he is never shy about telling in grisly detail as he starts to paw at you hoping for a pity f*ck). There is a common variant on this wile, which I like to call “I’ve never told anyone else before” wile.

The “I’ll write a song about the color of your eyes” wile: He’s an artist! He wants to make part of you immortal. You could be his inspiration, his muse, if only you wouldn’t mind supporting a starving artist for a while.

So many more. People are manipulative little turds.

Has anyone ever got a pity shag, short of something terminal, it has to be the least likely tactic to get someone into bed.

I'd pay before I begged, and I 've never yet felt the need to pay.

Has anyone ever got a pity shag, short of something terminal, it has to be the least likely tactic to get someone into bed.

I feel the same way. Pitiful is the opposite of sexy, you'd think. Though some people, both male and female, like to play the role of 'fixer' of this attractive member of the opposite sex. Personally I take pride in my own brand of stoic self-sufficiency so, as you may imagine, I view dudes using the deep artist emo baggage act with scorn and derision. You know what? I've got problems too. I've got thoughts and feelings. Deep ones. Some profound shit going on in there. But you don't see me out there crying about it. :P

With that said, I don't think I really have or use anything that could be considered to be a wile. I'm pretty non-mysterious. Writing a song about anyone is about the last thing I could ever imagine myself doing. I pretty much just rely on my sense of humor and my vast repertoire of trivial knowledge when it comes to chatting up the fairer sex. I would rate my real-life conversational skills at above average! How's that for sexy?

Guest Raidne

You come across as *authentic* Capitol A. Stick with it. And come on, you tell a great story. Plus you're a good friend to me and a bunch of other women, from what I gather, without ever coming off like the Nice Guy, so I'd say your wiles are in good form, sir. :)

That's awesome Raidne. It's like a superpower.

You should try and see how long you can hold a group of people in an elevator through sheer force of vagina.

Archived