[ADWD SPOILERS] Tyrion 11

Xray the Enforcer

I loved the use of some of his mushrooms ;-)

Nice pick-up there ipsuel, I'm annoyed at myself for missing it.

After also missing the Lord Manderly 'rat-cook' and Mance references in an earlier Theon chapter I'm beginning to doubt my powers of perception and comprehension.

Thankfully there are these forums so I can allow others to do my thinking for me.....

• 2 weeks later...

I totally missed that the mushrooms in the soup were Tyrion's poison ones. I suspect he killed Nurse as a mercy? Although I'm not sure why that was him "paying his debt."

I haven't seen much chatter about the "Pale Mare" that is the bloody flux and the "Pale Mare" prophecy of Mel. Is it possible that a female will bring the flux to the Wall?

I am really thinking that Tyrion is one of the 3 heads of the dragon. His father? didn't belive he was really his child. Also Ser Barristan told Daenerys that her father was in lust with Tyrion's mother. I am thinking that Tyrion is in fact Daenery's 1/2 brother

Great to see Tyrion back in action, talking his way out of crap.

i didnt notice until i read it here but it seems that Tyrion put some of the mushrooms in the dogtail soup to kill Nurse.

that's why Tyrion said "a Lannister always pays his debts."

Ahh of course - I didn't pick up on that either.

I totally missed that the mushrooms in the soup were Tyrion's poison ones. I suspect he killed Nurse as a mercy? Although I'm not sure why that was him "paying his debt."

I missed that clue as well - though it was obvious that Tyrion had done something not-so-pleasant to Nurse when those were the last words the slaver ever heard, but I didn't tweak on to the mushrooms clue till just now! :)

Good point though - if Nurse was dying anyway, what's the point? Maybe the mushrooms give a more painful (albeit quicker) death?

I missed that clue as well - though it was obvious that Tyrion had done something not-so-pleasant to Nurse when those were the last words the slaver ever heard, but I didn't tweak on to the mushrooms clue till just now! :)

Good point though - if Nurse was dying anyway, what's the point? Maybe the mushrooms give a more painful (albeit quicker) death?

I got the impression that he posioned him knowing that people would think he died of the pale mare

I haven't seen much chatter about the "Pale Mare" that is the bloody flux and the "Pale Mare" prophecy of Mel. Is it possible that a female will bring the flux to the Wall?

Nurse didn't have the flux Tyrion poisoned him as the death would look like the flux.

I belive it was called the pale mare as the first person who came bring the flux to the city was riding a pale mare.

I got the impression that he posioned him knowing that people would think he died of the pale mare

Nurse didn't have the flux Tyrion poisoned him as the death would look like the flux.

Thanks. And yes, that would make a LOT more sense. :)

Even in this ragged state, where most 'stronger' men would have given up, Tyrion still manages to keep his wits, his values and his identity. First opportunity, and he kills his tormentor; next opportunity, and he's out of there, alongwith his two unwilling friends, and he's got new allies!

Very impressive indeed. He, alongwith Varys and Littlefinger, are probably the three most cunning, clever and devious characters in the whole ASOIAF universe - Tywin was another but he's dead, and Roose Bolton is more a psychopath.

However, Tyrion is the only one of those three who actually has some morals, some decent values, cares about the 'small people' and wants to do justice for them. Seems that both he and his brother take after their mother in that.

Nice pick-up there ipsuel, I'm annoyed at myself for missing it.

After also missing the Lord Manderly 'rat-cook' and Mance references in an earlier Theon chapter I'm beginning to doubt my powers of perception and comprehension.

Thankfully there are these forums so I can allow others to do my thinking for me.....

Missed all 3 of those clues myself...although I suspected something fishy with Tyrion. It's good to see Ser Jorah out of his little funk.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Mel foresaw a girl on a dying grey horse, which was when Alys showed up. I don't think she called it a pale mare.

I was really sad to see a broken Jorah, hopefully he'll snap out of it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am really thinking that Tyrion is one of the 3 heads of the dragon. His father? didn't belive he was really his child. Also Ser Barristan told Daenerys that her father was in lust with Tyrion's mother. I am thinking that Tyrion is in fact Daenery's 1/2 brother

I think this might be a good theory.

I don't think GRRM would have originally had Tyrion as one of the three heads, but I think he messes with the plot according to fan reaction. Hence adding the whole Joanna / Aerys thing so he can make Tyrion a Targarean. I'm not sure GRRM knows who all three heads are yet.

Loved this chapter, though. The fact that Jorah broke so much before Tyrion, proving once again he is still the very much the little player. Jorah needs to be more like Bron, he'd have a lot more fun. I seriously hope that J+A=T. I can already see Peter Dinklage riding Viserion

Archived