Sandor Clegane v 10

Although the Hound, Brienne is taking Jaime to is Lem, it would be amusing if the actual Hound showed up too! The wait for the next Jaime Chapter is going to be a killer!!

I agree.

Brienne does seem to be drawn to him, right? She just stumbles into everything Sandor-related.

I'd love to see them interract. If fact, what i'd really love to see is Sandor/Brienne/Loras talk. Not much hope of that, of course, but I still hope.

I like your points only me :)

I believe Sansa caught Sandors eye initially because she would have been hanging around him by default when she could while she was making moon eyes at Joff and trying to get his attention. Who wouldn't notice the pretty redhead in court?

I would speculate though Sandor would think her insipid and shallow to start off with but then perhaps saw something of her true innocence instead which brought out a protective side in Sandor especially after Ned's beheading. He knows too well what these people are like in KL.

Then when she doesn't scream and run a mile after his drunken attempts to converse with her (yes she freaks out a bit but doesn't she also think at the time 'why has he told me the story of how he got his burns') it gives him fuel to go back for more.

I think Sansa could see though the Hound's gruff exterior somewhat to someone she could possibly show some empathy towards, despite or even because of the terrible way he speaks to her and i believe Sandor could recognise that. Or at the very least she an attractive girl who is not an arsehole to him like most others around so in my opinion that what he first saw in her. :)

I can see all that J. I just do not think that he saw her as his love-interest already in GOT. Of course he studied her – she was Joffry`s girlfriend and it was his job to know everyone who interacted with Joffry. In GOT he is always squatting or kneeling when he talks to her (or wipes blood of her face). Like you do when you are talking to a child. And she was a child. But he still poured his heart out to her!?

In COK they interact differently (He crabs her wrist and pokes her with blades a lot to get her full attention ) I do not think it is just the height thing. He will always be much taller than her (and most people). He sees her differently.

I like, no love, complex anti-hero characters enough that I want to like Sandor, but when I read posters saying that they want him to have a happily ever after romance with Sansa, it makes me a little sick.

Well, you see Sandor as Sandor from AGoT, a rough, cruel drunk with a lousy childhood. A happy-ever-after for such a man, especially with a sweet girl like Sansa, would indeed be nauseating, and unbelievable as well. Such people don't live happy ever after, they don't know how to.

The point is, things happen to him. Life-changing things. He tells his secret, lets other people abuse the girl he fancies, falls in love, saves the girl he loves, faces his greatest fear and fails, loses the girl he loves, along with his pride, his place in society and so on, faces his greates fear again and this time wins, takes a responsibility, admits defeat, and, at the end, finds peace. That alone could make a book, at the end of which the hero could, very reasonably, get his happy-ever-after with the girl he loves, who, by this time, undervent a similar process herself, and grew up accordingly.

If Sandor meets Sansa ever again she may well have become a clever player who has more or less gone over to the dark side, taught by Littlefinger. in fact it would be an interesting storyline to turn the naive child into the ultimate villain. Of course Sansa would not be able to do her killings herself. So Sandor might become for her what he has been for Joffrey: Bodyguard and hitman, only this time out of infatuation - or love, however you want to call it. He would be wax in Sansas hands, mowing down everyone who is in his little bird's way - until he is no longer needed and Sansa will find a way to get rid of him. Real sex is not even needed, the promise would be enough to manipulate.

You think this is not Sansa? She is learning currently and her syllabus may not be the one you would like for her.

So Sandor might become for her what he has been for Joffrey: Bodyguard and hitman, only this time out of infatuation - or love, however you want to call it. He would be wax in Sansas hands, mowing down everyone who is in his little bird's way - until he is no longer needed and Sansa will find a way to get rid of him. Real sex is not even needed, the promise would be enough to manipulate.

Or, (if Sansa ever becomes a villain/mini!LF) Sandor might become to her what she had been to him -- a reminder of what she was, also could be a positive force for her. How she'll react when they meet again is one of the things I mostly anticipate in the series.

Archived