Game of Thrones Board Game

I play this game with a group of friends....it's really awesome.

-Greyjoys are a bit overpowered

-while Lanisters are pretty weak ....if you make one mistake you are toast.

-Baratheons are pretty awesome but if they get in conflict with Martells ...they will be quite weak since the Doran Martell card is very annoying.

-Tyrells are a decent race , with Loras card ...they can win maches when you least espect

-Starks are boring with bad cards (unles u have Bolton , wich is the best thing about them)

-Martells have good cards , are a good race ...the problem is that they have strong neighbours and few citadels near Sunspear...

This sounds awesome but I can't for the life of me find it in stock. Anyone know where I can get it in the UK?

Also, am I right in thinking that the second edition includes all the A Clash Of Kings expansion pack, but not the A Storm Of Swords? Not that I'll ever own it, at a mere £583.........

EDIT: found it at thegeekestlink.com if anyone's interested.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you guys manage the making of alliances?

I think it is kind of stupid to make the alliances right on the table, that everyone can hear it.

So you cannot betray so nice.

But how else can it be done?

I buyed the game one week ago and played it only one time, but there we did no alliances, it was just that all players fought against the one with the most castles. But real and secret alliances would be much more exciting.

You guys prefer playing with or without the Tides of battle cards?

I prefer to play with them, because it is boring when always the attackers win. If they would not win, they would not attack.^^

That is boing in my opinion.

But how i said, i played the game just one tim, so maybe i am wrong.

I got mine in the UK from the Geekest Link website, it'll arrive tomorrow. Received superb customer service throughout, so I recommend them. They mentioned that this board game is the most frequently sold-out item they sell, they basically fulfil preorder's every time and then wait for stock. Looking forward to it immensely.

@Wichfried I suppose you could add a point where you all hand each player a note, which may or may not be blank. I personally can't wait to form an alliance and then watch their face when they see march orders along our borders. BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Who wants to make this game into an iphone/ android app? eh. EH? ill pay up to 5$. It doesnt even have to be good/work just have the words ASOIAF and in the app store

I'm hoping they make a game like this on the app, even on a console it would be awesome.

I can't buy the board game because not many people I know actually follow GoT

I love that game. Sadly I've only played the first edition, so I don't have the Martells or the siege rules but seriously, I'm getting addicted to that thing. Sadly my friends are not. If anyone is playing by e-mail, count me in!

How do you guys manage the making of alliances?

I think it is kind of stupid to make the alliances right on the table, that everyone can hear it.

So you cannot betray so nice.

you do not need alliances you can have NAP's (non agression pact )

with few conditions

1. if you have 5 castles the nap can fall

2.NAP also end at a specific later round

this way you can focus on one enemy.

This game is not for everyone , all the players in the game must understand that this becomes fun when treason can apear from nowhere and even if you are best buddies in real life you do not have to be angry on eachothers cus you might be enemies in the game.

My friends all watch and read Game of Thrones. We also play Chess and Monopoly. Do you guys think we'll enjoy this?

I've played with friends who've never read a line and they've been amazed. You'll definitely like it.

My friends all watch and read Game of Thrones. We also play Chess and Monopoly. Do you guys think we'll enjoy this?

Of course...i convinced my brother who is an adict to video games to give it a try and he didnt watch the show or red the books.

Now his an addict....he first felt in love with the game , then he started watching the show ...and now the suker reads the books and has a wallpaper on his desktop with "ours is the fury"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, do you think that playing the board game in 2 (or 3) players is a mistake?

I mean, I want to buy the game but I only know 1 person who's reading the books and I could convince my sister to play it with us (for a total of 3) but I don't know if playing it with so few people would ruin the game. I've read that it loses a lot if it's not played in a group of five (or four).

What do you suggest?

Archived