Victarion Greyjoy

Gordon Freeman

Yeah and Tom Cruise is a fucking giant. Watch Bullhead. /argument.

What does Tom Cruise have to do with this?

Matthias is still only just over 6 feet tall, that do not constitute referring to him as a "Huge Guy." Considering his age I would say he would be a better choice for a younger role and not that of a character that will most likely be in his late 40's if not in his 50's due to the age up.

If Ser Balon Swann was to have a good size role he may be perfect for him or maybe Ser Rolly if his role is to have any substance in this series.

He's dwarfed by 99% of the actors beside him in any given film, including women, but they make him look like he's the same height or even taller. This is film, it's a fucking magic trick, and not a difficult one at that.

It's reasoning like yours that leads to wrestlers and the like being cast in roles because "we need a big guy." the dude is 6' 1" and I'd say somewhere around 240, 250. He's a big guy. No he's not the size of fucking triple h or whatever, but he's plenty big, and more importantly he can ACT.

He's dwarfed by 99% of the actors beside him in any given film, including women, but they make him look like he's the same height or even taller. This is film, it's a fucking magic trick, and not a difficult one at that.

It's reasoning like yours that leads to wrestlers and the like being cast in roles because "we need a big guy." the dude is 6' 1" and I'd say somewhere around 240, 250. He's a big guy. No he's not the size of fucking triple h or whatever, but he's plenty big, and more importantly he can ACT.

He dwarfs 99% of the actors beside him? I would say that is wrong, I don't believe he dwarfs majority of the actors that he appears along side. The average height for women is 5 foot 4 inches so yes he is taller then them standing at 5 foot 7 inches.

I believe its the popularity of the sport that leads to them being cast in roles and they are basically stuntmen with a popular name. I will agree with you that a wrestler isn't the right choice for the role with MAYBE the exception of Tyler Mane, who is a former wrestler but, I don't believe he is the right choice for the role anyways. I do believe there are very quality actors that have been named earlier in this thread that can easily fill the role quite nicely.

Vladimir Kulich 6'4"-6'5", he's within the age range for the role. He seems to be the fan favorite for the role not just my own, the only problem that could arise is his accent. I'm not totally sure he is able to mask it but, I could be wrong about that.

Ray Stevenson 6'4", He's another fan favorite, probably my third choice for the role, he's a solid actor, he's capable of the action scene but, I do believe he's on Dexter unless they killed his character off.

Craig Fairbrass 6'3", he have a weather face, that works for someone from the Iron Islands, he's a bit younger then I think is needed for the role but, he can be aged up if needed.

I would say giving Matthias 240, 250lbs is a bit of a stretch, maybe in Bullhead he was around it but I wouldn't say that's his actually daily weight.

Hm, I like this Craig Fairbrass. It's the closest one to how I picture Victarion. His face is completely unfriendly and he looks big. I like it. His voice could be deeper, though, and I don't know if he's a good actor.

Enough with Godamn Tom Cruise, dude. Tom Cruise isn't the point. Save your average height statistics and look at what I'm saying; IN THE END IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER IF THEY'RE A FEW INCHES SHORTER THAN THEIR FICTIONAL COUNTERPART, IT'S EASILY FIXED WITH MISDIRECTION.

Maybe cap-locks will help, but I doubt it. Like screaming at a deaf person.

Craig Fairbrass 6'3", he have a weather face, that works for someone from the Iron Islands, he's a bit younger then I think is needed for the role but, he can be aged up if needed.

Fairbrass is a my favourite for Victarion but I don't see how he's too young. He's 48 right now and would be 49 by the time filming for the 4th season would be underway, and Victarion is younger than both Balon and Euron. I'd rather not have all the strongest warriors on the show be in their 60s (Selmy and Mance already are).

Fairbrass is a my favourite for Victarion but I don't see how he's too young. He's 48 right now and would be 49 by the time filming for the 4th season would be underway, and Victarion is younger than both Balon and Euron. I'd rather not have all the strongest warriors on the show be in their 60s (Selmy and Mance already are).

I say too young mostly due to Patrick Malahide(who plays Balon) is about to be 68, so I was thinking Vic probably isn't most then 10 years younger then Balon in the story.

• 5 weeks later...

I say too young mostly due to Patrick Malahide(who plays Balon) is about to be 68, so I was thinking Vic probably isn't most then 10 years younger then Balon in the story.

I dunno, that's kind of a late 20th century Western European/North American family planning mindset. Many places and at different times it was not uncommon for siblings to have an age difference of as much as 15 years or so. My uncle is 17 years younger than my father.

In the world of ASOIAF many families, especially those concerned with producing multiple heirs have children with very large age discrepancies:

Rhaegar is about 16 years older than Viserys and 25 years older than Dany

Robert is about 15 years older than Renly (and Mark Addy is 19 years older than Gethin Anthony)

Robb is about 12 years older than Rickon (and the age difference between the actors is 15)

Davos' youngest of seven sons is about 6 years old while his eldest was married.

Not to mention that while Malahide looks 68, an Ironborn king who avoids being pampered like royalty at King's Landing would probably start to look more haggard after he hits 50. Also Euron is older than Victarion and is described as handsome with black hair and a dark beard (no trace of grey), I can't really imagine him being played by an actor older than in his early 50s.

But like you mentioned Fairbrass or Stevenson could certainly be aged up with makeup if that's not the case :)

My dream greyjoys:

Ray Stevenson - Victarion

Mads Mikkelsen- Euron

Robert Carlyle - Dumphair

and yes, Lars Mikkelsen is also a fantastic actor with very interesting looks - however I can not quite find a part in GoT that would be ideally suitable for him... Justin Massey maybe - if he becomes more important in TWOW

Thanks King of Hats.

I really think Vinnie could pull it off. He has the physique as well as a certain look of brutality I personally envisage for Victarion. Moreover, he, I believe, could easily be mistaken as Alfie Allen's uncle.

Since others have added suggestions for the other family members I thought I add some that I had in mind as well. Put together, I hope you see the "family resemblance".

Theon (Alfie Allen) - http://malecelebbio....alfie-allen-10/

Asha (Gemma Whelan) - http://24.media.tumb...is07wo3_250.jpg

Vicatarion (Vinnie Jones) - http://www.qpicture....ie-jones-165603

Either / Or:

Euron (Ronan Vibert) - http://4.bp.blogspot...ibert_large.jpg

Euron (Ian McShane) - http://www.zimbio.co...tro/5oXVkeXkNc_

I realise Ian is actually older than the actor who plays Theon's dad, however that actor was made to look a lot older so I reckon Ian might just be the ticket. Just imagine him in the picture with an eye-patch. PERFECT.

All of the above have blue eyes and "pasty" skin, something I believe to be common amongst the Ironborn since I think GRRMartin somewhat based them on vikings.

Hence, all suggestions Mikkelsen and in particular Lars and Mads, I am in favour of but just thought the above might also be worth your consideration.

Archived