Prophecy - The towers by the sea

I like that interpretation.

If there is one ending to ASOIAF I desire above all others it is that the Freys get whats coming to them in true apocalyptic fashion. I don't care if the Others win, if Jon dies and we find out he's just some bastard born of a wet nurse, if Daenerys gets eaten by Drogon (in fact, I hope this happens too). None of the rest of it matters.

But I damn sure want the Freys to get theirs. I want to see their towers torn down, stone by stone, their bridge burnt, their fields salted, their men enslaved and their women and children put to the sword. I want the Erinyes of Stark vengeance to rape the horses and ride out on the women. I want every last Frey child, grandchild and bastard to be put to the sword, all while that old, rotten bastard Walder Frey watches and knows that all of his ambition, all his hopes was for naught, after which he is slowly tortured, and then after which Aeron Damphair pays the iron price and makes him his salt wife.

Truly a person after my own heart. The Towers need to be destroyed more thoroughly than Sodom and Gomorrah -- and if destruction happens by water instead of fire it will be quite fitting.

That said, I thought the prophecy was referring to Ten Towers. It seems to me that the conflict between Euron and the Drowned God and his followers is just asking for some watery disaster.

Are Krakens even real in this series?

A Storm of Swords, Tyrion III:

The eunuch drew a parchment from his sleeve. “A kraken has been seen off the Fingers.” He giggled. “Not a Greyjoy, mind you, a true kraken. It attacked an Ibbenese whaler and pulled it under. […] Sailors back from the Jade Sea report that a three-headed dragon has hatched in Qarth, and is the wonder of that city—”

I think there is another reference to krakens which makes it probable that they exist, but I can’t seem to find it right now.

A Storm of Swords, Tyrion III:

I think there is another reference to krakens which makes it probable that they exist, but I can’t seem to find it right now.

That wasn't just a random report? That actually happened? :eek: :eek: :eek: Come the Apocalypse...

Euron n the Warlocks summoning a kraken to fight a dragon. :drool: :drool: :drool: It has the reach n size. The dragon has flight and fire.

Euron n the Warlocks summoning a kraken to fight a dragon. :drool: :drool: :drool: It has the reach n size. The dragon has flight and fire.

Then come the Others that zombify both the kraken and the dragon and the world ends in an awesomeness' explosion.

Then come the Others that zombify both the kraken and the dragon and the world ends in an awesomeness' explosion.

No. The only true "awesomeness explosion" is Mass Effect 3's extended cut

if you have femshep do the renegade control ending and she becomes the machine goddess of the reapers and ruler of the galaxy. Just. Epic.

:D :D :D

Come the Apocalypse anything is possible. :rolleyes:

I like the idea that it's actually Pyke and/or Harlaw under a greenseer attack.

Payback time for the invasion of the North, and now the Starks bring the party to the Greyjoys.Lets see if krakens can't drown.

I like the idea that it's actually Pyke and/or Harlaw under a greenseer attack.

agree. it would be so rewarding for Bran the Broken to do something that nobody else could do, showing his power. were he to split the north and south at the neck, or even make it even more narrow (i'm imagining an area only 50 yards wide) that there could be an epic battle as the others try to funnel through it.

the dead things on the water referance fits better than the iron born if the tower is in the north. also could be patchface who was thrown up by the sea. there was a prophecy of him with blood on his lips i think.

Victarions arrival in Merreen is a possibility...

Although, i think i'm partial to the oldtown idea... i'm leaning toward it rep. the ironborn but who knows :dunno: .

Don't like the COtF idea.. why?? that's just silly...

Awesome Avatar, by the way. Someone else has an avatar w/ Maryland pattern on it. Pretty neat... so far as state flags can be neat.

On the other hand, since portions of ADWD run contemporaneously with AFFC, it's possible she's seeing something related to the Ironborn encroachment on the south under Euron's direction. The castle of the Hewett, for example -- the place where Euron sends Victarion after Dany -- is by the sea and is described as having "green-roofed towers."

Bottom line -- I have no idea what this vision portends, although I'm pretty sure it has something to do with towers and the sea!

Please elucidate.... this is the first I've heard of any of this.... the Hewett castle, Victarion's post-Dany plans...

As for the dark tide prophesy... I had come up with a list of about a dozen places along the Westerosi coast, just from looking at the maps... I'm inclined to go against the "towers" being Oldtown, Casterly Rock, Iron Islands, Shield Islands, or any location on or off of the Westen Coast of Westeros. I could very well be wrong, but as with some other folks here, I've associated the "dark tide" with whatever is transpiring/has transpired at Hardhome, which lies on the East Coast. If there is a connection between the Hardhome & the dark tide/towers prophesy, we should focus our analysis on the East/North East Coast

**EDIT** The other reference to the existence of Kraken(s) came in one of the Davos chapters where Stannis is being urged to sack & pillage Lord Celtigar's keep on Claw Isle, where he is rumored to have a horn that summons a Kraken... curious parallel to the dragon summoning/binding horn... Could even be that Celtigar has another Dragon binding horn, but his maritime location/life substituted kraken for dragon over the centuries.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick question to everybody on this thread: has it been discussed, if that vision might deal with events in Mereene?

The leathery wings in the smoke are the dragons. The black flood is Victarion and the crumbling towers are the crumbling brick pyramids. The fire visions seem to be blury some time and Mel may just have seen high buildings collapsing.

It is just something that crossed my mind. If you have already been there, tell me and kick me out.

Just a quick question to everybody on this thread: has it been discussed, if that vision might deal with events in Mereene?

The leathery wings in the smoke are the dragons. The black flood is Victarion and the crumbling towers are the crumbling brick pyramids. The fire visions seem to be blury some time and Mel may just have seen high buildings collapsing.

It is just something that crossed my mind. If you have already been there, tell me and kick me out.

Wouldn't she have seen pyramids rather than towers then.

I like the notion that it's Casterly Rock attacked by the ironborn. If it happened just after Theon's execution it wold be one of the most ironic moments in the entire series.

Archived