Most overrated house

Elaena_Dragon_Queen

Jon Snow

He worries about feeding everyone and rightly so. Then he successfully negotiates a deal for gold from the Iron Bank of Braavos that will keep food in everyone's mouth throughout winter.

He deals with numerous obstacles and his advisors are a person who basically believes in exterminating the wildlings, nevermind the fact that they will come back as wights, a builder with no wits who does whatever Bowen Genocide wants, and good old drunken Septon Cellador who constantly prays for Jon to see the light or some shit. Then these pricks all stab him Julius Caesar style, except now they're outnumbered five to one by wildlings and the only person holding them all together was the guy they just decided to stab.

Jon Snow hasn't moaned since Donal Noye pep talked him in the armory back in the first book. He's got Stark blood, but he's not a Stark.

Yeah I don't really get how the Targs are overrated either. I mean I hate them, but they were dragonriders and dragontamers and they lived in Valyria back when it actually was an empire. They were the only ones smart enough to flee and then they conquered Westeros. Seems like the incest is what caused the madness to me but I don't think they are overrated really, jmo.

Underrated? I don't think the Arryns are appreciated enough. As it stands right now are Sweetrobin and Harry the Heir the only two left? That could mean bad things ahead for them. However, they do have the 1 military force in Westeros (other than Dorne) that has not been depleted by the recent wars.

The Iron Born are nothing but thugs with ships. I loathe them.

Yeah I don't really get how the Targs are overrated either. I mean I hate them, but they were dragonriders and dragontamers and they lived in Valyria back when it actually was an empire. They were the only ones smart enough to flee and then they conquered Westeros. Seems like the incest is what caused the madness to me but I don't think they are overrated really, jmo.

Incest has nothing to do with madness plus few Targaryens practiced incest

Incest has nothing to do with madness plus few Targaryens practiced incest

Between brother and sister though? I think it's been proven to cause genetic defects, I don't know if madness is one of them, I just assumed that's how the Targs became more and more insane. First cousins don't produce defects, but full blood siblings do. I learned this in a biology course I took in college.

Then again, we know Martin doesn't really play by the scientific rules of our world. Not all of them, at least. I just think continually marrying Targ brother to sister would lead to madness, I'm surprised they never exhibited any other genetic deformities, but what are ya gonna do.

Between brother and sister though? I think it's been proven to cause genetic defects, I don't know if madness is one of them, I just assumed that's how the Targs became more and more insane. First cousins don't produce defects, but full blood siblings do. I learned this in a biology course I took in college.

Then again, we know Martin doesn't really play by the scientific rules of our world. Not all of them, at least. I just think continually marrying Targ brother to sister would lead to madness, I'm surprised they never exhibited any other genetic deformities, but what are ya gonna do.

It would only take one recessive 'madness' gene to pass down a generation, to quickly become a dominant gene and cause madness to become an inherent problem should they continue to marry brother to sister. That's my basic understanding anyway. They do have 'deformities' in a way, with the violet eyes and silver hair. That's like turning a wolf into a peakinese. You might not think of it as a physical deformity, but it's what came of many generations of selective breeding.

In-setting, my vote goes to the Umbers. Everybody treats them like they're some kind of extraordinary badasses, but all the ones we actually see consistently act like extraordinary jackasses.

House Frey is the most overrated among the fandom, of course. Sure, sure, we're steeped in some pretty serious awesome juice, but calm yourselves, guys; there's plenty of other houses to admire. ;)

Yeah I am pretty touchy about incest since my mother and father are cousins but I do think that of none had deformities then none have brain damage plus only; Aegon, Jaehaerys, Baelor, Aegon IV, Aerys I and Aerys II were married to their sisters; that's 6/17 which is less than a half so lets tale out Baelor and Aerys I since their marriages are not consummated so that leaves us with 4/17 which is less than a quarter

It would only take one recessive 'madness' gene to pass down a generation, to quickly become a dominant gene and cause madness to become an inherent problem should they continue to marry brother to sister. That's my basic understanding anyway. They do have 'deformities' in a way, with the violet eyes and silver hair. That's like turning a wolf into a peakinese. You might not think of it as a physical deformity, but it's what came of many generations of selective breeding.

How on earth is that a deformity, I have Blueish-Violet eyes ok, no silver hair and am I deformed?

Yeah I am pretty touchy about incest since my mother and father are cousins but I do think that of none had deformities then none have brain damage plus only; Aegon, Jaehaerys, Baelor, Aegon IV, Aerys I and Aerys II were married to their sisters; that's 6/17 which is less than a half so lets tale out Baelor and Aerys I since their marriages are not consummated so that leaves us with 4/17 which is less than a quarter

I don't consider that incest at all, it was perfectly normal up until the middle part of the 20th century when everyone had the freedom to actually travel and meet people from different backgrounds. Brother and sister is just icky. Nice calculations by the way, I suck at math.

The Lannisters.

Even thou they were a powerful house at the start of the series, their power in westeros is dead now. Mostly because of how unorganized they were once they won the Blckwater battle and how each family member had his own agenda.

But that's sort of like saying blond hair is a 'deformity', because it spread through Europe, by selective breeding. I don't think their traits are deformities because all over Essos, some people with Valyrian ancestry still have the silver gold hair and purple eyes and not only Targaryens who practice incest.

I don't consider that incest at all, it was perfectly normal up until the middle part of the 20th century when everyone had the freedom to actually travel and meet people from different backgrounds. Brother and sister is just icky. Nice calculations by the way, I suck at math.

Thanks always loved maths, and thank you for the heads up BTW I wish everyone would think like you do :)

The Stark patriarchs, Ned and Robb are wildly overrated, as is THE NORTH in general.

Cat, Sansa, Arya and Bran are all awesome though.

He worries about feeding everyone and rightly so. Then he successfully negotiates a deal for gold from the Iron Bank of Braavos that will keep food in everyone's mouth throughout winter.

He deals with numerous obstacles and his advisors are a person who basically believes in exterminating the wildlings, nevermind the fact that they will come back as wights, a builder with no wits who does whatever the valiant lord Bowen wants, and good old drunken Septon Cellador who constantly prays for Jon to see the light or some shit. Then these pricks all stab him Julius Caesar style, except now they're outnumbered five to one by wildlings and the only person holding them all together was the guy they just decided to stab.

Where does this five to one figure come from? The CB garrison is at least 300 men and there are not 1500 wildling warriors there. With Tormund the max wildling strength is 1300 (but it could be 500 less) and they are not all at CB.

Archived