Least likely but most likely canidates for attaining the Iron Throne

Eelridge

I want Gendry to attain it, melt it down and make something more useful with it. As for who actually sits on the scab-causing child-killing ego-inflating chair of doom before they give it to a blacksmith... I'd go for The Mannis.

I love idea of new throne or thrones made of it... For example if it ends with separate kindom alliance, Gendry (his role is perfect just for it xD) will make a beautiful seat of iron for the leaders of the Alliance representing their emblems (Stag seat, Lion seat, Dragon Seat, Wolf Seat, Fish Seat, etc whoever it will be).

However, remember the woman with rats, that Dany has seen in her visions. I suppose that it tells us that Westeros should be united somehow. So if not Alliance, then one ruler.

Jon will win it and protect it for either Dany or someone like Shireen.

LF won't make a lovable king and after going through all the BS, westeros deserves someone better. If Tyrion and Sansa ends up on iron throne then it would be super cool.

Jaime Lannister doesn't want to be a king, he doesn't want even to be the Hand of The King, he's a warrior, he likes to be a Knight

LF is a posibility, but i have a sneaky feeling that he'll die until the end of the story.

I can see just the same candidates for the Iron Throne as posibiliies: Aegon, Dany or Stannis.

I think due to Martin's writing style, the finale of the ASoIaF will be unexpected, that is to say the usual suspects of Danerys, Stannis, Jon Snow, Tyrion will not be seated at the end of the series.

I agree with this. Martin's end of story political configuration will probably not be be either too obvious or basic. The game of thrones is probably going to make several more major changes to Westeros before the story ends. I doubt that Jaime Lannister is going to become a king though. I agree that Tyrion is not going to sit the Iron Throne. There is some chance that he could become King of the Rock. Additionally, Jon Snow might end up as King in the North, though I doubt that he will finish the series on the Iron Throne.

I suspect that a majority of the power-brokers at the end of the story are going to be savy at the game of thrones. I think that either the last occupant of the Iron Throne, or the kings and queens of the various kingdoms, will be either savy at the game or will be backed by those who are skilled at it.

Seems likely that either Edric or Gendry will be legitimized (or perhaps both will be legitimized). At least one of these two will probably be crowned or made Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.

I think that there is a good chance that there will be multiple kingdoms in Westeros at the end of the story. Whether this will happen remains to be seen, but it could very easily occur. If Westeros has several kingdoms at the end of the story then the Iron Throne will probably not be used anymore or a new throne for a different kingdom will replace it.

There probably will not be the same seven separate kingdoms as was the case before Aegon I though. Some of the regions will probably remain together, although which combinations could exist is based upon future plot developments.

I think the most likely, least likely candidates are all Baratheons.

Even though Edric isn't a legitimate Baratheon, he's the only bastard that Robert acknowledged, so perhaps he can gather allies and be groomed in the ways of ruling in Essos. Viserys and Danny found asylum and an ally in Pentos, so I don't see why some Lyseni version of the power hungry Illyrio wouldn't back Edric's claim, if ever given the opportunity.

Gendry is also another candidate, but I think him ending up as King is a long shot. FIrst of all, he doesn't want to rule. Why would anyone help a boy who doesn't even want to rule? What does that say about his leadership potential?

Another viable candidate is Shireen. She is heir to the rightful King of Westeros, so I think she has the strongest claim of the three. But, if Stannis were to die... I don't think Shireen will get the same support that Stannis had.

There are some ways that Edric could inherit the Iron Bank contract if Stannis dies. Shireen would be expected to inherit the contract, but her survival is very uncertain. Davos could bring Edric back to Westeros after gathering sellswords in Essos (funded by the Iron Bank). Perhaps even the Braavosi government itself could support him against Daenerys. Edric has the warhammer that Varys gave him and could essentially draw support from those who liked Robert.

If Daenerys finds Edric (maybe Tyrion would recognize him as one of Robert's sons) then he might end up being like a new Orys Baratheon though.

I think the most likely, least likely candidates are all Baratheons.

Even though Edric isn't a legitimate Baratheon, he's the only bastard that Robert acknowledged, so perhaps he can gather allies and be groomed in the ways of ruling in Essos. Viserys and Danny found asylum and an ally in Pentos, so I don't see why some Lyseni version of the power hungry Illyrio wouldn't back Edric's claim, if ever given the opportunity.

Gendry is also another candidate, but I think him ending up as King is a long shot. FIrst of all, he doesn't want to rule. Why would anyone help a boy who doesn't even want to rule? What does that say about his leadership potential?

Another viable candidate is Shireen. She is heir to the rightful King of Westeros, so I think she has the strongest claim of the three. But, if Stannis were to die... I don't think Shireen will get the same support that Stannis had.

Who will accept Shireen as a ruler? She's a woman and she has greyscale, she can do a Queen consort, just that!

the Targaryens are the true royal family

Targs for the win!!!!!!!!!!!

Who will accept Shireen as a ruler? She's a woman and she has greyscale, she can do a Queen consort, just that!

the Targaryens are the true royal family

Targs for the win!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I said. The only ones that would stay with Shireen till the end are House Florent, House Seaworth, and maybe some of the Northern houses. But the latter's loyalty depends on the outcome of the Battle of Winterfell.

Also, the King's Men will probably do their best to see Shireen somewhere safe, most likely in some of the Free Cities. Justin Massey's Braavosi mercenaries would also Shireen's cause.

The Targaryens are the true royal family? :lol:

That's exactly what I said. The only ones that would stay with Shireen till the end are House Florent, House Seaworth, and maybe some of the Northern houses. But the latter's loyalty depends on the outcome of the Battle of Winterfell.

Also, the King's Men will probably do their best to see Shireen somewhere safe, most likely in some of the Free Cities. Justin Massey's Braavosi mercenaries would also Shireen's cause.

The Targaryens are the true royal family? :lol:

:commie: Yes, They are the true royal family, they ruled Westeros for almost 300 hundres years, like 283 years to be more specific :cheers:

:commie: Yes, They are the true royal family, they ruled Westeros for almost 300 hundres years, like 283 years to be more specific :cheers:

And what about the King of the Rock, who ruled the West for thousands of years?

Or the Gardner King, overseeing the prosperity of the Reach before the Dragons burned his flower fields?

And let's not forget Harre the Black, ruling over the mighty kingdom that his grandfather forged.

If you set aside those Kings, whose kingdoms were taken over via " might if right ", the Targaryens were set aside in the same fashion.

Martin so far has modelled events on real history of the War of the Roses, so expect an outcome vaguely consistent with actual events. Since he has somehow reversed York and Lancaster expect to see Tryion (Richard III) rule for a while but the eventual ruler will somehow unite Stark and Lancaster with a bit of Targ thrown in - although the North has more than a touch of Scotland so maybe it will remain independent for a while.

Any way actual history has NOT favoured dissolution or city states so the kingdom will hang together. Someone from an outer province (Harry the Heir?) will be king

No. Just, no. You can't take pains to show that the Iron Throne, and who occupies it, is meaningless, only to have it become part of some neat resolution.

Actually, I think something like this could be exactly what happens, pointing out that after all the people go through in the series, they still do not learn their lesson.

Or, our heroes (Jon, Dany, Tyrion, etc.) suffer and/or die fighting off the external threat of the others, while someone else wins the iron throne and life continues as it did the past few hundred years, without most of the world realizing what the heroes accomplished.

A female ruler who is not Dany would be the most likely, least likely outcome of a War of Kings. Not Cersei though.

If ASOIAF is the twisted mirror image of the War of Roses, she could get the way Henry Tudor got it - marrying the most legitimatr claimant to the throne.

Ive thought about a multiple queens option. Such as Sansa for the North-Riverlands-Vale, Arianne for Dorne, Asha for the Iron Islands, and someone like Shireen or Margaery for the rest of the south. It's very unlikely, but it'd be sorta interesting.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Aegon will die due to his recklesness, I really can't imagine Jon Snow on the throne, and Littlefinger is clever, but there is no way he can get on the throne. Now, I think Roose Bolton will rise as king in the North, and take the south on, using the confusion Aegon is likeley to make. Dany is too weak to take westeros.

Littlefinger is the most misunderstood character of the entire series. Why wouldn't it be his endgame? If he had no aspiration of ruling why was he so adamant in claiming the Vale. Wouldn't he just remain Master of Coin?

The action is building, and Baelish as well as J Lannister have managed to keep relatively out of the main arena, which may pave the way for a late claim to the throne

Because unless he is a moron LF knows that no-one would accept him as king. His goal has always been power in the most basic sense. He is an opportunist who does whatever it takes to improve his own situation.

Archived