Is Melisandre scared of Patchface?

direwolf_of_white_fangs

• 11 months later...
On 10/6/2014 at 6:17 PM, Vlaars said:

Some random crackpot theories I've came up with, but this is pretty weird. I doubt it has anything to do with Ser Richard Lonmouth (or his house), but it's a coincidence.

There's a House called House Lonmouth. It's coat of arms is a checkered shield with red lips and skulls on it. This is linked directly to the quote and, very strangely, it is covered in a motley pattern (of black and yellow). Patchface has a face painted in motley too.

Now, Ser Richard Lonmouth was a squire to Prince Rhaegar and was at the Harrenhal Tourney. No one really know what happened to him. Perhaps he died? Or was he exiled/escaped and found by Steffon Baratheon?

Anyway, I think Melisandres is scared of him. And she should be. He seems like a simpleton but he's obviously seen some stuff or has changed for the worse, but for what reason/what did he see? I have a feeling Patchface will play a large role in revealing some huge twist.

Interesting!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/13/2012 at 6:14 PM, direwolf_of_white_fangs said:

on page 651:

Melisandre on Patchface: "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes

there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood."

Perhaps he is connected to the Deep Ones and his goal is to kidnap Shireen when she is old enough to allow the Deep Ones to reclaim the Earth, I don't remember where I heard this theory though.

Archived