Arya: Lady of Harrenhal

Arya of Winterfell

I think Arya is destined to rule Harrenhal and not end up as a fully fledged Faceless Man. It may sound ridiculous but there is some logic behind it.

1.) Visenya, Nymeria and Leadership. Both warriors queens and leaders who Arya admires and emulates. I think this is a clear hint towards the notion of Arya one day ruling somewhere. Also, she demonstrates leadership by leading Hotpie and Gendry and fomulating plans.

2.) Nymeria (the direwolf). Although Bonnifer Hasty currently holds the castle, Nymeria and her wolf pack are roaming the Riverlands. If Arya unites with them she could take Harrenhal. (After the Frey's are dealt with, of course.) :D

3.) Riverlands. Being in the Riverlands it would not be unusual to have Arya there. House Tully were the previous Lord Paramounts of the Riverlands and Arya is half Tully, so she does have a place there. Besides, she has spent quite a bit of time in the Riverlands and Harrenhal.

4.) Sucession and familial right. Before Littlefinger, Harrenhal was offcially held by House Whent. Catelyns mother was Minisa Whent. Lady Shella Whent - the previous Lady of Harrenhal is dead, so Minisa's children and grandchildren can inherit. Through Catelyn, all her children can inherit. Even if a different sibling inherits they could easily give it to Arya.

Note: Not sure if Catelyn's children would come before Edmure and his future children in inheritance succession. Males usually come before females, despite age.

5.) Loyal Vassal. I'm hoping by the end of the series that House Tully will hold Riverrun again and are Lord Paramount again. With Edmure in charge, he could rely on Arya to be a loyal vassal as she is his neice. Therefore, even if Edmure were to inherit Harrenhal (as firstborn son) he could give to to one of Cat's children knowing they'd be loyal. And Arya is loyal to family (she's nothing like Lysa). BUT, she has never met Edmure.

7.) Death. Arya has been linked to death many times and so has Harrenhal. There is a link between the two. Every family to hold Harrenhal has become extinct, but if Arya were to hold it in her own right, not marrying or having children then there is no problem there.

8.) Curse and Magic. We know the Stark children are wargs and have some magical qualities. This, combined with her FM training may be able to break the 'curse' of Harrenhal. Also, Arya started saying her kill list prayer while at Harrenhal. I have a crackpot theory that her 'prayer' is actually a spell and all of the people on the list will die as a result. My second crackpot theory is that when she started saying the 'prayer' at Harrenhal it activated some magic and to break the curse of Harrenhal the blood of everyone of the list must be spilt.

9.) FM training. Her training will help her as a leader. Also, if the curse kills off everyone to hold Harrenhal, Arya has learnt to be "no one" before so her training can possibly help her trick the curse. If that makes sense. Arya Stark is "dead."

Also:

• Sansa hopefully will kill LF soon, so Harrenhal will be needing a new Lord/Lady.
  • It is not too far from Kings Landing so Arya could serve as a Mistress of Whispers. (As many people like to predict.)
  • It would make her a powerful Lady in her own right.
  • There is plenty of room for her wolves! ;)

Arya may be destined to rule somewhere, but I see no textual evidence for this theory, mostly just wishful thinking.

Arya going back to the riverlands and joining her wolf I can imagine. But if she embraces being a lady and a vassal to Edmure she´s no longer noone, and therefore it doesn´t cheat any curse.

I definitely see Arya becoming a warrior queen. Her connections with Nymeria, as well as other little tidbits.

However, we have to remember that the only 100% proven fortune teller in the books, the Ghost of High Heart, went ape when she saw Arya, even going as far as to call her "dark heart" and equating her life with the grief at Summerhall. I think Arya has a long, long history of blood before any sort of ruling

I definitely see Arya becoming a warrior queen. Her connections with Nymeria, as well as other little tidbits.

However, we have to remember that the only 100% proven fortune teller in the books, the Ghost of High Heart, went ape when she saw Arya, even going as far as to call her "dark heart" and equating her life with the grief at Summerhall. I think Arya has a long, long history of blood before any sort of ruling

I completely agree with this. Didn't the Ghost also say something about how she's carrying death or bringing death? I don't think the happy marriage to Gendry is going to happen, as much as I would like to see some love and stability in her life.

Arya may be destined to rule somewhere, but I see no textual evidence for this theory, mostly just wishful thinking.

Arya going back to the riverlands and joining her wolf I can imagine. But if she embraces being a lady and a vassal to Edmure she´s no longer noone, and therefore it doesn´t cheat any curse.

I always thought that the Waif and the Kindly Man didn't want Arya to become "no one" or Cat of the Canals etc. But I think they wanted her to be able to convincingly act like someone else. To be able to step into a different life and have no part of Arya Stark come through.

Archived