Things that would make you burn your ASOIAF collection

Azor Ahoy!

What things, if they happened in the remaining books of the series, would cause you to burn all your ASOIAF books and swear GRRM off forever?

Mine:

1) the Others never invade.

2) Dany never reaches Westeros

3) Aegon never sits the IT

4)Jon is inst-resurrected by Melisandre

5) Aegon is not a Targ or a Blackfyre

6) the Others turn out to be what they seem to: mindless, emotionless zombies who live only to kill things

7) Cersei survives to the end

8) Tyrion does not return to Westeros with Dany

9) We never find out who Jon's real parents are.

- If anybody - particularly Jon - turns out to actually be azor ahai reborn. I am a firm disbeliever in the notion that AAR even exists.

- If Howland never shows up

- If the Greatjon dies

- If Benjen turns out have simply been dead this whole time (or if he is Coldhands)

- if it ends with us knowing everything about the Others - its better if they remain mysterious.

- If Theon survives (he's one of my favourite characters, but Death would be the best direction for him to go in at the moment)

But above all else, If Davos dies.

If Jon sits on the Iron Throne, i will not just burn them, but roast them, coat them in meat and feed them to some polar bears.

I don't think I would ever burn books but I would really hate it if

- all the Lannisters made it to the end unscathed and come out smelling like roses

- the Starks never got to deal out some good old fashioned vengeance. I am looking at Arya here.

- Time for Wolves really means a time for Wolves. The Starks have been suffering for 5 books. I need them to have a little luck and have something good happen to them.

- No happy ending. I can take bittersweet, but I would hate a totally nihilistic ending where the bad guys win and all the good guys are all either dead or suffering.

1) Dany ending up on the Iron Throne at the end of the story

2) Ramsay, Theon, Walder Frey surviving the series

3) Dolorous Edd and Stannis dying and robbing the series of their great sense of humor

4) Tyrek Lannister jumping from behind the tree he was hiding behind and shouting "boooh!" in the epilogue of ADOS.

5) Any kind of cliché fantasy ending

Would never burn a book, but I would be very upset:

If he never finishes, not sure I could take it.

If we never see Nymeria again.

If Arya's journey does not return her to Westeros

If we don't get a POV chapter for Walder Frey where he explains his death and rape at the hands of a hoard of dothrakis and strong belwas in agonising, excruciating detail.

I like not knowing where the story is going. There's things I would like to happen, but there's nothing I can think of that would make me want to stop reading the series. Maybe if aliens invade or everything turns out to have been Bran's dream or something

Only thing I don't agree with:

I believe fAegon's role is to create the chaos (as if it wasn't already enough) and to bring the Martels and full force of Sunspear into the battlefield. But there is no way he is gonna sit on the Iron Throne! In all probability he will be exiled to one of the free cities or Illirio will sneak him out before he gets murdered.

Any more Starks die

:agree:

Only thing is UnCat will eventually RIP!

What things, if they happened in the remaining books of the series, would cause you to burn all your ASOIAF books and swear GRRM off forever?

Mine:

1) the Others never invade.

2) Dany never reaches Westeros

4)Jon is inst-resurrected by Melisandre

5) Aegon is not a Targ or a Blackfyre

6) the Others turn out to be what they seem to: mindless, emotionless zombies who live only to kill things

7) Cersei survives to the end

8) Tyrion does not return to Westeros with Dany

9) We never find out who Jon's real parents are.

You are burning your collection if all of them are true or just one of them has to be true? If just one of them has to be true I'd say your collection will more likely be burnt than not

I like not knowing where the story is going. There's things I would like to happen, but there's nothing I can think of that would make me want to stop reading the series. Maybe if aliens invade or everything turns out to have been Bran's dream or something

This, I think, is the only scenario which would make me burn the books.

Any more Starks die

While it seems like the Starks have really been put through the wringer, they've actually suffered rather less in terms of death than some. Only two Starks (Ned and Robb) have been definitely killed, out of eight at the start of the series. Taken as a proportion of the total members of the house, they're even better off. We've lost three out of five Tullys, one of two Targs, one of two Arryns, two of four Baratheons, two of five Martells, and a whole pile of Lannisters. That's not counting some of the lesser houses that have been totally eradicated, either.

I'm not saying I want any more Starks to die, mind.

I would burn the books for only 3 reasons:

1) We never find out the great mystery of Jon Snow's parentage

2) The Boltons, Freys or Greyjoys are on the Iron Throne

3) It was all a warg dream

Other than that, I wouldn't feel cheated or disappointed. I have no idea where GRRM is going to go with the next two books and I certainly had no idea where he would go with the story when I first sat down and watched this new show called Game of Thrones back in April 2011.

I don't think I would ever burn books but I would really hate it if

- all the Lannisters made it to the end unscathed and come out smelling like roses

You don´t like happy endings?

Shame on you!

The two things that will make me really sad are:

- The Others making so much destruction and death, that in the end the Westerosi only win a pyrrhic victory.

- The destruction of the Seven Kingdoms and the end of the rule of the Iron Throne.

Any more Starks die

:agree:

The Others are just mindless killing machines that want to kill all mankind and have no reason.

R+L=J is never revealed.

Dany never gets to Westeros.

Jon is resurrected by Mels instead of Bloodraven and Bran.

Archived