Things that would make you burn your ASOIAF collection

Azor Ahoy!

I dont book burn, but i will wig out if:

Davos dies

Omfg and how!

Arya dies especially if she doesnt get to do something awesome.

Littlefinger does not die. And if he does, its not Sansa's doing. D:<

Dany is Queen of Everything at the end and the Stark girls braid her hair and tell her how awesome she is being married to Jon. :ack: (This is not that kind of series!)

If Dany lives, she and Jorah get together. Ewwww.

Cersei makes it. (I want her to end that High Septon, but after that, let her get ICED!)

Jon doesnt kick more ass and take more names.

Stannis dies off screen or in a very anti-climactic way.

Shireen dies. D:

You don´t like happy endings?

Shame on you!

The two things that will make me really sad are:

- The Others making so much destruction and death, that in the end the Westerosi only win a pyrrhic victory.

- The destruction of the Seven Kingdoms and the end of the rule of the Iron Throne.

:agree:

1.) If Jon snow isn't Azor Ahai. their are so many hints that it wouldn't make sense if he was just like, oh he never existed.

2.) If we never get to see an Ice Dragon in action.

This made me realize I'm not sure how I want the series to end, but there's a ton of things I don't want to happen.

Please no Jon,Dany,or Tyrion on the Iron Throne.

Stannis dies offscreen

Davos dies without re-untiting with Stannis or Marya

Jon and Arya never meet again

Tyrion is a Targ

the dragons live (I like them but they are just too powerful/unpredictable and could mean some messed up stuff in the wrong hands)

Brienne betrays Jaime or vice-versa

The Hound doesn't have his name cleared(this one is kind of not as big but it still sucks)

2. Queen Cersei becomes heir to Casterly Rock

Better burn your books now, then, since she's currently Lady of the Rock.

If Daenerys is vilified by the narrative for daring to have ambition and pride, I won't just burn my own books, I'll burn every copy I lay my eyes on.

I think she's more vilified for her brutality and tendency toward insanity, which both exist in the narrative. :dunno:

It's set in a post-apocalyptic Earth!!!

hasn't grrm already said it isn't set in the future and the others aren't aliens?

If Daenerys is vilified by the narrative for daring to have ambition and pride, I won't just burn my own books, I'll burn every copy I lay my eyes on.

she won't be vilified for that. :cool4:

I'm not going to burn the books, but I'll be upset if:

-Littlefinger gets another title (Lord of Winterfell..nooo!)

-Tyrion is indeed Aerys' son :stillsick:

-Rickon dies

-Arya and Nymeria did not reunite

People are taking the burn the books thing too seriously think of it as a metaphor for what would greatly disappoint you. Obviously not many people on this forum are very malicious.

The worst thing that could happen would be The Others turning out to be the "good guys". Or The Others making some sort of truce or alliance with Westeros.

Jon and Dany become king and queen is the only thing that could really truly ruin the books for me.

I'd also be really pissed off if a new character was introduced in the last 2 books and became a huge player in the finale.

Like another poster mentioned the only twist that would retroactively completely ruin the entire experience would be a "it was all a dream!!" kind of thing, but I can't see that ever, ever happening. (also no-one here would literally burn a book... err, right? ;P)

There's definitely a few things that would leave a super bad taste in my mouth and question whether I want to finish the series, though.

-Littlefinger not suffering some kind of takedown/continuing to be super creeper master manipulator with no real setbacks ever~~

-Along a similar lines, Sansa actually succumbing to her possible Stockholm Syndrome-like symptoms and entering a ""consensual"" relationship with Baelish. eugh eughhhgh grosss

-Too many more fakeout soap opera-style deaths. Enough is enough.

- Arya losing her personality because of this Faceless Man business

- Any more concentrated misery/torture for Theon, or a pointless/cruel death

- The dragons being an uncontested instant win button (whoops!)

also it would kind of suck if the ending was ultimately a grimdark "winter/the Others kills everyone/totally decimates society because of all the petty squabbles keeping everyone busy, deep huh?? well, the end" kind of affair.

It's gonna be sad seeing so many books burn.

Hahaha. Your username makes this post even better.

Archived