Is the Lannister Brightroar forever lost?

redguy1

So I know the Lannisters used to have a valyrian steel blade, but was lost somewhere near or in the smoking sea. It's referenced when tyrion remembers his lost uncle gerion. Yah it may be lost forever, but what if it was found. It has immeasurable value. Most families will sell their daughters before they sell their valyrian steel. For all we know it is already found and somebody is hiding it away. so many unknowns. so what i want to know are the answers to these few questions.

Will it play a role in the future of the books?

(Caution: Crackpot theory) For all we know it could be found and turned into the real lightbringer.

Will Gerion make an appearance or is he just as dead as the rumors say?

it would be awesome for him and tyrion to reunite since he is tyrion's favorite uncle.

After this happened, why would any lord leave their lands with Valyrian Blades?

Its something to be protected if its so rare, even enough to not protect your life with it. The Starks lost Ice because of the stupid decision.

Lastly, How much would the lannister's have paid for it if it was recovered?

IDK, if it was Tywin he would have made a small offer for it, and if the person didnt hand it over he would have sent an army to kill him and all his family.

Whats your opinion?

1. Why would it? It's just another Valyrian Sword.

2. Is he dead? Maybe, maybe not. If we go into Valyria, we might find him. I feel as though Gerion would be distraught to find Tyrion as-is however...

3. Why would they need to? If the Others come, I think they'll be concerned with more than their glorified butter knives (has anyone ever been confirmed to use actual Valyrian steel in battle? That only time we've seen it in action was when Ned was executing criminals...)

4. He's offered ludicrous amounts of gold to various houses for their Valyrian Steel swords. None have taken the offer. If it's found, he'll just go and claim it.

I think it's lost. I believe it's only significance in the story is that Tywin had Ice melted down so House Lannister could replace Brightroar and have a(2) Valyrian blade(s). It would be cool if Gerion turned up alive though!

1. Why would it? It's just another Valyrian Sword.

2. Is he dead? Maybe, maybe not. If we go into Valyria, we might find him. I feel as though Gerion would be distraught to find Tyrion as-is however...

3. Why would they need to? If the Others come, I think they'll be concerned with more than their glorified butter knives (has anyone ever been confirmed to use actual Valyrian steel in battle? That only time we've seen it in action was when Ned was executing criminals...)

4. He's offered ludicrous amounts of gold to various houses for their Valyrian Steel swords. None have taken the offer. If it's found, he'll just go and claim it.

the "1." comment:

its one of the few valyrian steel blades in Essos and the ruins of Valyria are on the sea route fo dany to get back to westeros, maybe she pulls another stunt others think she is crazy for and revisits her ancestors ruins.

The "3." comment:

Brienne used a valyrian blade to kill a group of guys in AFFC.

the "1." comment:

its one of the few valyrian steel blades in Essos and the ruins of Valyria are on the sea route fo dany to get back to westeros, maybe she pulls another stunt others think she is crazy for and revisits her ancestors ruins.

If I remember correctly, Valyrian Steel is far rarer in Westeros than it is in the Free Cities. The Qohoriks have even found a way to reforge Valyrian Steel.

The "3." comment:

Brienne used a valyrian blade to kill a group of guys in AFFC.

Doesn't change the fact that 99% of people, especially lords, either use it as decoration or a glorified butter knife.

It would be a little ironic if it did come back.

The lannisters have spent years trying to get a new sword to no avail, Tywin then makes two by reforging Ice, then in walks brightroar.

I doubt it will come back, theres not much a purpose for it.

Unless dragonsteel is valyrian steel, and someone just happens to turn up with enough swords to arm the Nights Watch. Would be a bit convenient though.

Well Jon has used Longclaw in combat and that seems to dispatch folk pretty nicely... RiP Halfhand!

If I remember correctly, Valyrian Steel is far rarer in Westeros than it is in the Free Cities. The Qohoriks have even found a way to reforge Valyrian Steel.

Doesn't change the fact that 99% of people, especially lords, either use it as decoration or a glorified butter knife.

The Ned used his, Randall Tarly uses his, Jon uses his, Lyn Corbray uses his, Brienne uses Jaime's, Bloodraven used Dark Sister, Daemon Blackfyre used Blackfyre.... Are their any instances that we know of where a Westerosi noble doesn't use a valyrian blade if they have one?

(has anyone ever been confirmed to use actual Valyrian steel in battle? That only time we've seen it in action was when Ned was executing criminals...)

What're you talking about. Have you ever heard of a guy named Jon Snow?

He used longclaw for like, the majority of the series

(has anyone ever been confirmed to use actual Valyrian steel in battle? That only time we've seen it in action was when Ned was executing criminals...)

Didn't Brienne slay Rorge with Oathkeeper?

I don't really think the sword will come back. But it'd be pretty cool if it does and it turns out to be lightbringer. Or like, turns into lightbringer somehow i guess. Lightbringer Its a pretty big part of the AAR prohecy, and we've yet to see it, so who knows where/ how it will show up.

Hasn't anyone read the appendices? If you look at all the dead characters they have brackets around their names. In Feast for Crows after he was presumably killed [ser Gregor Clegane] did not have brackets around his name. Then we meet Ser Robert Strong.

Gerion Lannister had brackets around his name until ADWD, when they were mysteriously absent.

I'm not making any bold predictions here, but I find it rather odd to have his name be in brackets for four books and then remove them ... seems like foreshadowing to me.

Hasn't anyone read the appendices? If you look at all the dead characters they have brackets around their names. In Feast for Crows after he was presumably killed [ser Gregor Clegane] did not have brackets around his name. Then we meet Ser Robert Strong.

Gerion Lannister had brackets around his name until ADWD, when they were mysteriously absent.

I'm not making any bold predictions here, but I find it rather odd to have his name be in brackets for four books and then remove them ... seems like foreshadowing to me.

Possible grammatical error?

So I know the Lannisters used to have a valyrian steel blade, but was lost somewhere near or in the smoking sea. It's referenced when tyrion remembers his lost uncle gerion. Yah it may be lost forever, but what if it was found. It has immeasurable value. Most families will sell their daughters before they sell their valyrian steel. For all we know it is already found and somebody is hiding it away. so many unknowns. so what i want to know are the answers to these few questions.

Will it play a role in the future of the books?

(Caution: Crackpot theory) For all we know it could be found and turned into the real lightbringer.

Will Gerion make an appearance or is he just as dead as the rumors say?

it would be awesome for him and tyrion to reunite since he is tyrion's favorite uncle.

After this happened, why would any lord leave their lands with Valyrian Blades?

Its something to be protected if its so rare, even enough to not protect your life with it. The Starks lost Ice because of the stupid decision.

Lastly, How much would the lannister's have paid for it if it was recovered?

IDK, if it was Tywin he would have made a small offer for it, and if the person didnt hand it over he would have sent an army to kill him and all his family.

Whats your opinion?

The way the story played out if the Starks left Ice at Winterfell they would likely have lost Ice to the Iron Born anyway. If not the Boltons likely would have tried to keep it but they wouldn't have tried to reforge it. Tywins decision to destroy it and have it reforged only showed everyone how petty and small he was inside, remember at this time he had every reason to believe Tyrion would have a Stark heir with Sansa but he chose to do something that didn't sit right with anyone. Even causing Sansa to drop her act momentarily and ask 'What did you do to my father's sword?' When Ser Arthur Dayne died Ned went out of his way to return Dawn to the Daynes. Friend or foe very few houses in Westeros would destroy a sword that way. Steal it, sure. Destroy it, probably not.

As for the Lannister family sword I doubt it turns up. Although it would be ironic for it to turn up in Tyrion's posession only to have him turn it over to the Starks as restitution for Ice.

Archived