Who is the most underrated character in the series?

Beric Dondarrion, Doran Martell and Varys.

All three are characters that I love, find intrigueing and compelling and/or love their arcs, none of which are given enough respect on the forums IMO, especially Doran.

I'm not really sure how "underrated" is defined, but I'm going to assume by how much attention (or lack thereof) the characters receive from forum members. I agree that aforementioned Doran, Beric, and Meera are vastly underrated. I also think Asha and Lancel are underrated. I rarely see Asha threads, and I think Lancel's story is quite fascinating and he has a pivotal role to play in at least the next book.

Agree about Meera Reed and Doran Martell. Also some of my favourite bit parters would have to be: Garlan Tyrell (best Tyrell by a long long long way!) Hot Pie (for his name alone...) and Gendry, and some of the more minor watchmen and wildlings....Hama Dogshead and the guy called the Great Walrus or something? (probably should have been named Iam, but hey...) i also think that Grenn and Pyp are often overlooked in the (rightful) adoration of the phenomenom that is Edd Tollett...but are almost as funny. Then there's Cleos Frey, because the Jaime and Brienne roadshow needed a straightman, Shagga son of Dolf, but my most favourite underrated character ever? Jorah Mormont...

YESS Jorah was my second pick, he's always trying his best for Daenerys and I feel bad that she keeps rejecting him :'( also I love love love the dynamic between Grenn and Pyp

Victarion or Arianne. I know everyone loves Daenerys, Sansa and Catelyn, but Arianne is another strong female character that still looks to succeed and work around the role of women in Westerosi society, and does not get enough appreciation IMHO. Victarion is a total BAMF, and it's unfair to write him off as a dumb Viking. The guy is a very human character, despite his violence, and his confidence that Daenerys will accept him is oddly endearing.

Maesters Aemon and Luwin don't get nearly as much love as they deserve. Along with Meera Reed and Osha, who rarely get any credit to begin with.

Yeah, I love all of these guys

Also Dickon Manwoody

Well, his name just speaks for itself, doesn't it. Although speaking of Dickons, Dickon Tarly gets mega points from me for informing Randyll of the plot to deflower Brienne before it went too far. Dick Crabbe is wonderful as well

I'm a huge fan of Daven Lannister too, he's just great

How has no one mentioned Puddles yet! I know he gets a lot of love on the forum, but in the books his peacekeeping mission is completely ignored and he was butchered by a fat kid! Poor Puddles :crying:

Archived