What do we think happened to Loras?

Southron Khaleesi

Oh? Did they have any idea who the third party would be and why??

I think the Golden Company was mentioned, but I don't really remember

If the evidence against her is so weak she isn't even being held the Tyrells probably feel they can win the trial. Plus she is safe with a Tyrell army at her back should things not go her way.

GRRM can say otherwise about how it turns out obviously though.

Yes, but that was later. At first in aFfC everyone was freaking out and Margaery wanted a trial by battle

But yeah, I think Mace is being way too confident because he doesn't know what kind of psycho the High Septon really is

I think it's one of two things:

1. They found "something" on Dragonstone that they don't want Cersei to know about and are using the injury to bide their time.

2. Loras is actually on the other side of the country fighting the ironborn and the injury is a ruse to keep people from noticing that he's missing.

Loras injured on Dragonstone reminds me far too much of Davos's severed head at White Harbor. Off-page, super sketchy and seems way too similar to what Cersei wants to hear.

Yep I agree with it being like Davos at white Harbour,as I was reading it I just never really believed it,maybe wishful thinking on my part but the bit where Cersie is under arrest of the High Sparrow there's a bit where one of the Septons is about to let on about Loras and the other one shuts her up,this to me backed my original disbelief in the story of him being on deaths door.

As to where he is and what he's up to I could not say,could he be on a mission to avenge Renlys death,going after the Red priestess say?

He has found a dragon on dragonstone, and is training it.

We are supposedly gearing up for the SECOND dance of the dragons. However the FIRST dance of the dragons was a war with multiple dragons - and dragonriders - on both sides of the conflict.

So if GRRM is gearing up for a second such dragon-war, he's probably going to need more than just Dany's dragons. Loras is already poised to make a surprise appearance on a dragon, when GRRM needs him.

He has found a dragon on dragonstone, and is training it.

We are supposedly gearing up for the SECOND dance of the dragons. However the FIRST dance of the dragons was a war with multiple dragons - and dragonriders - on both sides of the conflict.

So if GRRM is gearing up for a second such dragon-war, he's probably going to need more than just Dany's dragons. Loras is already poised to make a surprise appearance on a dragon, when GRRM needs him.

Please I hope this isn't the case,Loras riding a Dragon is a bit too much for me,someone did recently mention Ser Gregor cutting off the head of Loras horse as foreshadowing him doing this to A Dragon though.

50/50. He could be honestly dying. Or he could be headed back to KL to help Margaery and Tyrell interests generally from behind the scenes, and the story of his injuries and imminent death is to snow Cersei. It won't have to last too long. The Tyrells think Margaery should win her trial - they probably know there will be some attempt to tip the scales, but think good of their chances to win that game - and also probably figure good odds on Cersei losing hers. But Varys is still at work behind the scenes, and he's on the Targs' side, which means against the Tyrells for now. Unless he can turn them, which he might, but as things stand, Loras, possibly at the suggestion of Olenna or someone else in his family with brains, could be setting up to operate as an ace in the hole.

Yep I agree with it being like Davos at white Harbour,as I was reading it I just never really believed it,maybe wishful thinking on my part but the bit where Cersie is under arrest of the High Sparrow there's a bit where one of the Septons is about to let on about Loras and the other one shuts her up,this to me backed my original disbelief in the story of him being on deaths door.

As to where he is and what he's up to I could not say,could he be on a mission to avenge Renlys death,going after the Red priestess say?

Now this would make sense. We know Loras' feelings for Renly are extremely strong, and if he learned something on Dragonstone - perhaps something that allowed him to put together exactly how Renly died - he might get emotional enough to leave his sister behind and go North for some revenge. Indeed, I'd say his love for Renly is the only thing in his heart that is strong enough to compete with Margaery.

Quoting a relevant passage out of the imo brilliant Grand Tyrell Conspiracy:

The next we see of Cersei she is depressed by the grey weather until Aurane Waters arrives. (pg 529) The ship comes in on the evening tide and it appears that Waters has reported directly to Cersei. He tells of the capture of Dragonstone and the fall of Loras. This is important because if Cersei asks Loras to defend her in trial by combat, he cannot refuse. However there is nothing against his oath in refusing a request that is never made. Cersei has to believe that Loras is near death. There are no other witnesses to Waters’ report. Cersei takes on the task of telling Marge and the rest of her entourage. There are several witnesses to Cersei’s conversation with Marge. If it comes to be found out that Loras was not as badly injured as was reported the only one who can claim to have heard it from some other source than Cersei is Cersei. It will appear to have been a lie fabricated and propogated by her alone. She can claim that Waters told her, but Waters will be long gone.

Please I hope this isn't the case,Loras riding a Dragon is a bit too much for me

Do you object to the idea of Loras as dragonrider, or to te idea of dragonriders generally?

If not Loras, then who (besides Dany)?

A dragon-war needs canon-fodder. Which will be the first dragon-rider to die in the second Dance of the Dragons?

Do you object to the idea of Loras as dragonrider, or to te idea of dragonriders generally?

If not Loras, then who (besides Dany)?

A dragon-war needs canon-fodder. Which will be the first dragon-rider to die in the second Dance of the Dragons?

A bit of both really,I think Dany and her dragons are enough for the story to be honest and Loras is a Tyrell not a Targ,wasn't the Dance of Dragons between Targs?

I think it's one of two things:

1. They found "something" on Dragonstone that they don't want Cersei to know about and are using the injury to bide their time.

2. Loras is actually on the other side of the country fighting the ironborn and the injury is a ruse to keep people from noticing that he's missing.

Loras injured on Dragonstone reminds me far too much of Davos's severed head at White Harbor. Off-page, super sketchy and seems way too similar to what Cersei wants to hear.

Qyburn is no Varys, but waters came with a ship full of sailors...He would have found out the truth someway.

Archived