Stanis and north

BerserkZR

You mean the same guy who fled to Dragonstone rather than stay in KL and warn Ned of all the shannanigans going on?

By the way, what makes you think Northmen are as honorable as Ned? Roose's betrayal, Frey pies, Umbers playing both sides, ect.

They're marching on Winterfell to save The Ned's little girl, they all know Ned wouldn't turn on Stannis.

If that was true or if that actually mattered they would have declared for Stannis and not independence at the end of GoT.

Back then Stannis hasn't send the message about Twincest yet, and he didn't even proclaim himself King. He could have been supporting Renly for all they knew.

it's about facing the elements where one side is fine, the other is getting demolished, and their help isn't be asked for or given freely. I think it speaks volumes as to how tumultuous the relationship is. I could be wrong, but I think the parallels are there on purpose.

But it is not surprising that the Northerners are simply better prepared for the winter than the southerners. The latter can't me mad for not receiving a "How to survive a long march during winter"-guide. Let me ask, what behavior would have indicated the Clansmen being truly loyal to Stannis?

Do you think they would willingly subject themselves to the throne that unjustly executed 2 lords of Winterfell in the last 20 years? Stannis only offers them anything until they have a Stark. Once they have a Stark, they won't rally around Stannis anymore. Joining with the South has gained them nothing and in the very recent past, cost them much.

As Stannis would say. Its not the Throne that makes the King, but the man. Stannis offers them justice for the past crimes of the Throne.

However, I do see your point (and those of the two quoted below this). I think the Mountain Clans are true, and its mostly them I was referring too, as for them its all about "The Ned" and they never stirred for Robb or declared for him with ther others. Manderly might be as good as his word. I could see a scenario where The North are attempting to play their own game, but if they are I think (a thought with some hope) that the Clans wouldnt like it. The honour of the North is questionable but the Clans seem to hold Ned in too high esteem to pull that shit.

The Mountain Clans and Mormonts think enough of Jon Snow to follow the guy he sent to Deepwood Motte. Wyman Manderly (the guy currently sacrificing himself) vowed to follow Stannis, if Davos brings him back his liege lord (Bran, not Rickon). And he played the wordgame before.

The North keeps its options open. It will be up to the Stark in Winterfell to decide whether he'd be Lord Paramount or King in the North. The Northmen can do both without breaking any promises.

As I said above, feasible.

You mean the same guy who fled to Dragonstone rather than stay in KL and warn Ned of all the shannanigans going on?

By the way, what makes you think Northmen are as honorable as Ned? Roose's betrayal, Frey pies, Umbers playing both sides, ect.

Stay in KL and die while no one would believe him? Great plan, that.

As to the rest, ya I agree. The Mountain Clans and possibly Mormonts are a wild-card in any potential GNC.

The thing that gets me though is people seem to think the North betraying Stannis is a good thing. Even if I still felt the same about Stannis as I did during Clash and early Storm, I'd still lose a lot of respect for North if they pulled this. If you dont want to declare for the man then fine, I can respect that, but dont follow him into war, or demand he execute Theon Greyjoy, clean up your own mess. If Manderly pulls a fast one, then Davos has every right to finish what Ser Stupid started on him.

On the other hand, the North knows that Stannis has the Iron Bank in his corner. Big game changer that could be.

Archived