How would Balon Swann's death affect House Swann?

Heyo Winter Comin'

Ok so a lot of people are pegging that Balon Swann has essentially been set up to die by Doran in his pursuit of Darkstar, with Darkstar also pegged as the most likely informant for Doran in Arianne's camp. Now if Darkstar has been tasked with helping Dorne enter the war and kills Balon, then what will that mean for House Swann and the Marcher Lords? Guilian Swann claimed ill health and kept his sons in both camps in the WOT5K, and it seems that the Marcher lords actually held back most of their strength. But now that Aegon has landed in the Stormlands and wishes to gather men to his cause, how will the Marcher Lords react to Aegon's Dornish allies killing the second son of their premier house, especially it Darkstar is made a member of Aegon's KG to lend his cause further legitimacy as a Dayne KG?

Seeing as the Tyrell-Lannister alliance is quickly crumbling, but still has a nominal Baratheon figurehead, and Stannis remains in the game, could this mean that the Marcher Lords will refuse to rise for Aegon, and possibly the other Stormlords, if it means both fighting a real pr nominal Baratheon and the affront of Aegon condoning Darkstar's actions?

And does this all mean that Aegon might not have a smooth ascension as he could have hoped for? Do his elephants signify that like Hannibal, he will initially gain a strong position but fail to capitalise on it?

Doran is trying to have Darkstar captured and punished, and so if Darkstar kills Swann, I doubt Lord Swann will take it out on the Martells since they have separated themselves from Darkstar.

I don't think Darkstar will kill Swann anyway.

If, god forbid, Darkstar kills Swann, I don't really know if it'll effect the House. Lord Gulian may be sad for his sons death, but remember, Balon is one of the KG. He is sworn to the King now, not House Swann. If Lord Gulian's heir Donnel was killed, that might cause controversy. But I doubt Lord Gulian would do anything as rash as taking up arms against the Martells or anyone, seeing as Balon was serving the King.

And, as FE said, if the Martells make it seem like Darkstar is a rouge or an outlaw, then there is no one to blame but Darkstar.

Archived