(tPatQ SPOILERS) Dragon Lore

OberynBlackfyre

So upon reading (finally) "Dangerous Women", I first off have to say that anyone who is wanting to see dragons in action over Westeros, read this novella!!! So full of dragon flames, dragon versus dragon, and those who would try and be dragon slayers.

However, what we see in this is there appears to be no use of dragon horns, or from we can see any "magical" bonding from rider to dragon. The most control we see, is with a whip. So I think the whole idea of having to have a horn, or conducting some sort of blood ritual is no longer the chase. This is not saying the horn will not work, just that you do not have to have a horn to tame a dragon.

Dragons can have multiple riders, and all those riders do NOT need to be pure Valyrian descent. the story is full of people with hints of dragon blood, and bastards that many people called "seeds". Mostly found on Dragonstone. Yet it was also somewhat proven that you may not even need the blood to actually ride the dragon, however just be patient, fearless, and see how the dragon acts.

That also being said, it is NOT easy to try and tame a dragon. Rhaenyra Targaryen tried to obtain more dragon riders by re-taming some of the dragons on dragonstone. Even for ONE dragon, it killed 16 people, and wounded many, many more before a rider was found.

One dragon is NOT like a nuke, to a certain extent. Dragons have to be trained and battle hardened like any other war mount. They ARE capable of being brought down by crossbows and trebuchets, etc. However, there was a couple of instances in which one dragon did completely turn the tide of battle.

Dragon V dragon battles usually come down to size, ferocity, and cunning. This is not to say the biggest dragon always wins, as proven in the novela when Prince Aemond was riding Vhagar, whilst Prince Daemon rode a dragon half the size, it ended in both the death of the dragons, and the riders.

With Dany's dragons being only 3, and even then still fairly young, this story doesn't make me feel like her dragons are so much more of an "upper hand" especially if one dies, or gets taken away, etc.

With Dany's dragons being only 3, and even then still fairly young, this story doesn't make me feel like her dragons are so much more of an "upper hand" especially if one dies, or gets taken away, etc.

Well if they're not facing other dragons, but soldiers who have never seen one before I think they'd be a huge advantage. What modern Westerosi army wouldn't break and run at the sight of a dragon leading the enemy troops? Not to mention the PR value, especially if it comes down to her vs. Aegon.

Archived