Help Crafting Suits

greensleeves

So I was poking around Kickstarter and noticed that a lot of the most popular projects were custom decks of playing cards. Then I thought, "It would be so awesome if there was an ASOIAF deck." (Besides the half-hearted, show-based HBO ones where only the face cards are customized and Cersei takes up two of those spots).

Since the content is already there (more than enough characters and fan-art), I'm thinking that I might just put some effort into it and get a few decks printed for my friends and I. Then the problem becomes editing down the characters. I'm thinking that the four suits should be Stark, Targaryen/Dany, Baratheon, and Lannister. For the Stark Suit I'm thinking something like:

A: direwolf seal

K: Ned

Q: Catelyn

J: Jon

10: Robb

9: Sansa

8: Arya

7: Bran

6: Rickon

5, 4, 3: Stark supporters and bannermen

2: Roose Bolton (because it would be nice to see him beaten)

How would you fill out these suits? What about the jokers?

If you don't like my 'suits', how would you fill out a suit with a faction of your choosing?

P.S. It would be awesome if someone who knew GRRM got permission and came up with one (or several) official decks. I think there would be a market.

Sounds like a great idea!

I think that jesters , such as Butterbumps, Moon Boy would be ideal for the jokers.

5, 4 and 3 could be Maester Luwin, Wylla Manderly and Benfred Tallheart.

Have considered to replace Baratheon woth Greyjoy or Martell?

I think that the Baratheon suit would be complicated. There is Robert, is surrounded by Lannisters, Renly who is surrounded by Tyrells and Stannis, who is the only one who has an actual court.

For jokers I would suggest the following contestants: Patchface, Moonboy, Dontos & Jinglebell. :)

ETA: :ninja: d. Also if you need some Stark supporters, I feel Rodrik Cassel is a must.

I think that jesters , such as Butterbumps, Moon Boy would be ideal for the jokers.

I think that the Baratheon suit would be complicated. There is Robert, is surrounded by Lannisters, Renly who is surrounded by Tyrells and Stannis, who is the only one who has an actual court.

Just use Stormland vassals, like Caron, Connington, Dondarrion Estermont, Selmy, Swann, Tarth, Trant, etc. There are definitely enough vassal lords mentioned in the books to flesh out the remaining 10 cards.

For jokers I would suggest the following contestants: Patchface, Moonboy, Dontos & Jinglebell. :)

ETA: :ninja: d. Also if you need some Stark supporters, I feel Rodrik Cassel is a must.

I can't believe I forgot about Luwin and Cassel. Thanks! Having the jesters as the jokers is also inspired.

The Baratheons are hard to organize, but they are also major. I kind of want Gendry, Dondarrion, Brienne, and Mels.

Should do a 104-card deck (8 suit), that way you can cover the major houses of all 7+1 Kingdoms.

That would be awesome.

Nice idea!

The Targs would be complicated too. Would you use Aerys as king? Or Aegon the Conqueror? Or another? Then if you use Dany as queen, where would Viserys and Rhaegar fit?

I like the older Targs better, so I would use them (Egg, Aemon, Baelor Breakspear, Bloodraven, Daemon, Alysanne, Shiera Seastar, Rhaenys, Visenya) but I have no idea what order to put them in.

If you do get them made you should come back to this thread and post pics :)

I can't believe I forgot about Luwin and Cassel. Thanks! Having the jesters as the jokers is also inspired.

Any jester would do I think, as long as it isn't Shagwell. Too creepy....

I want to ask a question of Baratheons, who are you planning to have as the King and Queen. If you choose Robert then you'll have to chose Cersei as queen but Cersei as queen would be better in Lannisters. Renly as king is always a wrong option. Stannis as a King would be well suited, he has a proper queen. He has a proper council too, which will make it easier for you to plan.

My Opinion on the Baratheon deck:
Ace: Stag Sigil- Ours is the Fury
King: Stannis Baratheon.
Queen: Selyse Baratheon.
Jack: Davos Seaworth.
10: Melisandre.
9: Shireen.
8: Edric Storm.
7: Brienne of Tarth(due to their Stag loyalty)
6: Gendry
5: Beric Dondarrion. (StormLord)
4: Axell Florent
3: Alester Florent
2: Rolland Storm
1 : Justin Massey
Joker: Patchface.

I want to ask a question of Baratheons, who are you planning to have as the King and Queen. If you choose Robert then you'll have to chose Cersei as queen but Cersei as queen would be better in Lannisters. Renly as king is always a wrong option. Stannis as a King would be well suited, he has a proper queen. He has a proper council too, which will make it easier for you to plan.

My Opinion on the Baratheon deck:

Ace: Stag Sigil- Ours is the Fury

King: Stannis Baratheon.

Queen: Selyse Baratheon.

Jack: Davos Seaworth.

10: Melisandre.

9: Shireen.

8: Edric Storm.

7: Brienne of Tarth(due to their Stag loyalty)

6: Gendry

5: Beric Dondarrion. (StormLord)

4: Axell Florent

3: Alester Florent

2: Rolland Storm

1 : Justin Massey

Joker: Patchface.

Well done :)

I like using the family sigil for the Aces, apply that to all suits.

For the 5, 4 and 3 on the Stark deck, I'd use Greatjon Umber, Wyman Manderly and Maege Mormont if it's bannermen you want, or you could put Rodrik Cassel and Maester Luwin in there somewhere.

Lannisters:

K: Tywin

Q: Cersei

J: Jaime

10: Tyrion

9: Joffrey

8: Myrcella

7: Tommen

6: Kevan

5: Lancel

4: Genna

3: Daven

2: Stafford (or the Hound, if you want the 2 to be someone who turned cloak against the House)

Archived