Is Sansa willingly poisoning Robert Arryn?

I say yes. I think she is trying to turn a blind eye towards what's going on, but she also has LF in her ear at all times. IN AFFC you can clearly see that she is taking on some of the mannerisms that LF has. She is looking at the big picture, and she knows that Sweet robin is pretty much doomed regardless.

No, it's not in a malicious hateful way, but she knows the end game.

Yes. I can agree with that. I think Sansa has been power hungry from the start and had an evil side to her before LF. She is self-absorbed with ideas of grandeur, ambivalent to the suffering of others, vain, and devoid of conscience. Uh... sociopath. Had her wishes came true, her and Joff's offspring would have been some evil little creatures.

No. Well, she knows that sweetsleep isn't exactly healthy, but no medicament is and Sweetrobin needs it not to fall off his mountain or to lose every chance of ever gaining the Vale's respect when he his carried upside down on a mule.

He's basically between a rock and a hard place. LF stresses the political dangers while Maester Colemon stresses the medical dangers. But both could be lethal. Sansa is inclined to rate the political dangers worse, thanks to her experiences. She chooses the lesser of two evils, judged according to her knowledge and experiences. She is not intentionally harming Sweetrobin.

No. Well, she knows that sweetsleep isn't exactly healthy, but no medicament is and Sweetrobin needs it not to fall off his mountain or to lose every chance of ever gaining the Vale's respect when he his carried upside down on a mule.

He's basically between a rock and a hard place. LF stresses the political dangers while Maester Colemon stresses the medical dangers. But both could be lethal. Sansa is inclined to rate the political dangers worse, thanks to her experiences. She chooses the lesser of two evils, judged according to her knowledge and experiences. She is not intentionally harming Sweetrobin.

If he is dead, his position won't matter, it's her political danger she chooses over his safety. So it's not a matter of she is trying to intentionally murder him, its that she doesn't care if he dies so long as her position isn't put in jeopardy.

I believe Sansa does not fully understand what she is doing, she has been told it's best for Sweet Robin and she has no medical preparation to stand up and say: "No this makes worse" "No, there are other choices" or "No this does not help".

Littlefinger will help her see the truth among the lies and the mummer faces, but he can't change her own heart.

If he is dead, his position won't matter, it's her political danger she chooses over his safety. So it's not a matter of she is trying to intentionally murder him, its that she doesn't care if he dies so long as her position isn't put in jeopardy.

That's quite harsh and actually not supported by the text. Sansa may err in judgement, but she does care about SR's survival, not only for political reasons..

That's quite harsh and actually not supported by the text. Sansa may err in judgement, but she does care about SR's survival, not only for political reasons..

Yea it kinda is supported. She is disgusted and irritated by him all the time. She has been advised by a Maester.

I believe Sansa does not fully understand what she is doing, she has been told it's best for Sweet Robin and she has no medical preparation to stand up and say: "No this makes worse" "No, there are other choices" or "No this does not help".

Littlefinger will help her see the truth among the lies and the mummer faces, but he can't change her own heart.

Sansa does not have a good heart. Go back and read that bit between her and Arya right before Ned tells them they are going back to Winterfell.

Ever since she had the butcher's boy Mycah cut in half I knew Sansa was a twisted, devious, cruel monster. However, I don't think that she intends to kill Robert Arryn with the sweetsleep. She's only using that until her contacts in Gulltown can get her something even more painful, like manticore's venom. The sublime pleasure of watching an eight-year old die is so rare -- she's going want to savor every second of it.

Does she know the lethal effects of sweetsleep ? If so then yes she is willingly poisoning him.

Not in detail. And every single medicament has side effects. Still, Sweetrobin needs medication.

Yea it kinda is supported. She is disgusted and irritated by him all the time. She has been advised by a Maester.

I'm disgusted by some children as well, doesn't mean that I murder them.

And the Maester comes around after she explained her reasoning. If it was truly too dangerous, he would have made a stand.

Well, Sansa and Colemon had a discussion on whether to give SR more sweetsleep, and they established that he showed no symptoms of overdosing - I think nosebleeds was what Colemon was worried about. So I'd say they made a medical assesment and came to the conclusion that it was OK for that situation, but shouldn't be used again in the near future. Can't see Sansa plotting murder, more like planning on making sure everybody survives the trip down the Eyrie.

Sansa does not have a good heart.

What about when she helped Lancel when he was hurt during the Battle of Blackwater? This is a man (term used lightly) who stood by and watched and possibly joined in the laughter as Joffrey had her stripped and beaten. And yet, she still finds it in her to help him. This to me seems like she has a good heart. In her position I would not help Lancel, and I like to think I'm not wholly evil in my heart. You can fault Sansa for several things, but not having a good heart is not one of them. She is one of the only truly morally good characters in the series.

Ever since she had the butcher's boy Mycah cut in half I knew Sansa was a twisted, devious, cruel monster. However, I don't think that she intends to kill Robert Arryn with the sweetsleep. She's only using that until her contacts in Gulltown can get her something even more painful, like manticore's venom. The sublime pleasure of watching an eight-year old die is so rare -- she's going want to savor every second of it.

Well he did attack Joff. She won't even notice him dying if there is a pretty boy in the room.

What about when she helped Lancel when he was hurt during the Battle of Blackwater? This is a man (term used lightly) who stood by and watched and possibly joined in the laughter as Joffrey had her stripped and beaten. And yet, she still finds it in her to help him. This to me seems like she has a good heart. In her position I would not help Lancel, and I like to think I'm not wholly evil in my heart. You can fault Sansa for several things, but not having a good heart is not one of them. She is one of the only truly morally good characters in the series.

Isn't Lancel a pretty boy?

That's why I hope she doesn't kill Sweetrobin, because kinslayers seem to meet horrible ends.

Archived