If you are a lannister then which is shortest way to travel to Qarth ?

naik2902

If u r a lannister and at lannisport and if u want to travel to Qarth and Asshai near the Jade Sea, the eastern most part of essos then which route will u use ??

Would u use any shortcut route like crossing the sunset sea across the west or would u sail on the same typical route taking the long round via arbor, dorne and old valyria ?? We all know that globe is spherical.

If u r a lannister and at lannisport and if u want to travel to Qarth and Asshai near the Jade Sea, the eastern most part of essos then which route will u use ??

Would u use any shortcut route like crossing the sunset sea across the west or would u sail on the same typical route taking the long round via arbor, dorne and old valyria ?? We all know that globe is spherical.

The globe is spherical but it's size is unknown. Did someone ever try to explore the North, try to pass the Lands of always winter? This could also be an alternative route.

I wonder if Gerion tried to go west and landed in Essos, Colombus style :D

Am i a (really really really) good sailor? If so, i'd go from Lannisport across the Sunset Sea, then to Asshai and then Qarth. I could probably pick some cool stuff up in Asshai that would, if i got it back to Lannisport, pay for the trip many times over and get me a nice place to stay in Qarth.

Who knows what's west of Westeros though, and whether or not it would be worth seeing if there's anything there. I guess it would also depend on if i had a family… if not, i could set up a colony in West-er-eros and live out my days without worrying about the oncoming winter.

But if i'm not a better sailor than everyone else who's attempted the trip, i'd take the standard route.

The typical route. For all we know it may be way shorter than daring sail west. Essos might be as big East of Asshai as it is west of Asshai (or bigger). And then we have Ulthos and perhaps more unknown Continents. I think anyone thinking it's a short way from western Westeros to Asshai sailing westwards is hugely mistaken.

Archived