Will House Greyjoy become extinct?

Lord of Dragonstone

Daario came back with the heads of the other captains, and raided the sewers didn't he? Plus just being the captain of a sellsword band is an acceptable way to become a bad-ass

Drogo had a 100k strong Khlasar, and was feared by the whole of Essos and never lost a battle, he died from black arts, something a martial warrior will always have problems against.

Vic, do you know of anyone else to beat Tywin in battle? Plus the MF'er kicks the shit out of a bunch of peeps in his first POV (NM the festering cut, more foreshadowing of a Drogo similarity?) and is widley respected in Westeros as a top-tier fighter. Who in the IB would take him on? He's commander of the IF because he's the best, not even Euron took that away from him.

The thing that makes Vic a badass is that he wears full plate armor, which means he'd no doubt drown if he went overboard. No on else wears that much armor, most wear very little armor in naval battles.

As for the Greyjoy line, I had never thought of, never paid much attention to the captain's daughter having a kid by Theon, if that happened and he was legitimized, then there might be a happy ending after all for Theon.

Daario came back with the heads of the other captains, and raided the sewers didn't he? Plus just being the captain of a sellsword band is an acceptable way to become a bad-ass

Drogo had a 100k strong Khlasar, and was feared by the whole of Essos and never lost a battle, he died from black arts, something a martial warrior will always have problems against.

Vic, do you know of anyone else to beat Tywin in battle? Plus the MF'er kicks the shit out of a bunch of peeps in his first POV (NM the festering cut, more foreshadowing of a Drogo similarity?) and is widley respected in Westeros as a top-tier fighter. Who in the IB would take him on? He's commander of the IF because he's the best, not even Euron took that away from him.

1. Off screen and thus we do not know if Daario used trickery to defeat them. Its not something to brag about. I don't remember if he raided the sewers or not, but Harry Strickland commands the GC and he's a coward so being a sellsword commander does not necessarily mean Daario is a badass.

2. It was before that. Drogo can't even handle pain correctly. Claims he needs no man help, but then leans on his khaleesi. Pseudo tough guy, acts tough on technicalities.

3. Do we even have the full story of the Lannisport thing that Victarion was a part of? Regardless, we know of several warriors in the IL who are considered better or were better than Vic, like Dagmer, Andreik, Qarl, Lorren and that's just the Ironborn. Really, I doubt Vic can take on the likes of Jaime, Sandor or Loras at their best. Big fish, small pond.

Curious, I guess I have nothing to go off, besides what the text says is so. Drogo showed weakness for his Khaleesi, this is true. It was also strongly pointed out that this was not in his character to do so, thus the whole blame of Dany for his death etc.... All we get about The Lannisport battle is that Vic did it, but Euron got credit, and where do they compare all those IB to VIc in the books? It is hard to argue opinions because, well, they are opinions, lets go off the text. I don't remember anything being said of Vic besides him being the top guy of the IB. And as far as knightly combat is concerned.... well the IB aren't knights (a couple but they don't really get any kudos for it). So set up a sea-fairing battle and Vic takes them all. Making that kinda like asking if Joe Montana or Babe Ruth was a better basketball player (who knows?) And Daario has about no backstory whatsoever, but the text leads us to beleive his a formidable combatant. However be it pseudo or not, I am glad someone else sees there could be some attraction from Dany towards Vic. So thanks for that much :cheers:

and where do they compare all those IB to VIc in the books?

Theon's third chapter in CoK... when he sees Dagmer for the first time since he was taken hostage by the Northmen.

Comparing the Ironborn between themselves matters little though, it is commonly know that even the puniest Ironborn warrior is worth ten men from the mainland.

You're right, I forgot the comparison in CoK, thank you much. And I spose my point was, if Dany is menstrating (sp?) at the end of DWD and she could possibly be attracted to Vic, then there is a chance that the Greyjoy line would continue. Sorry it got so off-topic

Edit: is fiercer necessarily better though? ( I can see how in IB culture it is... but perhaps a little wiley-ness too?)

What if, after this whole Euron business is over, the Kingsmoot tradition were to evolve into a more legit democracy? Then rule by genetics would cease and Westeros (or at least the iron islands) would be closer to modernization, a nice contrast from the ridiculously outdated old way. Of course, as a staunch Theon supporter, I'd love to see him sit the seastone chair.

I would think (paying no attention to my user tag) that the Greyjoys will endure. As far as the Dany thing. Am I the only one who sees Vic as her "type"? I mean' he's practically a Drogo of the sea... Nothing but bad-assery and a flaming arm now.... His "Ima kick me some ass, save the princess, make her my wife, and such is the way of it" mentality seems to go hand-in-hand with the guys Dany has taken to... just a thought, maybe it could happen? lest us not forget he has a way to Westeros for her as well.

I am of the opinion that Daenerys doesn't have a type. She was sold against her will to one warrior, and chose another willingly because he was pretty. Can hardly call warrior men her type.

Archived