Talk about Stannis Baratheon(and then perform your duties in a leal and puissant manner)

E-Ro

I dont think he will grow as Big as Balerion. But looking at how quickly Drogon has grown in just 2 years I think it kind of follows these graphs, also GRRM said the 5 year gap was mainly for the dragons to grow.

Do you have a quote for that?

I've have seen quite a few posters say that.

I've never read that from GRRM, as far as I'm aware. I thought he said it was for the kids to grow: Dany, Arya, Bran, Rickon, even Jon and Sansa, I suppose.

ETA: Primarily, at least.

ok ok, I get why E Ro hates me, but what did I ever do to you!?!

I think it's self explanatory really. My anti butterball campaign is catching on. Your days are numbered brah brah, can't say I'll miss you.

Danys main issue is going to be re gaining control of Mereen, she has the Unsullied and the possibility of a Dothraki Khalasar, plus I could potentially see the Tyrells ditching their alliance with the Lannisters for one of tha Targaryen claimants, also the Dragons of old survived the Winters and presumably were still effective, I think it depends how severely snow affects them which is something we can only speculate on at the moment, it could well only be Storms/Lightning that causes issues for them.

I don't think the tyrells are jumping ship to dany. At most they will ditch the lannisters for faegon. No way they go to dany.

I don't doubt that dragons survived winters. What I wonder is how combat affective are they in winter? Especially considering weather can have an adverse affect on them.

It's possible it's just storms that mess with them, we don't know. But I'm inclined to think "fire made flesh" would be more adversely affected by the cold.

I like how the assumption is that Proudwing was "nursed" at this "special secret place." The text points toward the conclusion that this "special place" was a miniature Dreadfort of his own deranged construction, where he subjected the now-wingless hawk to further despicable torment and negation of avian-hood where "Weak the Wingless" learned her new name. Weak, Weak, it rhymes with "Stannis is a jerk."

:wideeyed:

Here's what's going to happen: All will seem lost, Stannis will have become isolated, staring down all three of Dany's dragons without an avenue of escape. Believing all truly lost, he'll think of Davos and Shireen. Naturally, he'll grit his teeth. Then, seemingly from nowhere, he'll hear a piercing 'caw' followed by the sight of a light brownish blur. "Proudwing, you've learned to soar!" he'll say as recognition comes to him and he sheds a single manly tear. Proudwing will claw the dragons eyes out, blinding them all. This will allow Stannis the time pull the Sword of Gryffindor from the Sorting Hat and slay the sightless dragons.

Here's what's going to happen: All will seem lost, Stannis will have become isolated, staring down all three of Dany's dragons without an avenue of escape. Believing all truly lost, he'll think of Davos and Shireen. Naturally, he'll grit his teeth. Then, seemingly from nowhere, he'll hear a piercing 'caw' followed by the sight of a light brownish blur. "Proudwing, you've learned to soar!" he'll say as recognition comes to him and he sheds a single manly tear. Proudwing will claw the dragons eyes out, blinding them all. This will allow Stannis the time pull the Sword of Gryffindor from the Sorting Hat and slay the sightless dragons.

Brilliant, truly brilliant! You've outdone yourself once more. The only thing you missed off was what happens after the dragons have been slain. Davos and Proudwing return to Davos and Shireen and they walk off into the sunset as this plays in the background.

I've never read that from GRRM, as far as I'm aware. I thought he said it was for the kids to grow: Dany, Arya, Bran, Rickon, even Jon and Sansa, I suppose.

ETA: Primarily, at least.

Back at the Philadelphia Worldcon (which seems a million years ago), I announced the famous five-year gap: I was going to skip five years forward in the story, to allow some of the younger characters to grow older and the dragons to grow larger, and for various other reasons. -GRRM

Excellence. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nah, they will go mad with rage, blindly spew fire everywhere, roasting Daenerys and her menagerie of freaks.

Eh, it's possible but I see it more like this.

Stannis and dany eye each other from across a snow swept field. Their armies preparing to face off. Stannis with the vale, remnants of the riverlands, the houses from the stormlands and dragonstone, and aye even a few Northmen vs dany with an evil horde of unsullied, dothraki, and freedmen. Dany sits upon drogon a back. As the two armies clash the westerosi advantages of armor, pole weapons, and pike formations take a huge toll on dany stag tag army. Seeing this she prepares drogon to take flight, Dracarys! She screams. Drogon flaps his wings repeatedly but nothing happens. Stannis' van has cut through her dothraki and is heading for her. In a fit if terror she screams for dragon to do something, anything! Bit he can't, he can't fly. As the knights draw closer dany panicks jumps from drogons back and runs. Seeing this her dothraki and freedmen break too. Her unsullied, looking on as the rest of their allies flee grit their teeth and continue the fight, slowly but surely being surrounded and killed. Without dany around to control him, drogon stomps off into the woods.

The end.

Back at the Philadelphia Worldcon (which seems a million years ago), I announced the famous five-year gap: I was going to skip five years forward in the story, to allow some of the younger characters to grow older and the dragons to grow larger, and for various other reasons. -GRRM

Thanks. :)

The end.

I like how you added this part. It really completes the story.

Eh, it's possible but I see it more like this.

Stannis and dany eye each other from across a snow swept field. Their armies preparing to face off. Stannis with the vale, remnants of the riverlands, the houses from the stormlands and dragonstone, and aye even a few Northmen vs dany with an evil horde of unsullied, dothraki, and freedmen. Dany sits upon drogon a back. As the two armies clash the westerosi advantages of armor, pole weapons, and pike formations take a huge toll on dany stag tag army. Seeing this she prepares drogon to take flight, Dracarys! She screams. Drogon flaps his wings repeatedly but nothing happens. Stannis' van has cut through her dothraki and is heading for her. In a fit if terror she screams for dragon to do something, anything! Bit he can't, he can't fly. As the knights draw closer dany panicks jumps from drogons back and runs. Seeing this her dothraki and freedmen break too. Her unsullied, looking on as the rest of their allies flee grit their teeth and continue the fight, slowly but surely being surrounded and killed. Without dany around to control him, drogon stomps off into the woods.

The end.

Wow brah. Maybe instead you should just join up with Stannis and slay Dany with poor grammar and spelling. She won't stand a chance.

I like how you added this part. It really completes the story.

I agree. That poetic and original touch really gave me a sense of closure.

Wow brah. Maybe instead you should just join up with Stannis and slay Dany with poor grammar and spelling. She won't stand a chance.

You know what brah? I don't like your attitude. Besides, I'm phone posting you clown, let's see you come up with these innovative predictions from a phone!

You know what brah? I don't like your attitude. Besides, I'm phone posting you clown, let's see you come up with these innovative predictions from a phone!

Dude, I've seen you post using a keyboard, it's not the phone. lol

Back on topic-ish:

If Dany's dragons are able to go around curb-stomping everything in their path it doesn't bode well for drama or narrative. You don't compare something to a WMD if you intend its use to be benign, even to the user. Regardless, I think it's unlikely that Stannis will ever come into contact with the dragons, and if he does, and they strike him down, he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

I like how the assumption is that Proudwing was "nursed" at this "special secret place." The text points toward the conclusion that this "special place" was a miniature Dreadfort of his own deranged construction, where he subjected the now-wingless hawk to further despicable torment and negation of avian-hood where "Weak the Wingless" learned her new name. Weak, Weak, it rhymes with "Stannis is a jerk."

:lol: .. :o :worried: .. :thumbsup:

But, Stannis is a Slytherpuff! :P Nevertheless, :bowdown:

Archived