I wish Viggo was in the show

rmd

Him as Victarion would be great

(tWoW)

for the Battle for Meereen. I feel like they could have Barristan go full out Theoden, King of Rohan, with his calvary attack. And then Victarion shows up with the surprise arrival of a fleet and goes full out Aragorn to save the city.

I feel like he might be a bit too old though now.

hes to expensive

What do you have to back up that claim? He hasn't that many major starring roles in the last few years, except a Cronenberg movie and some indie film in Argentina. There's always a chance he might really like the role and decide to be flexible.

Am I the only one who recognizes Viggo more for his brilliant work in gritty dramas like A History of Violence, Eastern Promises, and The Road than for his forgettable role in the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Damn the internet.

Not at all! In fact, that's my main objection to his getting caught up in GOT - how would he ever have time to make more films with Cronenberg?? Admittedly A Dangerous Method wasn't great, but that's all the more reason for them to make another, better one.

It's probably not that he's too expensive, maybe he doesn't want to act any more. He's a bit of a tripper, maybe he's too busy writing poetry and saving endangered tribes people in the congo.

Probably he is, but he's still acting. He has something that looks good coming out in a few months, I think.

On the contrary, A Dangerous Method was great. I support Viggo doing more Cronenberg flicks, GoT can find other suitable actors.

Well, I'm glad somebody liked it. I probably would have a little more myself, if it weren't for Kiera Knightly's o.t.t convulsive movements and endlessly open-jawed facial expressions. If that was Spielrien I'd hate to think what they'd have made of some of Freud's other patients.

Sadly, Cronenberg has stated that the movie's "dead" because of the higher-ups at Focus Features

What a pity.

Sadly, Cronenberg has stated that the movie's "dead" because of the higher-ups at Focus Features

Not completely. Steven Wright, who wrote EP, said this in an interview Sept 2013:

Is Eastern Promises 2 out of the question at this point?

No! It’s very in the question. Yeah, because we’ve had a bit of a dance in terms of how we’re going to it, but it’s looking better now than it has for a while, and the script’s written, and I feel it’s one of the best things I’ve ever written. I think it’s better than the first one, in my opinion. We’re hoping, fingers crossed, that we can get it going sometime next year.

While I appreciate Viggo's skills as an actor, I prefer casting (mostly) relative unknowns in major roles. To me it helps keep up the suspension of disbelief a little better when I don't associate a face with other roles.

Sean Bean was fine and so suitable for Ned but that's about it.

Whenever I see Littlefinger I think of Carcetti from The Wire. Whenever I see Mance I think ... what horrible casting Hinds was for that role (even though he's a great actor). And of course Cersei which has been debated to death.

That's true to an extent, I agree ^^^. But with Viggo, he is often unrecognisable.

I never watched Hidalgo that thought 'There's Aragorn.' I never watched Eastern Promises and thought 'There's that cowboy from Hidalgo.' In fact, even watching Eastern Promises after a History of Violence, Viggo being the main character in each, with similar transformative issues and the same director, he was so different in both of those roles, he could have been a different actor.

Archived