[Book Spoilers] Golden Company in Season 4?

Ranbo

So I was watching the new production design video HBO posted recently and I noticed the famous golden skulls of the golden company (this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s6UDQCURAQ at 1:49)

Interesting. I have no idea how they will be used this season cause correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't really see the golden company in the books until JonCon and Aegon met them, and we certainly won't be getting to that this season.
What do you guys think? Maybe Davos will be sent to try to get them to join Stannis. Cause they have quite a bit of storyline to fill for Stannis before he gets to the wall in episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell I laughed in the special features of season 3 when Varys and Illyrio are talking. They start as a stage curtains are drawn. :)

It shows a red background and a black dragon.

Could just be a HBO slipup but that would be a brilliantly unintentional bit of foreshadowing.

To the OP- I think Varys schemes will be revealed in season 5. I don't think the GC will appear until after we have met Young Griff and Griff,

I doubt the Golden Company will feature with more than a mention in season 4, if that.

In related news, I was just watching Season 3's History and Lore of Robert's Rebellion, narrated by Varys and Littlefinger, and they made specific mention of Connington and the Battle of the Bells (though without naming either). Just thought its interesting that they're planting the seed, and arguably goes some way to dispelling the theory floated by some that Jon Connington would be cut from the show.

I doubt the Golden Company will feature with more than a mention in season 4, if that.

In related news, I was just watching Season 3's History and Lore of Robert's Rebellion, narrated by Varys and Littlefinger, and they made specific mention of Connington and the Battle of the Bells (though without naming either). Just thought its interesting that they're planting the seed, and arguably goes some way to dispelling the theory floated by some that Jon Connington would be cut from the show.

Did you also notice that the curtains when they opened was the Blackfyre sigil with red background and black dragon? :)

Cause they have quite a bit of storyline to fill for Stannis before he gets to the wall in episode.

Sadly, I don't think they intend to fill up that time at all though. Melisandre's actress recently said in an interview that we won't be seeming much of them this season :( Stannis going to see Tycho will probably be all, aside from some sailing and burning beforehand. I'm thankful for that at least though, or else we wouldn't see him like at allllll.

And I'll try stay on topic here; I don't really think those skulls are for the golden company. Idk I didn't really even think of them as gold actually :P

Archived