Forshadowing special (strong book spoilers)

Dunkz

So I had a couple of thoughts about the special last night.

Bronn will be training Jaime.

Ya drogon is there, but I don't think we will get a lot of dragon action.

They reveal that ygritte dies in the special when Sam is challenging Jon.

We see some Reek being Reek.

What thoughts/questions did you guys have?

They reveal that igrit dies in the special when Sam is challenging Jon.

I think that the conversation between Sam and Jon is referring to the incoming Wildling attack party from the South (of which Ygritte is a part of). Probably after they pillage Moletown. They're talking very much like she's alive and a threat, not that she's dead. I would guess that Sam is suggesting that Jon would be able to influence Ygritte to either infiltrate or turn against the other Wildlings and Jon's telling him that ship has already sailed.

I also noticed that we might get a hunt from Ramsey. We hear about a story of how reek builds a relationship with someone, they try escaping together, and Ramsey captures them and kills her, knowing the plan the whole time.

I hope this is the majority of season and the clip we see of reek being theon is towards the en of the season.

Yeah ramsay will be hunting the girl running threw the tunnel sobbing . As for his bed warmer myranda Who we she hunting with him I assume he will kill her while they are having sex, which explains the blood on his chest. Theon going to moat cailan will happen towards the end of the season .

It looks like they're going to have the Wildlings be raiding the North before they attack the wall so they're not going to be hanging around until e9.

They messed up the same way LOTR did and showed swords being made through casting instead of forging as well. It's a minor complaint but I'm an engineer so it bugs me.

It looks like they're going to have the Wildlings be raiding the North before they attack the wall so they're not going to be hanging around until e9.

They messed up the same way LOTR did and showed swords being made through casting instead of forging as well. It's a minor complaint but I'm an engineer so it bugs me.

I think you're referring to the uruk-hai "cleaver swords", which aren't really swords, so I have no problem with that. They did show the forging of Andúril though, which was nice

I think you're referring to the uruk-hai "cleaver swords", which aren't really swords, so I have no problem with that. They did show the forging of Andúril though, which was nice

They're not true swords but you still wouldn't be able to cast them, they'd shatter as soon as they'd hit anything. I get that they did it to show how industrious Saruman became but it still annoys me a bit. The forging of Anduril was nice as well.

Anyway, back to GoT. They're having the "I've been on trial my whole for being a dwarf" line and it looks like Jaime's giving Brienne some new armour as well as Oathkeeper.

They've been showing that boy played by Brennock O'Connor prominently in both the Mole's Town raid and later as Jon gives his speech about the wildlings "rolling over everything and everyone" from the trailer. He's also visible in a Night's Watch crowd shot from the production design vid. Something interesting that they could do, as well as having Jon act older brotherly to the kid (as he did to Bran and Arya), is have him teach the boy to shoot a bow and arrow (as he helped to do with Bran). Then, in ep. nine the kid could kill Ygritte, which would be poetic justice for her and the wildlings killing all those folks and likely his family.

Ideally, the Theon/ Ramsay arc goes something like this:

-Open with that scene of Ramsay/ Myranda having sex. Ramsay throws her into the dungeon, beats her, whatever.

-Reek and Myranda become friends, she talks about how awful Ramsay is.

-Myranda gets a plan to escape

-Ramsay shows Theon his "bitches," talks about how they are named

-Theon and Myranda escape

-Ramsay kills Myranda, flays some more of Reek

-Ramsay receives a letter from his father telling him to take Moat Cailin

-Ramsay sends Reek to treat with who he thinks is is uncle at Moat Cailin.

-When Theon arrives, we find out from Ralf Kenning that Victarion has left since Balon died.

-Theon gets the Ironborn to leave, Ramsay flays them all like the nice guy he is.

-Ideally in episode 10, after Arya flees to Braavos, Roose says something about Arya Stark marrying Ramsay in Winterfell.

This accomplishes a few things:

-It can be shown in 4-6 episodes, which will avoid some of the "way too much torture" stuff from S3.

-Depending on how the Theon/ Myranda conversation(s) go, we can get some excitement for where Theon will escape to (take Luwins advice and go to the Wall? Narrowly miss out on a reunion with Yara?)

-It allows the showrunners the ability to introduce a character (Victarion) that isn't shown on-screen that they ought to cast, (or take the Locke treatment to) in the future.

-It gives us more insight into Ramsay's evil. With no Joffrey left to hate, the audience will need someone to actively root against. Plus, it makes the impending Arya marriage (that won't be revealed as false until the next season)

-It makes the fake Arya story more believable for the viewing audience. and will make them excited for what goes on in Winterfell in S5.

-It allows the events in the North for S5 to be really tight, and to get through the remaining ADWD material, provided that also:

---Stannis captures Yara this season. This appears likely, since the trailers show Melisandre talking to someone who looks like Yara.

---Rickon leaves Last Hearth for Skagos (or Skagos is replaced with Last Hearth). Assuming he leaves via White Harbor, the lack of Wex can be avoided and Manderly knowing his location will still be believable.

Working within my limited knowledge of the future plot of the books/ the direction the show wants to go, this seems like the best way to do the Reek stuff, and is how I'll expect it to go.

myranda and the girl who ramsay is hunting are two different girls. predictions based off footage we have. Ramsay reavles his true identify to reek and moves him to a cell with his bitches/ hounds. Ramsay lets a peasant girl escape into the forest . the next day he goes after her to hunt her for sport/ he takes his bed warmer myranda along with him for the fun. Ramsay catches up to the girl and she meets a grisly fate. Once they return to the dreadfort he has sex with myranda/ while having sex he kills her explaining the bold on his chest. Ramsay sends reek to moat Catlin to treat with the ironborn. Reek convinces them to surrender and ramsay betrays them and flays them. while their he meets up with roose, were the discuses his marriage to the fake arya.

From what I've gleaned of the trailer and this new featurette, the first two episodes will be very Jaime-heavy. Because Jaime already has his golden hand in his scene with Joff and Meryn Trant, that means he HAS to get it in ep. one or two, given that Joff dies in ep. 2. In the featurette when John Bradley was talking about Nikolaj being charismatic, they showed a clip of Jaime leaving a room with Tywin in it, smirking. He didn't have his gold hand yet here, he had the stump. So he will have some interaction with Tywin that makes him feel decent enough to leave smirking before he gets his gold hand from Qyburn, which will before he has his talk with Joff and Meryn Trant. As the PW ep. will give half of its screentime to the wedding, its probable that all of these scenes I've described will be in the premiere. These, along with likely scenes of reunion with his siblings, make for a lot of Jaime.

I think that the conversation between Sam and Jon is referring to the incoming Wildling attack party from the South (of which Ygritte is a part of). Probably after they pillage Moletown. They're talking very much like she's alive and a threat, not that she's dead. I would guess that Sam is suggesting that Jon would be able to influence Ygritte to either infiltrate or turn against the other Wildlings and Jon's telling him that ship has already sailed.

This is the way I took it as well.

Ideally, the Theon/ Ramsay arc goes something like this:

-Open with that scene of Ramsay/ Myranda having sex. Ramsay throws her into the dungeon, beats her, whatever.

-Reek and Myranda become friends, she talks about how awful Ramsay is.

-Myranda gets a plan to escape

-Ramsay shows Theon his "bitches," talks about how they are named

-Theon and Myranda escape

-Ramsay kills Myranda, flays some more of Reek

-Ramsay receives a letter from his father telling him to take Moat Cailin

-Ramsay sends Reek to treat with who he thinks is is uncle at Moat Cailin.

-When Theon arrives, we find out from Ralf Kenning that Victarion has left since Balon died.

-Theon gets the Ironborn to leave, Ramsay flays them all like the nice guy he is.

-Ideally in episode 10, after Arya flees to Braavos, Roose says something about Arya Stark marrying Ramsay in Winterfell.

This accomplishes a few things:

-It can be shown in 4-6 episodes, which will avoid some of the "way too much torture" stuff from S3.

-Depending on how the Theon/ Myranda conversation(s) go, we can get some excitement for where Theon will escape to (take Luwins advice and go to the Wall? Narrowly miss out on a reunion with Yara?)

-It allows the showrunners the ability to introduce a character (Victarion) that isn't shown on-screen that they ought to cast, (or take the Locke treatment to) in the future.

-It gives us more insight into Ramsay's evil. With no Joffrey left to hate, the audience will need someone to actively root against. Plus, it makes the impending Arya marriage (that won't be revealed as false until the next season)

-It makes the fake Arya story more believable for the viewing audience. and will make them excited for what goes on in Winterfell in S5.

-It allows the events in the North for S5 to be really tight, and to get through the remaining ADWD material, provided that also:

---Stannis captures Yara this season. This appears likely, since the trailers show Melisandre talking to someone who looks like Yara.

---Rickon leaves Last Hearth for Skagos (or Skagos is replaced with Last Hearth). Assuming he leaves via White Harbor, the lack of Wex can be avoided and Manderly knowing his location will still be believable.

Working within my limited knowledge of the future plot of the books/ the direction the show wants to go, this seems like the best way to do the Reek stuff, and is how I'll expect it to go.

I think this would be great and also make me excited about theons arc this season as well as not progressing too far. I could see season 5 finishing his dwd material.

Do you think balon will die early? How will they handle his replacement.

I think we might see balon die later and we will see a kings moot between victor and Euron in early season 5. Yara won't be there.

The Purple Wedding looks set to be incredible, just the set alone. I hope the cadt do it justice and aren't overshadowed by the set.

Looks like Brienne and Marg will have some interaction too. Maybe some discussion about Renly and how Marg was married to him.Possibly something to hint at why Brienne wont take Sansa either.

I have to say that the dialogue Masie said she liked did nothing for me. But it looks as though they will be coming across a burned village or something, perhaps its burned after Arya grows close to the people there. Then she sees the people who burned it for the fight at the Inn? (Since we dont have the Tickler anymore)

Drogon looks really big already Oo

Kind of a huge growthspurt from ep08 last season

In a brief discussion with another forum user, we speculated that this shot may take place in.the final or penultimate episode of s4, following Drogon through a series of chasing sheep, terrorising shepherds and ending with Hazzea, in which case he has had 10-12 episodes worth of time to grow :) That was just our opinion though

The Purple Wedding looks set to be incredible, just the set alone. I hope the cadt do it justice and aren't overshadowed by the set.

Looks like Brienne and Marg will have some interaction too. Maybe some discussion about Renly and how Marg was married to him.Possibly something to hint at why Brienne wont take Sansa either.

I have to say that the dialogue Masie said she liked did nothing for me. But it looks as though they will be coming across a burned village or something, perhaps its burned after Arya grows close to the people there. Then she sees the people who burned it for the fight at the Inn? (Since we dont have the Tickler anymore)

Maybe Margery is talking about giving Sansa back when she becomes queen, thus solving the brienne/sansa issue for 2 episodes

Here's what we know for certain will happen when thus far.

Ep. 4.1: ---A scene between Brienne, Margaery and the QoT, confirmed via a set report from Croatia on their first day of shooting there. I can't post links but look up Croatia on wicnet search and you'll find it.

----A scene with Melisandre, confirmed via a picture Carice tweeted of the first episode script cover.

----A scene with Shae, which we know via a picture Sibel posted on facebook of the first episode script cover.

Ep. 4.2: ---The PW, which will take up half of the ep as we were told in this featurette. We know this via the leaked call sheet which can easily be found online by looking up "game of thrones leaked callsheet". (If you want me to make a detailed argument as to why it's the real deal, I will, there is 100 percent proof of that).

---A scene with Fat Walda. Look up on wicnet the casting news when Fat Walda was cast. One of the links lists her as appearing in ep. 4.2.

Ep. 4.3---n/a

Ep. 4.4: ---According to the leaked call sheet, the scene with Jon and Grenn and co. attacking Craster's takes place here. This is confirmed also via the CVs of guy who plays Rast and the woman who will play "Morag Craster" one of the older wives presumably. These credit their appearance in a Michelle Monaghan directed ep. She directs ep. four.

EP. 4.5---That outdoor scene of Cersei and Oberyn. Written on the clapper thingmy that's seen in this featurette.

Ep. 4.6---Tyrion's "I am guilty of being a dwarf" trial speech. Confirmed via the clapper thingmy in this very featurette over shots of him and Cersei.

Ep. 4.7--Gregor Clegane killing beggars by the city walls while shirtless. NOT THE DUEL. A SEPERATE OCCURANCE. Confirmed via writing on the clapper thingmy from set pics that can be found on wicnet tumblr if you search back to September's Dubrovnik shoot.

Archived