what do you feel about barbrey dustin?

Lord Warwyck

Barbrey's definitely a wild-card, in another thread, I mentioned Roose might have an ace up his sleeve, that ace might be Lady Dustin, who is playing her own game, and could possibly be a double agent, waiting for the right time to make sure she's on the winning team. I say this because Roose is keeping things close to the vest, I think Roose at least suspects Lord Too-Fat-to-sit-a-horse isn't trustworthy, the all out near massacre in ADWD should have shouted that at him. Roose is also smart enough to know he can't outright imprison or kill Manderly, because his people would revolt, so lots of things are possible at this juncture.

Lady Barbery knows that anything said to Theon will be pretty much be repeated word for word back to Ramsay or Roose by Theon himself if asked. I may have been a bit glib by just saying "the lady doth protest too much", As the Hairy Bear pointed out she does seem to have genuine grievances with the Starks.

My personal feeling is she would be ecstatic with the Bolton's as Lords of the North had Domeric lived to inherit in future, She would probably be happy should Roose carry on to be succeeded by a child by fat Walda. The problem however is she must surely know that due to the fact that she has made her hatred for Ramsay known that her days would be numbered if he became free of his fathers influence within striking difference of her.

I like Lady Dustin i also think she is playing her own game.we are all gonna be shocked when we find out who she is in league with.i wonder if she had a baby with Brandon? She has to have some importance that has yet to be revealed.

It is possible that she is Ramsay's mother.

I have a feeling that her husband betrayed Ned. Read his thoughts on the ToJ. All the others he remembers fondly. Not Dustin

The Dustins claim KING OF THE NORTH - note their sigil.

Also I think Dustin did return - He is warged into the Red Stallion

It is possible that she is Ramsay's mother.

I have a feeling that her husband betrayed Ned. Read his thoughts on the ToJ. All the others he remembers fondly. Not Dustin

The Dustins claim KING OF THE NORTH - note their sigil.

Also I think Dustin did return - He is warged into the Red Stallion

She's definitely not Ramsay's mother. And I think it's clear that she's not very fond of Ramsay. I think she knows Ramsay killed Domeric (most Northern lords probably has figured this out) and she also suspect Ramsay could be involved in her sister Bethany's death. I wonder if she has her family's (House Ryswel) loyalty.

She seems a bit petty but in all I like her. I do think that her Stark hatred is more bluster than truth. Some people always need somebody to be angry at but given the chance to do something about it they readily admit what happened isn't the end of the world. In truth, if she actually is 'pro-Bolton' and not just leading him on I'd be surprised. She's the only person Roose seems 100% confident is on his side and it would be great if she actually wasn't.

• 5 months later...

She is putting on an act the whole time for some reason i never caught it until tonight doing a re read.

No matter how hard she tries she can not hide her resentment for Ramsay Snow. She now knows without a doubt that he killed her nephew who she practically raised. For that reason alone i believe Domeric was like a son to her and she will have her revenge when the time is rite.

Beyond the fact that she suspects Ramsay killed her sister and nephew i believe that she has other motives to betray her late sisters husband and his bastard. Her love for Brandon Stark seems real no matter how long ago it was she still feels for him and what never was for them. I wonder just how long she and William Dustin had been married. We know that Brandon Stark took her virginity and the feeling i got from her was that they wanted to marry each other maybe i'm wrong. Anyway 5 years before Brandon dies we know they were lovers because that is when he gets promised to Catelyn Tulley who is only about 12 so i assume Brandon keeps what i always refer to as ol faithful around to satisfy his needs.

At some point she gets married to William Dustin i wanna say it's rait around the time Brandon is going to marry Catelyn due to her not having any children. This is what makes me think to my self who did she love more the bad boy who took her virginity or the guy her father probably arranged for her to marry ? We all know the young ladies love the bad boys and everything about Lady Dustin strikes me as one of those girls.

Now to the meat and potatoes :

Barbrey: Why do you love the Starks?
Theon: I … I wanted to be one of them …
Barbrey: And never could
. We have more in common than you know, my lord.

I'm not an idiot and almost everyone on this site is highly intelligent

My interpretation to this quote is the speakers could easily be reversed or in other words she for what ever reason loves the Starks cause she wanted to be one of them and never could

Another thing is she in my eyes is trying to keep Arya safe not knowing she is fake, i feel the whole time she is trying to keep Arya/Jayne close to her. She cannot stand Ramsay and his bastards who she forbids from Barrow Hall but yet she offers to host the wedding ? Host a wedding for the guy who killed your only sister and a nephew you fostered ? Lady Dustin insists that she have Arya/Jeyne in her custody why do you think ? To keep her safe i think. Lady Dustin leads Theon to believe that Wyman Manderly is craven to the bone for surrendering and joining Roose despite his son being killed at the red wedding what a nice sales pitch no better way to pull it off. She is offended with Wyman's behavior at the Wedding is what we are to believe but i believe she is pissed he can't hold his cool to pull the whole scam off.

Lady Dustin is a Mummer and at the end of her strings is Theon until she throws him her hint about always wanting to be a Stark while they are in the Crypt, at this point i think she knows Theon didnt kill the Stark boys and could be persuaded to join the her cause but she doesn't trust him enough to say it. The huge obstacles for her and Wyman to overcome are his Wyman's hatred for the Freys who killed son and her hatred for Ramsay who killed her sister and nephew.

Pylos is a very good maester too, don't forget :)

Anyway, I think she's a spiteful and bitter woman who needs to be put down before she can do any harm to Ned's bones.

On the other hand I like that she doesn't put up with some of Ramsay's bullshit. To me she's like Genna Lannister. I somewhat enjoy them and am entertained by them, but I won't mourn either of them should they die.

:agree:

Archived